Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL RESULTS Wednesday 14th May

ECPL RESULTS Wednesday 14th May

Premier Division

Probus 1 Lanreath 3

Tamarside 3 Godolphin 2

Division One

Bude Town 5 Holsworthy 3

St Stephen 3 Lifton 0 (St Stephen are the Division One champions)

What a bizarre game at the Rok Parkway. A solid pitch 2 hours before kick off was made almost unplayable as non stop heavy rain left lots of puddles on the pitch. A first half of 4 goals, one coming from the Tamarside goalie, and how ironic that Torpoint first team player Adam Carter came off the bench to score the winner with a tame shot which the keeper could only scuff into his own net. The strong Torpoint following watching the match were obviously overjoyed and barring a miracle amount of goals from Godolphin in their last two games, Torpoint are literally guaranteed to be crowned as Champions!

Guest ECPL Supporter

He finished as their leading goal scorer but that is the biggest goal Carts has scored for Torpoint Football Club surely?

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

I am sure Tamarside players can take great pride in the fact that regular players gave away their team places to `ringers` from higher Leagues to enable Torpoint to win the the ECPL,or should that be the

ECR(ringers)L. No wonder the Devon sides are joining a Kernow League so they can stitch up Cornish sides. :c:

Guest thebigfella

It happens every week across the region and, until the rules change, it is always going to happen. I think this maybe just a case of sour grapes, or jealousy that other teams cannot get players like Carter, Davies and Alexander to play for them! You forgot Parkway keeper Blackler who was in for the injured Piper, and I believe Truro Combo defender Lewis Russell, I think.

It seems that because it's Tamarside, a Devon club, it cuts that much deeper!

As I understand it, players like Carter, Blackler, Russell and Davies moved on from Tamarside to play at a higher level, something that the club has encouraged over the years. But, no matter where they play, Falmouth, Torpoint, Liskeard, Parkway or Truro they will always be 'Tamarside lads'. They are all very loyal to the club, even though they may not turn out for them week in week out. I think that's commendable.

As for regular players 'loosing' their places... I think you'll find, after talking to some of them, they were glad of the rest after playing on Saturday and Monday!

Nobody can moan unless the rules change! But I fail to see how they can... if they did change, we'd have situations where clubs, especially towards the end of the season and in mid-week games, would fail to raise sides.

As long as a player is fully registered with that club, he can hardly be described as a 'ringer' can he?

Well done Torpoint... a master stroke alllowing Carter to play for Tamarside!!!

Godolphin have been excellent over the last couple of seasons and they will do well in the SWPL next season. I doubt Metts will have any complaints... 2 games to go, 7-0 and 7-0? Could they?!!

There is a little bit of animosity being shown here. The end of season rush to complete fixtures always causes a problem especially in the last couple of seasons through having the league cup which has extended the season. Nearly all the clubs sign on players for cover. Tamarside played 3 games in 5 days and play again on Saturday.

Until you have 1 player 1 club this will always happen.

