Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Chelmsford, Sat 9th March

Anybody optimistic enough to plan on travelling to Taunton for Truro City v Chelmsford on Saturday, don't. It's now been moved to Gloucester on the 3G surface, with a 7.30pm kick off. The hosts have a National League North fixture against Boston at 3pm, wonder if you could hide in the toilets and see the second game for nothing? 😁

40 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

If you go online and look at the video of Taunton pitch no one playing on that for a while.  

Would like to understand what Taunton are actually doing to try and play some football on their pitch (beyond hoping it stops raining of course). What are the penalties for not getting the home games played, and can the NL or FA force them to reverse their remaining fixtures?

It's starting to look like Truro will play out their remaining 11 "home" matches at Gloucester.

I got short shrift for calling out Gareth Davies’ ‘Football is Coning Home’ Hastag on Twitter / X For those actually going to games, or wanting to *this season* , football TCFC style is getting further away and more inconvenient. Sat 7.30 pm for a ‘home’ game is horrendous.

I’ll go to some Sat 3pm home games at Gloucester but enthusiasm waning for sure! It is at least on the way upcountry for the commitments I have up there at present! Looks like Meadow Lane (Notts Co) rather than Meadow Park this Saturday now! 

6 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I got short shrift for calling out Gareth Davies’ ‘Football is Coning Home’ Hastag on Twitter / X For those actually going to games, or wanting to *this season* , football TCFC style is getting further away and more inconvenient. Sat 7.30 pm for a ‘home’ game is horrendous.

I’ll go to some Sat 3pm home games at Gloucester but enthusiasm waning for sure! It is at least on the way upcountry for the commitments I have up there at present! Looks like Meadow Lane (Notts Co) rather than Meadow Park this Saturday now! 

I sense that numbers through the turnstiles comes a distant 3rd in the Truro priorities. Inching to the theoretical 50 point safety mark and just finishing this season come above it on the list.

Hopefully Truro kick off the 2024/25 season at Langarth safely in the National League South. We can all forget that the 2023/24 slog ever happened.

7 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Would like to understand what Taunton are actually doing to try and play some football on their pitch (beyond hoping it stops raining of course). What are the penalties for not getting the home games played, and can the NL or FA force them to reverse their remaining fixtures?

It's starting to look like Truro will play out their remaining 11 "home" matches at Gloucester.

Think Taunton have bigger problems then just the pitch. 

On 05/03/2024 at 16:18, Railwayman in Exile said:

One might not like it but I'm not sure what Truro's options are, Parkway and Taunton are a no and have their own issues, league won't be extended, what are they meant to do.

At least Gloucester is almost a guarantee to go ahead. Roll on next season.

Finally, someone gets it! I was starting to lose hope.

Thank you.