Cornwall Football Forum

Guest whirlwind

i dont understand why everyone is picking on spenny, i've watched him play on numerous occassions this season and he's been the rock at the heart of their defence. however i do agree with the comment about him lacking pace, i'm in my 70's now i would put money on myself to beat him in a sprint.

Guest Spenny

Firstly, holmans defo deserved to win the game.... chace didn't turn up. We have them again tomorrow in the league, so chance to make amends.

Thanks to all those who choose to comment, good and bad, just glad im still playing to earn any kind of mention. Surely this is well known news though hey.......i have always been slow.....o.a.p's usually run past me on the pavement...... but the sdes i play for always seem to finish near the top. Fluke maybe!

Guest mariner

Firstly, holmans defo deserved to win the game.... chace didn't turn up. We have them again tomorrow in the league, so chance to make amends.

Thanks to all those who choose to comment, good and bad, just glad im still playing to earn any kind of mention. Surely this is well known news though hey.......i have always been slow.....o.a.p's usually run past me on the pavement...... but the sdes i play for always seem to finish near the top. Fluke maybe!

Thats because you have 10 other better players around you just a fluke you pick the right one try cury from div 3 next season and see where you finish. Ha ha. Also what about your season with st day in the combo finished sixth? Didnt fancy another season at it then, why is that?

Guest Spenny

I actually had two seasons at st day mariner......... but i thought i was too old and rubbish to play combo so went back to chacewater when asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALMOUTH TOWN 5 MAWNAN 1

GOALS FROM ROSS, BOBBY BRYANT AND THIRD JUST BEFORE HALF TIME. SECOND HALF BOBBY SENT OFF FOR CRACKING SAVE ON THE LINE FORGETTING HE WAS OUTFIELD PLAYER LOL

DAMIEN STEVENS SCORED FROM PENALTY. GLEN AND MAWNAN NUMBER HAD SCUFFLE IN SECOND HALF MID WAY THROUGH RESULTING IN BOTH BOOKED AND CORNER GIVEN AWAY, FROM CORNER TOWN WON A PENALTY WHICH JAMES MILLER CONVERTED WITH EASE THEN HE ADDED A SECOND.

A FANTASTIC RESULT FOR TOWN CONGRATULATIONS TONY PENTACOST JUST SHOWING HOW FAR THEY HAVE RISEN IN SHORT SPACE OF TIME

GUD LUCK IN FINAL :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest omerta

cheers deano im very proud of my squad this morning. your right only 2seasons ago when i took over we were in Div3 and now after consecutive promotions and 3trophies we sit top6 In Div1 and have a cup final to look forward to. Obviously ive had to strengthen as weve moved up but still 8 of last nights squad have been with me all the way its been hard work trying to maintain progress with only the 1 junior team(only us and st.keverne-who have had there resources stretched to the max and fallen away in recent weeks have this problem) but it has allowed me to call upon my contacts at senior level i have built up managing the last 8years and although theyve given me the extra quality lately the basis for our success comes from the regulars. the stats show weve won16 d1 of our last 18games and although our form in the first 10games was warranting a mid table pos which i would of taken preseason our form from november would have us at the top.Weve now given Fal town their highest ever finish in FHFL history(48years) its where we go from here that concerns me. We play mawnan again on sat and thats gonna be some game believe me they are a very proud club themselves and last nights hammering hurt bad and there is no way on earth theyl want to lose 2 on the bounce whislt they still have a chance of the title and double in the percys against you boys next week!!!

Guest omerta

yeh at dracaena,you and chacewater on bottom pitch both games have a bearing on the title race mawnan looking to claim max pts whilst hoping u guys draw. still plenty of twists and turns yet deano. i said to jake in feb this title will be won with the lowest amount of pts for many a year due to the competitive nature its good to see 4 teams stil in with a chance mid may!.i believe the wake up call you had at mousehole(the defeat hasnt done to much damage) will focus your minds in what needs to be done. Roy and kevs

experience in title matters will be good enough to see you home(just!!!!!)

m.o.m-Mark Jefferies nothing spectacular just read the game so well shielding the back 3 snuffing out danger and covering where required