metts is here and what a fantastic game last night lots of talking points !!! we took on a very experienced torpoint parkway truro city saltash/ tamerside eleven last night lol but no rules were broken so good luck to them, if it was in the spirit of the game is for everyone else to decided ? the field was under pools of water lightning was all around lights failing lots of tackles major talking points what a game of football , we went one nil up in ten mins then the big and i mean big point of the game, the parkway / tamerside keeper went to drop kick the ball from the edge of his area the ref turned his back to run or swim up field the ball dropped but suck dead in the water and he missed his kick packo was in like a flash ( no it was not the lighting ) and skipped around him and planted it in the net, goal goal goal 2 nil up or so we thought the ref turns around not sure what had happened and goes to the lino who is 20 feet away yes 20 bloody feet and guess what the lino said lol i did not see i was tieing my trainers up lol he had bloody strap on trainers for gods sake and the ref because he did not see it starts the game with a drop ball whats that all about !!!!!!! what a big big point for him to get wrong . we faced a keeper with the biggest kick iv seen for ages and in fact he scored from in side his own area with one monster kick lol, and how about ben and carts getting the other 2 goals both play for torpoint first team and now have helped their second team to be in poll position in the league , ( would you not think they would be registererd to torpoint reserves if they play for the club ), last night we learnt a lot about football how to defend against 2 big forwards how to defend against the second wave of forwards with a team that 4 seasons ago was in the depths of junior football, we had 7 players last night who started that journey with us and are learning all the time so last night was a fantastic training session for us, feeling down yes i am feeling cheeted a bit but i feel tamerside let the spirit of the game down not ourselves and that is their call, they broke no rules and like ourselves play a lot of games at this time of the season, do i like going into the dressing room and hearing all the tamerside players singing torpoint weve won the league !!! not really lol but things like that make me laugh , i learnt a lot last night to help me in the future along with derek and mick. we have gained promotion through (at the moment) finishing in the top 2 and quiet some distance ahead of tamerside , we wish them luck in the evely cup against truro ( now there is the next point will truro play reski ludds mark and jake against tamerside lol ) and dont go complaing guys if they do football has a funny habbit of paying you back lol.

but we as a club are very proud of every player last night the disapointment will go and we have the next game to look forward to, tamerside did they do their reputation proud last night? in the spitit of the game prob not but no rules were broken ? celebrating after like they won the league well respect is earnt never demanded but i forgot some were torpoint players , and for the lino next time u want to tell pokies check u have laces and not straps lol you had a good enough team to win by football not by that , now that is def not in the spirit of the game alan metters coach godolphin atlantic afc

What happened to the ECPL rule about not deliberately strengthening or weakening a team in a promotion or relegation game?

Never mind Metts it's been happening to Foxhole for years, next season the only team that will be able to do it to you again is the mighty Truro. Looking forward to playing you next season. Bring on Paxton and the boys, Mayer reckons he's playing for you again next season, he must be nearly sixty!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard Morwenstow and Lanreath are both using their vets teams against Godolphin to even up last nights game, 14 goals should be no problem !

Ben Davies plays for Falmouth Town first team not Torpoint and he and Crater have always played for Tamarside and not Torpoint reserves.

Paxton's goal was disallowed for showing his studs when the goalkeeper tried to kick the ball up the park.

No mention of a superb diving header for another Tamarside goal being ruled out for what !!!!!! I'm afraid the visiting linesman flagged for everything in his teams favour. That alone was very disappointing.

The referee is one of the fairest refs around so you can’t blame him. He gave the game every chance and the players responded well.

No mention of the fact that most of the Tamarside players as I understand it came through the ranks of Tamarside from a very, very early age.

I also think you will find that a lot of the Torpoint players who watched the match most probably went into the home changing room to celebrate after all they all know each other well. I would have thought what they did was quite normal, not nice to hear but normal.

It would have been much nicer to lose gracefully. We all have our own views about an incident or about players, they are not ringers and you have every reason to suggest that your view is the correct one. You are obviously angry but the comment 'experienced Torpoint, parkway, truro city saltash/ tamarside eleven was a little unnecessary. Don't forget Tamarside are trying for third place and as you say no rules were broken. Signing players as a back up at the end of a season has been going on for over 40 odd years so nothing has changed there.

What will never change and when the dust finally settles the record books will always show Tamarside 3 Godolphin 2.

And all this from a team who were beaten 2-1 by Padstow United in the league cup, a team who are no longer in the league.

Godolphin have been a great credit to the league and in my opinion by far the better football playing team I have seen. Unfortunately this season is 24 games long and the best team always wins the league.

Don't forget Godolphin can still win the title. It will be bloody difficult but they have already beaten Morwenstow 6-1 and Lanreath 5-0. All they have to do is find another five goals from somewhere. Now that would surprise everyone

Correction

Torpoint, Falmouth, Plymouth Parkway, Truro, Saltash, Tamarside 3 - 2 Godolphin (pub side)

ECPL are you in the real world ?

