Cornwall Football Forum

Combo clubs that pay players?

Guest Helston Patriot

Of course i dont get £40!! Who the hell in thier right mind would want to pay me £40 to play??!!?? I'd be embarassed if someone gave me That! Used to get a tenner but now we dont as it's going towards the dinner and dance do :drink: I'd pay to play, Shouldn't get paid for something you do as a hobby, money ruins football, average players get up thier own back sides because average teams pay stupid sums.... I always end up out of pocket about a £10 due to fines and beer!!!

Did You mean stroz, Porthleven RESERVES dont pay?

I think nearly every club pays something, even if it's some petrol cost's for away games for example..

Guest WINNO

THE CLUB GIVE ME £150 A GAME TO DO AS I SEE FIT. WE PUT THE MONEY IN A KITTY AND SPEND IT WHEN WE HAVE A FEW SESSIONS. AT THE MOMENT ITS ALL GOING TOWARDS THE DINNER AND DANCE ALL PAID FOR!!!!!!!

HP you are absolutley right it is a hobby!!

we at st day don't get a penny, when the 1st team were in fhfl 1 we used to pay £3 in subs but the club decided at a commitee meeting that the first team were no lobger required to pay subs. however the two reserve sides do pay subs, the cost of which i am sad to say i don't know, but it is probably in the region of £2 or £3.

:o

Guest WINNO

AS IVE SAID B4. NOBODY IN THE COMBINATION LEAGUE SHOULD GET PAID AT ALL. BUT IF CERTAIN CLUBS ARE PREPARED TO DO IT THEN ITS DOWN TO THEM. THE ONLY WAY IT WILL BE STOPPED IS FOR THE LEAGUE TO GET A RULING OR SOMETHING OUT AND POLICE IT REGULARLY WITH HEAVY FINES IF CAUGHT.

WE GO ON ABOUT THE COMBO BEING PAID BUT I CAN TELL YOU ALSO FOR A FACT THAT THERE ARE JUNIOR CLUBS THAT PAY..............

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

That would be so hard to police...they can put it down to anthing! How many players do you rekon pay tax on the money they get from the club? it all goes down as travel expenses, or whatever else pops into the treasurer's head when he's writing up the wage slips!

Unless you get a player who is working along side the CFA goes into a club and asks for money, then gets paid and reports back to the league. I dont believe there is a way you can police it.

Guest Ronin

What are the implications for a club that pays players? Are the players then considered employees? If that's the case the clubs would have to pay National Insurance and all that jazz wouldn't they?

yer defo, its fraud if they dont! my brother plays for truro and he gets taxed and has to pay NI. thats why it goes down as bar spillage and fuel expenses!

Guest mariner

Totally disagree with it why cant players just want to play for the club, most of the clubs have two matbe three sides and alot of the time the players who get paid put nothing back into the club after games just collect there dosh and F off, its the players in the lower standard who put the money in the till take a loof at penryn with fine facilities and near perfect playing coditions isnt that enough to attract the top players

a few spelling mistakes there oops

Guest mariner

But why do clubs or "SPONSORS" invest this sort of cash, surely they dont recoup it with winning trophies. And as for junior clubs that should go double for them

I have watched Penzance reserves a few times this year and I dont think the players should have the nerve to take any money.

They are a terrible TEAM and thats not me slating any players in particular as I think that they have got a few talented youngsters. It sends out the wrong signals about the club as I am pretty sure that Penzance are going to finish bottom of the combo.

Getting paid/petrol money to finish bottom of the combo they should be ashamed!

Guest mariner

It goes to show money cant allways buy talent, so well done to st day and other clubs who dont pay any gratuities and finish higher than penzance and other clubs. DISGRACEFUL :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

hold ya horses guys

its not like any1 at the club said if i dont get my money-im not going to play!

ive read a few of these replies and i think some people/teams are not telling the truth on this topic.

i was aware that the majority of clubs in the combo payed players the "petrol allowance".

as for penzance finishing bottom-i dont think so m8!

hope we prove you wrong St. justice and shove that comment up ya ****!

Smithy a lot of people in the combination league play for their local clubs so dont require petrol money!

