Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 17/05/08

Guest geachy1

does any1 know how many are getting relegated or withdrawing from div 1 and how many go up from div2

and how many going up and down from 2 and 3?

Guest Spenny

Well done fal ath boys.. got the win you needed but guess you would have wanted more goals. Did hayle have anyone extra playing?

The Mousehole/Fal Albion match was a game of two halves - not the football but the weather.

First half overcast but dry and some good football on a good pitch..

Second half the heavens opened and with 15 to go the pitch was waterlogged. Referee decided to abandon the game and got agreement from managers but then decided to finish the game. Made it a fun last game of the season - felt more like November than mid may,

Mousehole scored the winner with about 5 to go- ball nearly stopped on the line by the puddle but just hadnt rained quite enough..

At least Mousehole have got the summer to repair the pitch.

HAYLE 0 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 2

NATHAN MACINTOSH AND STEVE SHEPHERD PEN

ALWAYS GUNA BE HARD GAME TRAVELLING DOWN HERE BUT ATHLETIC STARTED STRONGLY CREATING CHANCES FROM THE OUTSET BUT FAILING TO REALLY LOOK LIKE SCORING. NATHAN 'NO ONE CAN CATCH ME' MACINTOSH GAINED THE BALL 30YARDS OUT ON HALF HOUR AFTER AN AWESOME MARADONA STYLE RUN FROM THE STEVE THE PENSIONER COGGIN, NATHAN UNLEASHED AN UNSTOPPABLE SHOOT PAST THE KEEPER VIA A NUT MEG. HAYLE GINGER HAIRED STRIKER THEN GOT SENT OFF FOR DOUBLE FOOTED CHALLENGE ON JOEL I DONT CONCEDE RICHARDSON, THE CHALLENGE CAUGHT HIM ON HIS CHEST THATS HOW HIGH CHALLENGE WAS, REF HAD NO OPTION. SECOND HALF AND STEVE SHEPHERD CONFIRMED A WIN WITH PENALTY IN 55TH MINUTE. WITH ATHLETIC THEN CONTROLLING IT WERE FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO OVERCOME THE LINESMAN SUMMED UP WHEN NATHAN MAC RAN PAST 3 DEFENDERS TO GET TO THROUGH BALL BUT WAS GIVEN OFFSIDE THEN JAKE I AM HENCH HARVEY CROSSED FOR AWESOME FINISH FROM BEN THE MAIN MAN AMBROSE BUT SOMEHOW THE LINESMAN GAVE A HAND BALL AGAINST JAKE EVEN THOUGH HE HAD BALL AT FEET THE WHOLE TIME. CARRIED THE MATCH THROUGH WITH FEW INJURIES BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY GAINED 3POINTS AND WITH MANY SURPRISES STILL TO COME THIS SEASON IT AINT OVER YET. MUST COMPLIMENT THE PITCH WAS AMAZING ESPECIALLY FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR

PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE FROM STEVE 'DADS ARMY' COGGIN IN CENTRE WHO GOT MAN OF MATCH :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Mawnans no 9

PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE FROM STEVE 'DADS ARMY' COGGIN IN CENTRE WHO GOT MAN OF MATCH thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

what would you call me then, I am there and there abouts , as long as you look after your self you should play as long as you can, all though you young ones do run round rings me at times