Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 2 - 6 Bideford (15/4/2008)

Guest TruroLad

Guest TruroLad

what a dire display of football, truro never got in the game apart from the first 25 minutes then after that it was pretty much all bideford.

if truro are serious about getting to the conference this needs to be a one off performance, if they play like that in the southern league they will get crucified.

two things that need to be adressed, the defence it was completely horrific tonight.

the midfielders and strikers need to learn how to shoot from outside the 18 yard box instead of trying to walk the ball into the back of the net!!!!

Guest Bunhill

what a dire display of football, truro never got in the game apart from the first 25 minutes then after that it was pretty much all bideford.

if truro are serious about getting to the conference this needs to be a one off performance, if they play like that in the southern league they will get crucified.

two things that need to be adressed, the defence it was completely horrific tonight.

the midfielders and strikers need to learn how to shoot from outside the 18 yard box instead of trying to walk the ball into the back of the net!!!!

Agree with you about being more greedy outside of the box Trurolad. I think off the pitch issues need to be taken into account when looking at the bigger picture and the reasons for the result which didn't remotely look to be on the cards after the first 15mins. Second half was an absolute shocker though. Best of luck to Biddy in the final.

Guest TruroLad

I think off the pitch issues need to be taken into account when looking at the bigger picture and the reasons for the result

Care to enlighten us!

i believe several players are unhappy about not going full time, they quit there jobs only to be told they actually arent going full time.

some players need to lose a bit of weight aswell its like watching 11 johnathan pearce's running around out there.

Guest TruroLad

So have any of them actually signed full time contracts,Surely thes would start until may/june.

Why have they left there original jobs already?

your asking the wrong person i'm only airing what i've been told by fairly reliable people.

Guest TruroLad

Are you sure they weren't resting any 1st teamers for the 2nd team match against Penzance Reserves tomorrow night. :P

Now you've sewn up the Western league you will want to sew up the Combo and the mighty Magpies stand in your way :D

nope full squad out tonight, none of the players looked interested, bideford made them look like complete amateurs.

Guest Bunhill

Care to enlighten us!

If only we could, all we heard at the ground was that the full-time contracts suddenly weren't on the table anymore. Hopefully the team & coaching staff will pull through this one and get back on track but they need support from all sides at Treyew.

I'm hearing a similar suggestion on the above.

It would also sort of explain Joe Broad's comment when I interviewed him after Saturday's game. Something along the lines of "there are still a few things to be sorted out".

Having said that, I can't believe anyone would leave a job without making sure the ink was dry on the new job's contract!

Guest TruroLad

most of the players have apparently left so i heard over football club after the game, the contracts were taken away because kevin heaney learnt he cannot build on the ground and therefore isnt interested in the club.

as i said these are rumours over the football club at the moment but are said to be true.

i was against this man from the start and now it looks like my reasons have been justified!!

If the above is true, it seems rather unprofessional for the Truro set up to allow 'off field' matters to have a negative impact on the teams performance in an important cup match where another trophy is at stake, surely the management and players would push these issues to one side for the benefit of Truro City Football Club and its supporters, or did Bideford just play well on the night ?

Guest TruroLad

team lost on purpose so the old man tells me as a way of getting back at the little ginger fairy (words he used) for f**king up there lives, because most of them handed in there notices to their employers because they were going pro but now they have to go and beg for their jobs back.

kevin heaney + cornish homes :SM_carton:

doing it for cornwall my arse more like for greed!!!

Guest TruroLad

Well I for one am chuffed with the result last night. Couldn't get down from Bide in time for the game last night, but after the three earlier games against Truro City already this season, we have deserved to win one!

--

Richard

a game that truro lost on purpose?

fair enough, and good god you have some mouthy supporters who can dish it out but cant take it, bunch of muppets.

If what you say is true, how many supporters such as yourself are going to jump off the bandwagon.

The rest of us are reading this and thinking that you're biting the hand that feeds you. Even if the team are not full-time next season, surely they can put a squad together that can compete in the league.

So instead of going up to matches on a Friday night staying in hotels the players will go up at 6am for a match at say Andover. All the other teams will be doing it as well.

The worm has turned (pretty damm quick by the sound of it)

CTB

...The rest of us are reading this and thinking that you're biting the hand that feeds you...

CTB

Biting the hand that feeds you? Rich coming from 'Combo-Man' CTB who was appealing to City fans for information for his Combo history. You're so anti-Truro one minute, then asking for help the next - hypocrite.

Guest Postie Pidge

CTB was appealing to Truro fans for information that everyone can read. Most clubs have people who keep records and it meant the Truro section was kept up to date. I wouldn't call that hypocritical

Maybe it was just that being a mid-week game and already being promoted..... the excitement had gone for some fans who will no doubt return in the near future.

Personally I hope Truro do well, it reflects well on football in the area and opens the eyes of big clubs to Westcountry talent. This may mean nothing to a lot of people but perhaps the end result would be more oportunities for our young players to get trials at bigger clubs etc.

Seems to me the Truro-haters are the people that have been hammered by them at some point this season, which is understandable. There is plenty of local support for Truro City FC despite this!

As for an earlier remark that they played like ameuters......... isn't that the problem? They still are!

Guest TruroLad

Must point out that Trurolad does not represent 99.9% of the fans he has his own agenda and would remind him of earlier post on another thread that legal action are being taken against individuals when they make such personal and libelous remarks.

legal action for saying what OTHER PEOPLE have been saying over the sports bar? so it isnt me saying that, i think what kevin has done over there has been nothing short of great i am extremely concerned what will happen to the future of the club though, cant blame me for being cautious over recent events!!

If what you say is true, how many supporters such as yourself are going to jump off the bandwagon.

The rest of us are reading this and thinking that you're biting the hand that feeds you. Even if the team are not full-time next season, surely they can put a squad together that can compete in the league.

So instead of going up to matches on a Friday night staying in hotels the players will go up at 6am for a match at say Andover. All the other teams will be doing it as well.

The worm has turned (pretty damm quick by the sound of it)

CTB

i wont be jumping off any band wagon because i never jumped on it, i was watching city when they were finishing 6th in the league before kevin took over as chairman, i aint like the other so called fans who just showed up when the money arrived.

Guest Helston Patriot

Doubt very much that any of the players would of "lost on purpose"... Personal pride and all that,

but bet they still get paid for it!

fair enough, and good god you have some mouthy supporters who can dish it out but cant take it, bunch of muppets.

Yes, unfortunately we have a few who see everything in a red-coloured haze, but they're not normally the ones who travel away. I'm sorry if any of our support offended you - the Robins should have been in great spirit on Tuesday night so I'm not sure what happened there. As far as I know when we lost in the Vase game there was no problem?

--

Richard