Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday 9th sept results

Mevagissey 1- st Dennis dev 1

A fairly even game where either side could of won both teams hitting either the post or cross bar,don't think either side can complain it was a draw tbh,had a bit of scare myself when one of me as players laced the ball into my nuts and took the wind right out of me and if I'm being honest it still hurts now some 6 hours  and several pints after lol.

Our goal taken by Joe orchard in the first half after some clever footwork by Ryan beckly down the left hand side which he'll happily claim the assist sent us into half time 1 up apologies to the meva scorer as I was in the changing rooms trying to re adjust my nut sack and missed his goal which by all accounts was very very good after that both teams pressed for a winner with meva having the lion's share of chances but the poor guy who was having these chances found out he wasn't going  to be scoring as we continually blocked his strikes which resulted in him having to wear a fleece shark suit 😭 in the pub after the game.

Hopefully the lad from meva recovers from his injury as does our player,chip,who's arm decided it was dislocate as he went for the ball, never nice to see but he's a tough cookie on the quiet.

well reffed by Mr Nichols and the rotated linesmen were very fair too.

Food at the ship inn was fantastic but drive Ur car to the carpark in town as it's a long old stomp from the pitch.

I'll add to this my girlfriend mentioned she thought the home support was very good as was ours and the atmosphere around the pitch was positive,it's her first season watching myself and team play properly in the 14 years we've been together,she has some delightful away games yet so we'll see how many she actually attends lol. All the best to mevagissey for the remainder of the season till we play at st Dennis obviously.then I hope u guys have a stinker 😘

11 hours ago, Woy_Hodgson said:

@davegrose - After your comments last week, I assume that Mr Nichols must be a qualified ref else you wouldn’t have played?

And before you ask, yes I will be checking every week. 

Yes he is a qualified ref and if Ur going to be checking every week u may as well come join our team and have some fun along the way,we ain't a bad bunch of lads.