As for shoving it up my **** no thanks. I didn't say I wanted to see PZ down at the bottom, just that as you have only got two away games left and everyone around you has a few games in hand I think you will be bottom.

It obviously hit a nerve and you do feel guilty for taking money and being down NEAR the bottom of the league!!!

Guest Woodpecker

This is such a funny subject now!It's bad that pz first team pay players because they r rubbish but to pay the rubbish reserve team players as well is just so funny :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: This player smithy is a junior league player, :yahoo::yahoo: just shows the combo league has gone to the dogs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

St days no.1- perhaps you should get your story fully correct first before posting.see your PM

St. justice- yes you hit a nerve, only because im very passionate about the team i play for-not because i feel guilty about recieving money for playing. £5 per game covers my trip from Illogan to Pz and back and thats it! 4 goals in 6 since ive been there. three of which have handed us 6 points lifting us off the bottom!!!

my winner against wendron-3 pts (lifted us off the bottom)

my two goals against Illogan-3 pts.

Woodpecker- as for you saying im a junior league player?? you obviously dont know me very well havnt played junior footy for 2 1/2 years-actually i played 1 game (when newquay didnt have a game) for portreath this season.

hope that has cleared things up!! --by the way just to clear another thing up

the players that get paid £5 at Pz are the ones that drive!!!! if you dont drive you dont get any money!

i think about 6 of us have to drive.

Guest Woodpecker

i do know you smithy,and you r rubbish :yahoo: i will give you petrol money,plus a £5 bonus for cleaning my boots next season every week :yahoo: deal or no deal???you come from illogan to pz every home game,question why don't you play for illogan or a team near them-answer-because you r rubbish!

i do know you smithy,and you r rubbish :yahoo: i will give you petrol money,plus a £5 bonus for cleaning my boots next season every week :yahoo: deal or no deal???you come from illogan to pz every home game,question why don't you play for illogan or a team near them-answer-because you r rubbish!

clean your boots!!! oh dear how old are you??? so are you gunna reveal yourself to me after that rather childish comment, or are you going to stay hiding behind your screen name??.

as for not playing for illogan--well that just shows you dont me, if you knew me you would know exactly what im talking about!

######

Guest Woodpecker

the reason cornish magpies r so rubbish this season,is because of players like you :c: what club r you playing for next season,as pz will not have you with trevor first team manager,as he will want an average combo team,not a junior rubbish team!Mate offer is still on,petrol money plus boot money bonus :thumbsup::thumbsup::c: :c:

dont mean to be rude smithy but i have played for portreath all this season and i dont remember anyone from newquay combo playing for us this season unless it was for our reserves

played one game for your reserves i think-i think it was the reserves anyway.

Guest Woodpecker

so it was for a junior/junior team(portreath res).This just gets more funnier every posting!smithy is a junior junior player!you r great smithy,a credit to cornish magpies :c::c: do you get payed for junior junior football,the offer is still on mate :thumbsup::c: :thumbsup:

Smithy don't say nothing.

These lot on here are like vultures circling a piece of dead meat waiting to take a bite.

Don't tell them your secrets like fuel payments, win bonuses, goal bonuses, etc.

You have been a valuable member of the Pz Combo squad since you joined. :thumbsup:

After watching the combo team for 14 years I know how hard it has been this season for everyone and I suffer as much as the players. I have seen good and bad times and I can tell this lot that you are not the worse team I've seen. Once the team went 18 games without a win. We finished 2nd bottom. Kevin Swain was the manager at the time if people like Woodpecker can remember him or was he at primary school then.

How many people on this forum volunteer for other organisations and claim petrol money. Probably quite a few.

CTB

Guest Woodpecker

so smithy is dead meat,ctb :thumbsup: i was better than the current cornish magpies team at primary school :yahoo: do you like the new appointment????