Tony Mckeller was clearly launced into his own goal with a push from behind before he headed into the net.

Lee Paxtons goal was not ruled out because of lee Paxton showing studs. The referee told me personaly that he or the HOME linesman did not see an infringement so how can he rule the goal out, the game was in fact restarted with a bounce up ?

Just because you have been doing something for 40 years it doesn't make it right. Its been on the news lately that a bloke in Austria locked his daughter in a cellar for 20 odd years, is 20 odd years enough to make it right or does it have to be 40 ?

The rules of the league are a farce in that their is no cut off point for signing on players.

You are right in saying that we need 15 goals. As far as ECPL rules are concerned and assuming somebody at our Club had very deep pockets, Godolphin can still sign on the whole Truro squad and field them to play the last two matches.

Lets just assume that thats what we did and that we got the 16 goals, what would you think of your rules then. The league just becomes a pointless exercise which it did last night and every single player who has competed in the league throughout the season deserves better.

I wish I had your rose coloured spectacles mine must have got blurred in the rain. I also think you will find that players cannot transfer between ECPL clubs after 31st march or has that changed. Yes I am in the real world and I didn't fancy all the rain last night.

I am afraid that was a shockingly distasteful analogy about 40 years. All I can say is I wish you well in the next two games and when you join the Peninsula League.

Thanks for your good wishes ECPL

We have enjoyed the experience of ECPL football over the last 3 years.

I do realy feel though, that for the future good of the league, you need to look long and hard at the rules in terms of player registrations, the players who have been competing in the league all winter long deserve better.

Why should your cut off for transfers within the League (31st March) not extend to the signing of players from other leagues.

One simple measure would tighten things up considerably.

Well Done Torpoint, lets hope you do go on and win the league. At the end of the day no rules were broken and the best team over the season always wins the league. Knowing the Torpoint management i am sure they would not be on here complaining if the boot was on the other foot and they had lost to Tamarside, who were a good enough side to beat them in the league cup final anyway.

Guest ECPL Supporter

To be fair to tamarside they played on saturday and monday and picked up injuries. I wonder if godolphin would be complaining if the players tamarside needed to bring in to make up for the injuries were lesser class players and g had won 4-0?

Going on Dave Bunts posting there is such a rule, unfortunately for Godolphin it does not appear to apply in their case in this particular match.

The rule 8 (L) says 'A player shall not be eligible to play for a team in any special championship, promotion or relegation DECIDING MATCH (as specified in Rule 12A) unless the player has played six games for that team in this competition in the current season

Rule 12A only relates to the deciding of places based on results which this would apply if it is a deciding match.

In the case of Rule 8 (L) unless it has been changed at a later date then the all important words are DECIDING MATCH.

As Godolphin still have to play another two matches after this one then the Tamarside match CANNOT BE DEEMED A DECIDING MATCH.

The only time this can apply is when Godolphin visit LANREATH on TUESDAY for their last match of the season because if Godolphin beat Morwenstow by a big score, and Lanreath field a player who had not played six league games for them in what that match would be deemed as a Championship DECIDING MATCH then Godlphin could put in a protest.

The problem then is it would not make any difference as all Godolphin would get would be 3 points and a 0-0 score or they could order the game to be replayed.

We then have the other scenario. Torpoint lost their last match at home to Sticker. Sticker played Liam Dingle. As this was Torpoint's last match can it be described as a DECIDING MATCH (after all it was their last game) and had Liam Dingle played more than six games for Sticker, if not what can Torpoint do.

The trouble with rules and I take Derek Martyn's point they may look great for years until something like this happens and they should be changed. For a start you can't change them retrospectively.

But a legal mind has to ask the question WHAT DOES IT SAY - not WHAT DOES IT MEAN. We all know what the rule meant but because the rule is worded in the way it is you can only interpret the fact and that is A DECIDING MATCH at which this was not.

I hope that is not gobbledgook. I have tried to understand the rule but I keep coming back to what it actually says and not what does it mean.

