Bude Town   1-3   Penzance

Dobwalls    P-P    Launceston

Holsworthy    P-P    Wadebridge Town

Liskeard Athletic    P-P    Sticker

St Dennis    P-P    Bodmin Town

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP      

AFC St Austell     P-P    Camelford

Axminster Town    0-1   Elburton Villa

Newquay    1-1   Bridport. (Aet) (Bridport win 7-6 on pens)

Okehampton Argyle    4-1  Mullion  

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 10 February 2024

Went up Newquay to watch them play Bridport in the QTR final of the Walter Parsons cup i saw just over half a hour of the match by them Smokie was off towards the way out and i wasnt far behind soaked through to the skin . 

The match wasnt really much good what i saw of it got to give the players and Officials for getting on with the match but should it really of gone ahead i dont think so .Newquay really missed the power of Louis Price who was missing last seen going down the Amazon actually hes gone to Brazil lucky sod .

The Bridport no9 was so tall poor Harry couldnt outjump him he caused lots of problems not a bad player as well .

Good Job Newquay are out of this cup really to much travelling now they can go on and win the Senior cup Not a hope in hell Falmouth will be to strong for them 

Newquay lost the pen shoot out  7-6 i just wander if Adam had been in goal would they of progressed into the semi final i think  they would hes got more of a presence in goal than Brodie who i dont think is big enough for a goalie .

Wont be going footy if weather is again like was today no good to my Arthritis which is a bugger lately need a new knee badly but not while Smokie is still with me hes all i got dont know how i will cope when hes gone .  

Ok not much of  a report this week i wasnt there long enough 

BUDE TOWN 1 PENZANCE 3
Penzance came from behind to record a second consecutive away victory, their cause being aided considerably by hosts Bude Town having a player sent-off in each half of good match at Broadclose.
The visitors made a rip-snorting start with Tyler Tonkin, Darryl Richards and Jacob Trudgeon all going close within the opening exchanges. However, they fell into arrears after twelve minutes. Following a foul on Luke Potter, Harry Hopcroft despatched a confident penalty to Will Trenoweth’s left.
The Magpies gained both parity and a numerical advantage in a pivotal 24th minute incident. Following consultation with his assistant, referee Tom Roper adjudged Bude’s Liam McDonald to have handled the ball during a goalmouth melee. The left-back was dismissed and Trudgeon tucked a precise spot-kick low into Liam Hill’s bottom right-hand corner.
Penzance had the momentum and deservedly capitalised just before the break. A free-kick by Tonkin was tipped on to the cross-bar by Hill, but Silas Sullivan was on hand to snaffle up the rebound.
Six minutes after the turn-around, the visitors gave themselves breathing space. Trudgeon located Ollie Butler on the right. The teenager’s low centre was shanked by Tonkin, but the ball looped wickedly over the unlucky Hill to give the captain his seventh goal of the season putting him level with Oscar Massey at the top of the Penzance scoring chart.
Set up by Richards, Archie Reynolds was denied his first of the season by a fine save from Hill. Any hopes Bude had of getting back into the game were extinguished when Potter copped his second yellow card, for a foul on Tonkin. The nine men were fortunate not to fall further into deficit when, played in by a perceptive Tonkin through-ball, Trudgeon smashed a shot on to the bar.
“It was another important three points today against tough opposition,” said Penzance manager Ashley Waters. “We dominated, and the only disappointment was that we failed to take numerous chances. The boys once again showed character and answered questions with a solid display. We asked for a reaction and they delivered a fantastic win.”

Bude : Liam Hill, Jake Williams, Liam McDonald, Carlo Chandler, Tyler Yendle, Lee Rundle, Kyle Darragh, Alex Moyse, Harry Page, Luke Potter, Harry Hopcroft. Subs: Connor McIntosh, Samuel Down, Lewis Hopgood

Penzance: Will Trenoweth, Archie Reynolds, Alfie Turner, Ollie Butler (Michael Fitchett 59), Liam Andrew, Mark Vercesi, Jacob Trudgeon, Silas Sullivan, Tyler Tonkin, Darryl Richards, Charlie Willis (Rolandos Samnauskas 54). Unused subs: Ryan Andrew, Matt James, Tom Jacobson

Referee: Tom Roper

Harrison and I went along to watch the weekly bloodbath that Bude are kind enough to present to the baying partisan locals 😉