Guest messi

mullion don't pay anyone, i know if petrol money is offerd then you can take it if you want but we have a player from exeter uni, one from cardiff and one from plymouth who have been at the club since they were 14, we offer them petrol money but they laugh and say ' we don't deserve it' there happy just to help the club get back on track and play cause they love playin football!! i know were not the best footballing team but we battle to get our results because everyone in the team are locals, we've bin lucky in the last few weeks to get our results but it jus shows if u av 11 players who are passionate about the team then u can give any team (via truro!!) a run for there money!! not knocking any team that does pay players cause if u have got the money then fair enough, jus sayin it doesnt matter how good you are and how much ur worth, if u dont care about the club u play for then ur not worth having!

mullion don't pay anyone, i know if petrol money is offerd then you can take it if you want but we have a player from exeter uni, one from cardiff and one from plymouth who have been at the club since they were 14, we offer them petrol money but they laugh and say ' we don't deserve it' there happy just to help the club get back on track and play cause they love playin football!! i know were not the best footballing team but we battle to get our results because everyone in the team are locals, we've bin lucky in the last few weeks to get our results but it jus shows if u av 11 players who are passionate about the team then u can give any team (via truro!!) a run for there money!! not knocking any team that does pay players cause if u have got the money then fair enough, jus sayin it doesnt matter how good you are and how much ur worth, if u dont care about the club u play for then ur not worth having!

so who pays Dan Stidwell the £25 for a game then?? either you didnt know messi,or Stidds is lying(cant see him leaving for not being payed) or you were telling white lies??

just going by what he told me yesterday morning down at culdrose. shame he broke his collar bone, good player-shame he left Pz

Guest Ronin

I don't see why players have to be paid at all :huh: Managers, groundsmen, kits washers, first aiders, linos and all the other people who make the game possible don't get paid so why just the players? Like St Justice says the supporters drive miles to watch a game and pay to get in but you don't hear them complaining. Our game is being spoilt at the highest level by paid prima donnas and we're doing the same thing at our level now. I know Helston Patriot was joking when he said he wouldn't lace his boots for less than £40 a game but how many of our Combo & SWPL players do actually think that way - I know a couple! How long will it be before we start paying parents "petrol money" for youth players? :(

NOTE: This is all my personal opinion before you start shouting at me about Perranporth paying players in the past :D

:angry2: Getting paid to play football?A bloody disgrace,not even the Senior sides in this County should get paid,thats why teams like St.Austell are in the shit regarding their finances and no doubt countless others.How many clubs fold/struggle season by season because of money?Players are enticed to play for the sides that offer them better "wages",and as for Junior clubs that pay,now thats a flippin joke!In all the years ive been playing ive always paid subs,how can it feel when you play in a side that pays one player X amount of pounds and another not as much?Surely cant be good for team morale when you know the guy next to you gets more money than you,does this mean the club value that person more than you?

Guest messi

sorry mate, forgt about dan cause he hasnt played! he is a quality player but he is not payed at all by the club, its done via these old boys who are mullion through and through, so i don't know if that counts as a team that pays or not, but as long as the money isnt coming out of the club then its ok, think money might of swayed dan but im sure if u ask him he'll tell you much he loves the crack and bant at mullion i should know im one of his best mates!! i know payin and stuff seems odd at this level but being honest for a club like ours to have someone of dans quality upfront i cant complain!!

i think its a joke any of you get paid! whether its fuel money, beer money...whatever you want to call it! i know of a player who got given a £500 signing on fee in the combo and he is awful! if any of you were any good you would be playing a decent standard! it takes all the passion and loyalty out of the game! id be ashamed to take anybody's money to play in the combo!

Smithy, i bet if i offered you an extra £5 petrol money to play for a team like St.Just you'd bite my hand off! you have no loyalty to penzance its all about the extra pennies in the pocket!

Guest Woodpecker

mate jfgp, :thumbsup: The reason smithy doesn't come to st.just is because he knows St.just have a half decent team and smithy only plays for rubbish junior teams :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mate jfgp, :thumbsup: The reason smithy doesn't come to st.just is because he knows St.just have a half decent team and smithy only plays for rubbish junior teams :thumbsup::thumbsup:

woody m8, i really think you need to get out more pal!!!

it seems from every post you have made-all you do is slate!

it also seems u dnt have any friends on here either. does that not bother you??

if it doesnt i strongly suggest following chess because your comments are as boring as that sport.and this forum needs to get rid of peepz like you!