What might be a good idea is for club secretaries to look at this particular rule and try to change it so that what it means and what it says is the same thing. (I wish you luck) I am sure the league would not like this rule to be left hanging in the air.

Perhaps Phil Hiscox can offer some sort of view or even advice.

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

Good luck to Godolphin and wouldnt it be justice if Lanreath and Morwenstow somehow fielded a weakened side against GOdolphin and they did get the goals they need,oh how that would upset torpoint and espacially ECPL as he seems to be all for the devon sides and torpoint.East Cornwall Ringers League. :c:

Reply to ecpl about the talking points (band wagon and jumping on spring to mind) and to congratulate you on your super human powers, hope ur not getting ur info second hand and jumping on the anti g band wagon, Im sure some one of ur standing would only comment on actual facts and being present to witness these incidents, surly not even you would comment on second hand info on a soccer forum or would you ? ,

i refured to the lee paxton incident (which we all know the keeper dropped the ball which stuck dead in the water) which the ref did not see ( something about doing back stroke further up the field ) the lino tying his shoe laces ( ha ha with strap ons trainers and 20 foot away while the keeper kicks it,) i know nothing senior i see nothing sounds like an arsenal prem manager lol, no studs were shown the ball simply stuck in the mud!!!!!! then the incident regarding macka our center half ending up in the net and somewhere towards saltash , after being mounted by the center forward ( only thing missing was the ky jelly) these 2 points you have replyed to but on reading your earlier post u were at home during the first half which would put u not at the ground st 10 ,mins and 30 mins timed of incidents, you stated u were going to watch the second half , so i must congratulate u on being super human to be in two places at once, or are u just jumping on the band wagon. maybe u were there maybe u were at home maybe u got ur info second hand , as ricki tomlison would say football supporter MY ASS alan metters

Hold it Grandson of Jimbo! Where does it say in any of my postings that I am in favour or not of Devon clubs or of Torpoint? I've said it on a number of occasions I do not give a stuff who wins or who is better or worse because they come from Devon. You only have to look at the Lifton situation. They are from Devon. I did not support them over their possible relegation I just supported the rules of the competition. The situation has changed and they remain in the league. Likewise with St Stevens Borough and they are Cornish playing on a plastic pitch. I don't have to play on it that is for others to decide but I put forward an argument about the dangers of playing on such a surface and it produce a terrific debate.

Likewise the Tamarside v Godolphin situation. It makes no difference whether I agree or disagree with Tamarside, likewise with Lanreath and Liskeard who have been using Dobwalls players and I assume many other teams do also. That is why I rarely give my personal opinion on such matters. I can pose the question and ask questions which allows others to discuss or to decide.

The same with the possibility of new Devon clubs joining the league. If the rules allow it then that is it. And yes my personal opinin is I think by bringing these clubs in then the standard of the ECPL will continue to rise and so will the facilities. I will always back progress.

It is also up to clubs to come up with rules that they think need changing or tweaking and put them to the ECPL committee.

We alll know the end of season sees clubs bringing in players which has been going on since when I played. I don't know how to change the rules that is why I asked people to come up with a rule that prevents the so called 'ringers' situation happening again.

We are all in this game together and debate is good for the game but I can assure you I have no preferance. Although if you really like to know I will be dissapointed at not seeing Godolphin in the ECPL next season because overall I liked how they played the game. That will be the Peninsula leagues gain.

Guest thebigfella

Well, what a load of bull!!

At the end of the day no rules were broken. Tamarside had played 2 games in 3 days, had picked up injuries, players unavailable through work commitments etc, but they still fielded A side.

As for a cut off date for signing players, what difference would that have made? Carter, Davies, Alexander, Bevan, Brook, Russell, Best and the like have been registered Tamarside players all season I believe and have made numerous appearances prior to the Godolphin game.

I have some sympathy for Godolphin but again, Tamarside did nothing wrong, and let's not forget Tamarside's regular XI ain't all that bad either and who's to say it would have made a difference!

