Cornwall Football Forum

Salisbury 2 Parkway 1

Another defeat on the road against high flying Salisbury but from reports parkway put in a brilliant display just going down a late winner. 
another red card tho early in game isn’t making life easy at all . Must be something they need to get to grips  with 

No Matt wright in the squad last night not sure why. And Wilson on the bench again even tho he seemed to be mom the last few games he played. Callum rose completely frozen out can’t seem to get in. I guess it healthy competition and squad rotation but will take some to keep them all happy. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Another defeat on the road against high flying Salisbury but from reports parkway put in a brilliant display just going down a late winner. 
another red card tho early in game isn’t making life easy at all . Must be something they need to get to grips  with 

No Matt wright in the squad last night not sure why. And Wilson on the bench again even tho he seemed to be mom the last few games he played. Callum rose completely frozen out can’t seem to get in. I guess it healthy competition and squad rotation but will take some to keep them all happy. 

Mate of mine follows Salisbury and was there last night, said that they certainly knew that they were in a game.  Even playing with 10 men for a large chunk of the match, Parkway pushed hard and had good chances to win it. According to what he told me, Parkway didn't look like a side at the wrong end of the table. From his description, Salisbury's late winner was a bit of magic.

Very fine margins indeed against a high flying side, who look transformed under a new manager, but Parkway remain in the bottom 4 with almost a 3rd of the season played. No game this weekend, but the upcoming home games in which they play struggling Didcot and newly promoted Totton in the space of 4 days look pivotal. The strong home form from the early and middle part of last season needs to be rediscovered. A slightly worrying stat (and i hope i've got this wrong) is that Parkway have only won 4 of their last 20 league games, which is relegation form. Parkway aren't on the wrong end of heavy defeats anymore, but the draws and narrow losses keep coming.

Interesting comments and opinions from posters seemingly reliant on 2nd and 3rd hand reports and information from various social media platforms and probably not attending too many games. As one who attends most games home and away I prefer to keep my powder dry. I was there again last night dodging the heavy rain and rest assured if you were there as a neutral you'd be hard pushed to say who was 2nd and who 19th. Young Oscar Halls appeared to be a victim of the new handball law and a bit of pressure on the referee for his 2nd yellow:SM_carton_y::SM_carton: and the late winner was indeed down to a piece of magic from the best attacking player on the pitch Josh Hedges. It was he who won the penalty and also crashed a piledriver against the bar in the 2nd half. The Salisbury manager's immediate post match interview posted on their twitter feed is worth a listen. Complimentary of Parkway saying they "were robbed and deserved to win", his words and not mine but still came out with the same old guff about his side not being at their best, worst performance of the season bla, bla, bla. That's usually because the opposition don't let you be at your best and the added disappointment of having not been given an easy ride from a side they were expected to demolish. I also note they only scraped 2-1 past lowly Didcot last Saturday with one of their goals a pen taken by the same guy who missed one last night. Maybe the gulf between top and bottom is not that great after all.🤷‍♂️ Heh, hoh it's only a soccer forum and a Cornish one at that and here we are picking the bones out of the carcass of a Devon team! 😂🤣 I'm not in the inner sanctum at Parkway, have no input into any decision making and am not one to interfere or speculate. I'll leave speculation to others far more knowledgable than me. Happy posting, I'm off to drive  my🚜 trakkerr     

3 hours ago, Tractor Boy said:

Interesting comments and opinions from posters seemingly reliant on 2nd and 3rd hand reports and information from various social media platforms and probably not attending too many games. As one who attends most games home and away I prefer to keep my powder dry. I was there again last night dodging the heavy rain and rest assured if you were there as a neutral you'd be hard pushed to say who was 2nd and who 19th. Young Oscar Halls appeared to be a victim of the new handball law and a bit of pressure on the referee for his 2nd yellow:SM_carton_y::SM_carton: and the late winner was indeed down to a piece of magic from the best attacking player on the pitch Josh Hedges. It was he who won the penalty and also crashed a piledriver against the bar in the 2nd half. The Salisbury manager's immediate post match interview posted on their twitter feed is worth a listen. Complimentary of Parkway saying they "were robbed and deserved to win", his words and not mine but still came out with the same old guff about his side not being at their best, worst performance of the season bla, bla, bla. That's usually because the opposition don't let you be at your best and the added disappointment of having not been given an easy ride from a side they were expected to demolish. I also note they only scraped 2-1 past lowly Didcot last Saturday with one of their goals a pen taken by the same guy who missed one last night. Maybe the gulf between top and bottom is not that great after all.🤷‍♂️ Heh, hoh it's only a soccer forum and a Cornish one at that and here we are picking the bones out of the carcass of a Devon team! 😂🤣 I'm not in the inner sanctum at Parkway, have no input into any decision making and am not one to interfere or speculate. I'll leave speculation to others far more knowledgable than me. Happy posting, I'm off to drive  my🚜 trakkerr     

New handball law? That's one on me. The current iteration of what is a handball offence is into its 3rd season now! 

5 hours ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

New handball law?

Probably thought it was new because no one really understands the handball law anymore! :)

8 hours ago, Tractor Boy said:

it's only a soccer forum and a Cornish one at that and here we are picking the bones out of the carcass of a Devon team!

The more the merrier TB!