RESULTS - Saturday 5th August 2023

5 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

DIV TWO EAST
Saltash United Thirds 2-2 St Dennis Development

Att-???

DIV FOUR EAST
North Hill 3-2 Indian Queens

Att-???

Not enough people there witness me scoring 2 goals this very windy afternoon Cornish teddy boy, probably about 30 people in the stand at saltash and a few others in the clubhouse,not bad considering we're not the highest of leagues but a good turn out supporting grass roots football.

Saltash took the lead in the first half when matey smashed a free kick in from about 25 yards out,our keeper got a hand to it but to no avail it was a very hard strike and possibly helped by the wind but a great hit none the less up and over the wall,rest of the first half was mostly us pinned in with saltash players hitting from distance and not getting any reward.

2nd half we had the wind and tried our luck from distance,nearly caught saltashs keeper who had little to do first half out but he tipped it over the bar,we kept pressing in spells and probably got a most fortunate goal as we had a throw in to the box flicked on it dropped between me their keeper and a defender the keeper went to clear it but hit my ass cheek and wrong footed him self to leave me with a very fortunate tap in from 10 yards out, couldn't believe my luck tbh,saltash played the better football against the wind and probably had 90% possession when again from a throw in Jordan pope squared the ball across the pitch to where I was stood so I hit it from outside the box where again the keeper got a hand to it but the wind once again played a part in taking over the line,it wasn't a soft shot either n the keeper done very well to get a hand to it I'll add which put us 2-1 to the good, saltash kept pressing after this and got their rewards when a long ball over the top held up in the wind and their number 7 I think controlled the ball and delivered a lovely little chip over our keeper which being honest was probably deserved with how they were playing,both teams had chances either end with both keepers playing very well and keeping the score at 2 each.

The pitch at saltash was immaculate credit to the ground staff there and a massive thank you for allowing us to play on it.

Very well reffed today, unfortunately I didn't get his name but he let the game flow and done his job extremely well.

Decent food/beer in the clubhouse after as usual up there.

Super happy/proud with how we performed got a few new players in and they all done their part so well done to my lads.

Last bit which I'll milk for as long as I can,top scorer in the league at 44 yrs old 👀👀

14 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Not enough people there witness me scoring 2 goals this very windy afternoon Cornish teddy boy, probably about 30 people in the stand at saltash and a few others in the clubhouse,not bad considering we're not the highest of leagues but a good turn out supporting grass roots football.

Saltash took the lead in the first half when matey smashed a free kick in from about 25 yards out,our keeper got a hand to it but to no avail it was a very hard strike and possibly helped by the wind but a great hit none the less up and over the wall,rest of the first half was mostly us pinned in with saltash players hitting from distance and not getting any reward.

2nd half we had the wind and tried our luck from distance,nearly caught saltashs keeper who had little to do first half out but he tipped it over the bar,we kept pressing in spells and probably got a most fortunate goal as we had a throw in to the box flicked on it dropped between me their keeper and a defender the keeper went to clear it but hit my ass cheek and wrong footed him self to leave me with a very fortunate tap in from 10 yards out, couldn't believe my luck tbh,saltash played the better football against the wind and probably had 90% possession when again from a throw in Jordan pope squared the ball across the pitch to where I was stood so I hit it from outside the box where again the keeper got a hand to it but the wind once again played a part in taking over the line,it wasn't a soft shot either n the keeper done very well to get a hand to it I'll add which put us 2-1 to the good, saltash kept pressing after this and got their rewards when a long ball over the top held up in the wind and their number 7 I think controlled the ball and delivered a lovely little chip over our keeper which being honest was probably deserved with how they were playing,both teams had chances either end with both keepers playing very well and keeping the score at 2 each.

The pitch at saltash was immaculate credit to the ground staff there and a massive thank you for allowing us to play on it.

Very well reffed today, unfortunately I didn't get his name but he let the game flow and done his job extremely well.

Decent food/beer in the clubhouse after as usual up there.

Super happy/proud with how we performed got a few new players in and they all done their part so well done to my lads.

Last bit which I'll milk for as long as I can,top scorer in the league at 44 yrs old 👀👀

Martin sanders was the ref and a decent ref too made the game a pleasure 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5th August 2023