I fail to see how the rules can be changed in the future. If you do, all you will get is alot of clubs failing to raise teams in the latter stages of the season. Lots of admin problems, points deductions and clubs pushing for Championships moaning because their opponents have forfeited the game denying them the opportunity to grab some goals... you can't have it all ways!

I didn't actually expect Metts to be so bitter. He blames the referee, the linesman, the Tamarside team selection and the league officials. How about your team Metts... they lost! We can all feel agrieved at circumstances that have gone against us in football matches but, at the end of the day it's 11 players against 11 players, and Tamarside's 11 players were better on the day than Godolphin's.

Maybe Morwenstow and Lanreath will put out weakened sides, that's their call. Tamarside though decided, as they always do, to field their strongest possible side. Darren Potter had players unavailable and decided to use the best players he had at his disposal as he has done on numerous occasions throughout the season. I doubt their was any malice intended towards Godolphin, or favour towards Torpoint... they merely wanted to win a game of football and gain three points. Whats wrong with that?

Good luck to Godolphin in their final two games. I hope in many ways you do win them by large margins as that in itself would be a tremendous achievement... and I've never been a massive Torpoint fan!!

Sorry Metts ever heard of Bluetooth or whatever these ruddy things are called, a laptop computer and a dry interior of a car. I don't recall saying that and I cant find it on this thread, but I could hardly see the pitch from where my car was parked.

Perhaps it was because I was sat in the car before going back out in to the elements when I used my computer. The only time I used the computer was as you can see at the top was at 8.26pm after I received the results from the other games. That was when I started to put the results on to the computer. I don't have to be at home to use my laptop.

In any case what is done is done, we can't change it, I suggest we all move on.

Read with interest the various postings regarding the Tamarside/Godolphin match. As previously stated Tamarside sign at the beginning of the season players for both our senior squads. As is common knowledge a lot of players from the Peninsula league are ex-Tamarside Juniors progressing into our senior squads and then snapped up by sides in a higher grade of football offering them money to play.We have never stood in a way of a player when this opportunity arises.I speak to players when they are approached and advise them,sometimes I feel it is too soon for them to move on and other occasions the time is right.I have even spoken to Opposition managers and had transfers put on hold till the following season.Example of this is Lewis Russell who was appraoched by a variety of clubs 18 months ago and eventually moved to Truro via Torpoint.

The players more often than not insist to their new sides that they will also remain on Tamarsides books and indeed 25% turnout of Tamarside training sessions consist of the "old boys".

The end of a long,hard season has meant a lot of our regulars have become unavailable for a variety of reasons mainly injuries, some awaiting operations (we have a very young squad and not as hardened to senior football as they like to think at times!)

It would be easier for us as a Club to see out the season but in fairness to our management they felt we had a right to field as strong a team as possible til the end of the season and it was not a grudge against Godolphin as the side fielded against them was similar to the sides put out in our last three fixtures.

We have the end of season final against Truro on the 25th and once again we look to use the regulars from the squad used all season subject to their availability.

Can we as a Club wish Godolphin the best of luck in their venture next season and congratulate both them and Torpoint in advance for whatever position they finish in the table this season,whoever wins it has earned the title.

Darren Stewart...voice of reason and sport, good man.

I'd just like to say, what if Tamarside had these players available to them but chose not to play them and lost this game?

How would Torpoint have felt?

Metts...put that scenario the other way around, a team plays Torpoint, they need a win to challenge Godolphin for the title and they choose not to play various players who are properly signed on, have featured for that club many times over many seasons (most since they were 8), but may be signed on for higher placed teams this season, they actually play a weakened side due to other players being injured and Torpoint win?

Is that in the spirit of the game? Would you be asking why they didn't play the strongest team available to them?

This situation affects me not one jot and I don't really care either way but some of you try to take some moral high ground and actually you're as guilty as anyone else for being bitter and twisted when if it was the other way around you would be holding a different view.

