Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 3 v Falmouth 2 (ht 1 v 1)

Falmouth came from behind to lead 2v1 but Newquay powered home to yet another win to confirm we are the form side since Christmas (excluding Truro City of course !)

After a scrappy first 20 minutes, Newquay got on top and Wheldon turned well and curled the opener into the bottom corner. Luke Wort smashed an equaliser into the ground on the stroke of half time only to see it loop up and into the top corner for a flukey equaliser but Luke deserved his luck after creating several early chances for himself out of nothing.

Newquay were far more dominant in the second half with Falmouth relying on hitting long balls to the excellent Wort; although he had little support in dangerous areas. Falmouth took the lead on 60 minutes against the run of play when the linesman ruled a goalmouth scramble had trickled over the line.

Newquay hit back almost immediately; Bradshaw's run and cross flicked home off the head of leading scorer Scott Palmer.

Newquay had several chances to win the game including a Morris goal harshly ruled off but Bradshaw latched on to Pennington's through ball in the 85th minute to slot home a winner.

Nice to see no first teamers in action on either side and another close game; our fourth of the season after a cup replay.

Well done ref in difficult circumstances with several key decisions to make (which all went in Falmouths way incidentally) but that is what the ref is there for. He interferred just enough to keep the game flowing and to prevent things bubbling over.

CTB, a warming crowd of about 45 including the ever vocal "Judge" and his band of merry flag waves and song chanters.

Season now over for Newquay and looking forward to next year and must surely rate as one of the contenders next year if the squad stays in place.

I love the Jollys league...so much so I named it after me !

Thanks all for so many good games and tough challenges. See you all next year.

Helstons scorers were...Liam Eddy, Brain Hawke...30 yard screamer!!!! Kayne Trevaskis and steven hawke! great come back from being 3-1 down played some good football at times Penryn battled hard until then end credit to them. Also credit to the groundsman the pitch as immaculate there was as much grass in the goal mouths than there was out on the wings. great job especially for this time of the season

Guest Ronin

Well done Perranwell for a good result at our place tonight and many congratulations on a pretty much dead cert 2nd place in the league (sorry Winno!).

Because of the FA Cup Final on Saturday 17th May I think Wendron -v- Perranporth will kick off at 12 noon :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

Ihave to agree with Bazzer that Falmouth Town can consider themselves very unlucky tonight and deserved something out of the game. Just goes to prove that if things are going for you then you can get results.

Well done to Vic Osborne and his team for a great run since Christmas and the squad looks good and the team spirit is great. Looking forward to the Annual Dinner on Saturday evening at the Sandy Lodge. Should be a good night.

I was pleased to meet the legendary Postie Pidge this evening.

Guest Ronin

Not quite the same battle as it was for the premiership is it? I guess if Perranwell lose 10-0 then Helston can make do with a nil-nil draw? :lol:

Guest Ronin

Because of the FA Cup Final on Saturday 17th May I think Wendron -v- Perranporth will kick off at 12 noon :thumbsup:

My mistake, it's 1 o'clock :D