Cornwall Football Forum

Dropship Ladies FC

Although I’ve seen no official announcement by either the club or the league, Dropship have now been removed from the CWFL Division Two table and fixture list, and their results have been ‘expunged’. My heart goes out to their players and coaches - here’s hoping you all find new clubs quickly 🤞

40 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

Although I’ve seen no official announcement by either the club or the league, Dropship have now been removed from the CWFL Division Two table and fixture list, and their results have been ‘expunged’. My heart goes out to their players and coaches - here’s hoping you all find new clubs quickly 🤞

I know Dave doesn't post on the forum that much these days, but here's what he written on the club's facebook page.....

**Dropship Ladies Football Club Announcement**
It is with a heavy heart that we must share some difficult news with you all. After careful consideration and discussions with the league, we have made the incredibly tough decision to fold the Dropship Ladies Football team.
We were recently contacted by the league, expressing their concerns regarding our participation in the competition. It has become evident that we have faced significant challenges, including forfeiting games and at times, taking the field with only seven or eight players. We acknowledge that this has placed a strain on the integrity of the competition, and we respect the league's decision to begin proceedings to remove us from the competition.
In the face of adversity, we want to extend our deepest gratitude to the players who demonstrated unwavering loyalty to Dropship Ladies. Your dedication and commitment have been nothing short of extraordinary. Through thick and thin, you stood by us, and for that, we are eternally grateful.
We would like to extend a special thanks to our manager, Ronan O'Neill, whose leadership and guidance have been invaluable. Additionally, we want to recognize the tremendous efforts of Luke Thomas, Rachel Tripconey, Maisie Pinnington, and Shikoni Rundle, who went above and beyond in their contributions. To all who answered the call, your passion and determination did not go unnoticed.
To those committed players who chose to remain with us, even when other opportunities may have beckoned, we extend our deepest apologies. Your trust and loyalty are something we hold in the highest regard, and we are truly sorry if we were unable to meet your expectations.
Looking forward, we are not saying goodbye, but rather embarking on a new chapter. We will continue to play friendlies, using this time to rebuild and grow stronger. Our sights are set on the 24/25 season, where we hope to return with renewed vigor and a team that reflects the spirit and dedication that defines Dropship Ladies.
Thank you all for being part of this journey. Your support and love for the club have been the driving force behind our endeavors. Together, we will rise again.
With heartfelt gratitude,
David Bartlam,
Chairman, Dropship Football Club

This was circulated to CWFL clubs over last weekend.

A great shame for the loyal ladies, many of whom will now miss out on competitive football this season. Takes a lot of bottle to rock up to matches with 7/8 players, so fair play to each and every person that tried to keep the team going.

As Dropship know, we will welcome them to Redruth United for some friendlies against our development side, which can be 7v7 or above.

Hopefully, they'll find their feet again.

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:
I know Dave doesn't post on the forum that much these days, but here's what he written on the club's facebook page.....

**Dropship Ladies Football Club Announcement**
It is with a heavy heart that we must share some difficult news with you all. After careful consideration and discussions with the league, we have made the incredibly tough decision to fold the Dropship Ladies Football team.
We were recently contacted by the league, expressing their concerns regarding our participation in the competition. It has become evident that we have faced significant challenges, including forfeiting games and at times, taking the field with only seven or eight players. We acknowledge that this has placed a strain on the integrity of the competition, and we respect the league's decision to begin proceedings to remove us from the competition.
In the face of adversity, we want to extend our deepest gratitude to the players who demonstrated unwavering loyalty to Dropship Ladies. Your dedication and commitment have been nothing short of extraordinary. Through thick and thin, you stood by us, and for that, we are eternally grateful.
We would like to extend a special thanks to our manager, Ronan O'Neill, whose leadership and guidance have been invaluable. Additionally, we want to recognize the tremendous efforts of Luke Thomas, Rachel Tripconey, Maisie Pinnington, and Shikoni Rundle, who went above and beyond in their contributions. To all who answered the call, your passion and determination did not go unnoticed.
To those committed players who chose to remain with us, even when other opportunities may have beckoned, we extend our deepest apologies. Your trust and loyalty are something we hold in the highest regard, and we are truly sorry if we were unable to meet your expectations.
Looking forward, we are not saying goodbye, but rather embarking on a new chapter. We will continue to play friendlies, using this time to rebuild and grow stronger. Our sights are set on the 24/25 season, where we hope to return with renewed vigor and a team that reflects the spirit and dedication that defines Dropship Ladies.
Thank you all for being part of this journey. Your support and love for the club have been the driving force behind our endeavors. Together, we will rise again.
With heartfelt gratitude,
David Bartlam,
Chairman, Dropship Football Club

Thx Dave - I’m not on Facebook so I’d missed that.

Obviously no one wants to shout bad news out from the rooftop, but nevertheless a suitably worded sympathetic announcement from the CWFL might have been more appropriate than just erasing Dropship from the record books without an explanation. 

Morning all,

Thank you for the sympathies posted above and on our social media account.  Unfortunately, we have been a victim of what so many teams have fallen victim of before.  More than half of our squad from last season have left the club and signed for new club, Lanner.  We also lost two to Wendron and a few others through either retirement or injury.  As we were losing players, some others lost the commitment to stay and battle.  That meant that our most committed and loyal women were having to play as a 7/8 against teams like Mousehole (battered by over 20 goals).  These 8 individuals were willing to play as an 8 every week but it's just not sustainable, not just for the team, but also the competition.  We tried so hard to recruit the players but the truth is, there are now too many teams in a short distance of us and nowhere near enough women to play.  Then last week we received word from the Women's League that they were going to remove us from the competition unless things improved.  But we just couldn't get it to work.  Very frustrating not just for the committed ladies and management/coaching team, but also for us financially.  We'd paid for a venue for the season, for a brand new kit, for insurance/affiliation/cup fees etc and for equipment etc so we are about £3-4k down which will hit us hard.  It was a very tough decision for the Club.

Going forward, it's my intention to speak with Cornwall FA to try and bring my Flexi League (which has been so successful in Penzance since 2017) into the modern era and try to provide the same format, but for women.  It's been a fantastic player vacuum for our men's teams, recruiting brand new players that have transitioned into Saturday football, I see no reason that it couldn't work for Women aswell.

Good luck with it Dave. Must admit only watched about half a dozen ladies games in the county before this season but the commitment, enthusiasm, team spirit and ability shown by the girls since I’ve been watching the daughter play for Redruth Utd has been amazing to see! It’s the best part of the week watching the girls play now I must admit! Such refreshing attitudes towards the game, opponents and referees, it’s great stuff!! Got to say she only started playing a few months ago but she absolutely loves it (always very sporty with athletics and netball etc) but with me and her brothers carting her around Cornwall every weekend since she was about 4 years old i thought she would always hate football!! 😂👍️ brilliant to see her enthusiasm, always asking questions etc, and love for the game she has now, with superb coaches and top blokes like Dan and Aaron at Redruth you can just see the girls improving almost every week! I’ve seen some brilliant players around as well, the 7 and 11 for their opponents FXSU last weekend were quality footballers! For anyone that’s not watched a ladies game go and do it!! It’ll make you feel so much better about football honestly!! No diving, arguing, time wasting, etc etc just good honest football!! Roll on next Sunday!! And good luck with it Dave, I’m sure it’ll be a success mate 👍