Having read all the comments regarding the Tamarside v Godolphin match and all the views on whether it is within the boundaries of Fair Play, my argument would be.....However much as manager's we may disagree when it happens against us, given the opportunity we would all do it and the only answer is to pick your own team go out there and try and get your result.

The top teams in each division in each league should expect that other teams will always try and put out their best available XI to try and beat you.

If that means being able to draft in legitimate players, who are registered with a particular club and are eligible to play , even though they may have moved onto / or play for another club in a higher league then so be it......I know I would do it, have done it and will do it again given the opportunity.

Godolphin have just been excepted into the SWPL Div One West and good luck to them, but are they going to complain every time the opposition have a better team on paper than theirs....No of course they're not, would there be so much debate, had Godolphin won on Wednesday night....I doubt it.

Isn't the idea of being a top team is that you should have the capabilities of matching and in most cases beating whatever side is put in front of you.

We (Bere Alston) were, right until the last two games ofthe season, in contention for the Div One title.

We recently went to Tavistock reserves expecting to face several of their 1st team and were not disappointed as they put in Andy Meeds, Sam Chitty, Mike Arscott and Glyn Hobbs, so we put in two players with SWPL Premier experience who had played for us at the beginning of the season......We won 1-0.

Ten days later and still in contention and with those same two players still in my team, we went to Camelford Reserves, who also included a handful of 1st team players....and...we lost 2-1.

Difference was, my team were outstanding against Tavy and awful against Camelford and yes we moaned about Tavy's starting line up before the game, but that all changed 90 minutes later and subsequently we moaned about our own performance against Camelford, not the match winning performance of the Camelford 1st teamers aganist us.

There will be eight SWPL reserve teams in next seasons Premier Division, so I am expecting my team to face many an SWPL player, especially at the beginning and end of the season with the usual evening matches.

All I, and every other manager can do is put out our strongest XI, go out there and compete and at the end of the day, what goes around will come around and the best teams will still find their way to the top of the table.

ok stewart, lets look at it another way.

Lets assume that you are chasing the title next season and that Bodmin were top of the league seven points clear of you but you had 3 games in hand. Lets assume that St Blazey lie in fifth and can finish top 3.

You turn up to play St Blazey only to find that eight Truro players are playing against you, Truro having finished their League campaign, (several truro players having a past with st blazey). You go down narrowly 3-2

You and your players have given everything to try to win that title all season, You now need to win your last 2 games by 15 clear goals to win the title.

Are you realy saying you wouldn't feel a little hard done by ??

Congratulations on winning your title !

Surely at the end of the day it is a managers responsibility to put out his strongest available side,if that means bringing in players who are signed for the club from elsewhere then so be it. I have been a player and manager within the old SWL and the ECPL for the last 20 years, and this happens constantly but you just have to get on with it and stop whinging, the result from Weds is not going to change now anyway. If Godolphin are going to compete at SWPL level next season they will face stronger sides than the one put out by Tamarside, after all the so called 'Ringers' were hardly seasoned players at the higher level.

Derek,

Derek,

However I felt about it I wouldn't be coming on here trying to be all high and mighty about it trying to hide my moan behind pragmatism (and fake lol's) knowing full well that if the boot was on the other foot I would do exactly the same, as would Godolphin and every other team who operate within the rules and not within the "spirit of the game".

That's my point, not aimed at you, by the way.

Thanks for the congrats, and well done to your club for getting promoted and if you win the league, you will deserve it because the best team always wins the league!

P.S If Wadebridge are going to St. Blazey near the end of next season in contention to win the league I will be getting the freedom of the Town!!!

P.P.S All the players mentioned in this thread are just a small minority of well coached, skillful, footballers that have passed through Tamarside under the expert guidance of probably the best coach in this area, Darren Stewart, and had they secured the use of a different ground, they would by now be in the CSWPL Premier and be pushing for promotion to the Western League.

Stuart

:SM_carton: Its an absolute disgrace,this just typifies the way the mickey mouse old farts at the head of the respective Leagues run the football in this County,it happens at Junior level and obviously at the Senior level,how the hell can any club justify player ringers at this time of season.