Firstly, I must say, the pitched looked great and held up very well considering the amount of rain we have had. Fair play to the ground staff team at Broadclose. 
Bude are really struggling to get any consistency in their game at the moment and in this match up against Penzance, they were outplayed in large parts of the match. For me, Penzance had a game plan which Bude struggled to close down. Penzance played some good passing football and clearly identified the wings as a route to success. That’s not to say this wasn’t a good contest, as it was. And Bude kept Penzance honest through the 90 minutes with graft and endeavour to ensure their win would be earned. 
Two red cards and countless yellows in a match that was played in good spirit and certainly not dirty. I’m not going to have a pop at the ref as he is a lot closer to the action than me but even Harrison 🐕 was questioning some of the cards. 
Another keenly fought game of football which was certainly worth the admission fee. 

4 hours ago, silly billy said:

"Bude are really struggling to get any consistency in their game at the moment"

But they aren't, they consistently get red cards 😬

And Silly Billy being as predictable as a Truro game being postponed 😉 Always snarky, never positive and this about a game he wasn’t at.

I was a neutral at the game. It was competitive, not dirty, with the cards issued seemingly pretty harsh!

2 minutes ago, Both SIdes of the Tamar said:

And Silly Billy being as predictable as a Truro game being postponed 😉 Always snarky, never positive and this about a game he wasn’t at.

I was a neutral at the game. It was competitive, not dirty, with the cards issued seemingly pretty harsh!

Should take up being a ref then.

At least a team will have more red cards than Liskeard, being positive and that 👍😬

6 hours ago, silly billy said:

"Bude are really struggling to get any consistency in their game at the moment"

But they aren't, they consistently get red cards 😬

I need to watch my words very carefully on here. Such is the fast thinking wit of some. However in your case silly billy, you’re about as slow as a week in the jail, so no concerns when you try and be funny. 
Glad you read my post and managed to work out the point I was making 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

As BSOTT said, try the odd positive post. Smile and the world smiles with you 😉😘

6 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

I need to watch my words very carefully on here. Such is the fast thinking wit of some. However in your case silly billy, you’re about as slow as a week in the jail, so no concerns when you try and be funny. 
Glad you read my post and managed to work out the point I was making 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

As BSOTT said, try the odd positive post. Smile and the world smiles with you 😉😘

Here's a positive post for you. Bude have double the amount of red cards to their nearest rival and are unlikely to be beaten in that category 👍

Ivybridge Town Press Release

Torrington 0, Ivybridge Town 1

A LATE penalty from Jake Lane enabled Ivybridge Town to continue their winning run in the South West Peninsula League with a 1-0 victory at Torrington on Saturday (Feb 10). It was their seventh successive win and fifth consecutive clear sheet.

Ivybridge are now 20 points clear at the top of the East Division after second placed Crediton had Saturday’s fixture rained off. Crediton have three matches in hand, including potentially crucial home and away fixtures against Ivybridge.

The win at Torrington was a hard-fought affair in which Torrington created their share of goalscoring opportunities with Ivybridge goalkeeper Kane Gregory making some important saves while Luke Forward was his side’s man of the match with his lively attacking on the right flank.

It was a foul on Forward, following good work by substitute Owen Raven, that earned Ivybridge their crucial penalty ten minutes from the end, which Lane calmly converted for his 11th goal of the season.

Joint manager Wayne Gamble praised Lane on scoring his fifth penalty of the season, commenting: “That was a pressure penalty to secure the win against a Torrington side who deserve credit for sticking to their game plan.

“We were indebted to Kane Gregory for making some very good saves to ensure we kept another clean sheet while Jordan Powell had another excellent game at the back and narrowly missed out on the man of the match award to Luke Forward.”

There was also a positive mention for Brody Pawley, who came on as substitute in the closing stages with Gamble saying: “He is only 16 years old but showed some great composure in the circumstances.”

The match went ahead after passing a morning pitch inspection, but Gamble questioned if that was the right decision, explaining: The pitch was boggy and heavy with not much football being played. We were certainly not at our best and I would say it was a game to forget.”

However, Ivybridge stuck to their task and collected another three points towards their promotion target.

They now face a tough trip to third placed Bridport on Saturday (Feb 17) before their next home match against Okehampton on February 24.

Saturday’s victory was all the more impressive for Ivybridge as they were without a number of their squad with Dane Hewings, Jack Alexander, Fletcher Williams, Lewis Dickson and Owen Pritchard all unavailable.

Gamble said: “That meant we had five key players missing but we expect to have a full squad available for the match at Bridport.”

From Graham Hambly