You sign for one club,then you should play for that club,end of,of course Godolphin are upset,who wouldnt,just proves the Governing bodies are full of excrement

Guest ECPL Supporter

:SM_carton: Its an absolute disgrace,this just typifies the way the mickey mouse old farts at the head of the respective Leagues run the football in this County,it happens at Junior level and obviously at the Senior level,how the hell can any club justify player ringers at this time of season.

You sign for one club,then you should play for that club,end of,of course Godolphin are upset,who wouldnt,just proves the Governing bodies are full of excrement

A ringer was always used to describe a horse running in a race under a false name. So seeing as u r using the term 'ringer' who actually played under a false name?

A ringer was always used to describe a horse running in a race under a false name. So seeing as u r using the term 'ringer' who actually played under a false name?

You know what i mean,players from "other clubs,helping out",also ringer could mean something entirely different

to clear up some points i would like to say derek and myself made sure we shook the hand of every tamerside/players after the game the manager ref and even lino, and wished them the very best in the evely cup. ( we have represented the league ourselves in the last 2 seasons) and hope they bring the trophy back to the league something we failed to do , these soccer forums are great to air views, we have freedom of speach in this country and asking questions ,hearing opions ,is our right,the questions asked were simple did tamerside play in the spirit of the game ? did tamerside break any rules ? and what are other peoples views on what happened? the players are not at fault they simply get asked to play,the question was did tamerside let them selves down regarding the spirit of the game ? did all the players play 6 games before playing us to qualify playing in a promotion decider, and by doing this was it a level playing field for all concerned? if they have broke any rules then the powers to be will sort it out but your views are important and its good to hear other guys supporting our views on points, and next what about truro 2nds not raising a squad to play in the evely cup !!!!!!!!!!!!! i heard not many are going to the presentation night tonight as well ? if truro cant raise a squad then tamerside should collect the trophy,at the end of this season not waiting untill truro can raise a squad!!!!! the date has been set end of story !!!! im sure if we dont go to mortinstow this afternoon ( on cup final day) we will get fined and docked the points so is there any difference ????? whats the views on truro , right thats all catch u laters alan metters

Guest ECPL Supporter

I do know what u mean, and you've just said it. 'helping out'. tamarside had 3 games in 5 days, picked up injuries, so needed extrav players to help them out

I do know what u mean, and you've just said it. 'helping out'. tamarside had 3 games in 5 days, picked up injuries, so needed extrav players to help them out

I totally agree with you,i think every club at the crucial end of the season,should get as many "Helpers" as they can get,after all this is only sport,nobody cares,what better way to end the season,also it should be mandatory to balls up Title/relegation deciders,what a way to remember the past 9 months by

in the spirit of the game yes we understand the fixture pile up we deal with it every season nearly 8 or 9 games in 2 weeks it comes with the fact of being sucessfull in the cups you get a league fixture back log , but the normal tamerside players were all standing in the dugout watching and they all seemed pretty fit and fresh to myself, and they were kicking the balls around before the game and i thought they r changing late then this team runs out !!!!!!!!!full of different players!!!!!! then they were kicking around again half time so what happened to the injuries and the spirit of the game ? the question is did all the tamerside players play 6 games to play in a promotion deceider its quite simple ?????

Guest ECPL Supporter

in the spirit of the game yes we understand the fixture pile up we deal with it every season nearly 8 or 9 games in 2 weeks it comes with the fact of being sucessfull in the cups you get a league fixture back log , but the normal tamerside players were all standing in the dugout watching and they all seemed pretty fit and fresh to myself, and they were kicking the balls around before the game and i thought they r changing late then this team runs out !!!!!!!!!full of different players!!!!!! then they were kicking around again half time so what happened to the injuries and the spirit of the game ? the question is did all the tamerside players play 6 games to play in a promotion deceider its quite simple ?????

Probably cause they were eligible for the cup final