Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge 1- Tavistock 3

Webt to Wadebridge last night to watch the latest of the pre season friendlies to go and watch ,Turned up at the match and the referee had not turned up was confusing about the time of ko and day because in some places it had been adverised as a 7 45 Kick off on friday .

Was surprised to see Rob Rosevear in goal for Wadebridge because he was carryying a injury and you could tell because he let in 2 quite soft goals on another day he would surely of saved .This was a very depleted Wadebridge side last night and i thought they where quite poor they had so many players missing but take nothing away from Tavi they are a fine footballing side with there captain Ed Harrison haveing a great game but the star of the night for me was young George Newton a recent signing from Truro Reserves he was brilliant and the Wadebridge defence just couldnt cope with him this lad will go far .

Tavistock forward Liam Prynn scored and had  a real good game ,Wadebridge had no strikers with Lloyd ,Rowe and Flew all missing and some of the players where poor but not Sam Gerken and Tom Shepherd who both played well and young Tom Jeal who came on to replace Rob in the Wadebridge goal made a couple of fine saves but they need to get Rob back for the season starts he should be rested now for the rest of the friendlies 

Wadebridge did get a consolation goal but by then they where well down and Tavi where in complete control .

I was having a good chat with the linesman on my side he said hes off to Minnosota next week to officiate in a big Soccer tournament over there lucky sod .

My Mom for Wadebridge yet again im going for Tom Shepherd come back to Newquay please Tom and for Tavistock could only be 1 player and thats George Newton 

Onto the next lot of pre season friendlies at Newquay and Monday the biggy at Bodmin vs Huddersfield and Tues at Godolphins ground St Day vs Truro Res and u18 so get off your asses and go and watch some local footy.

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I was having a good chat with the linesman on my side he said hes off to Minnosota next week to officiate in a big Soccer tournament over there lucky sod 

I'd hazard a guess this was Jon Harris. It's the Schwan's Cup in Minnesota. I was there with him in 2018. The biggest youth football tournament in the western hemisphere with over 1500 players the year I went. Think I reffed approx 35 games and had a hangover every day. An exhausting brilliant trip! 

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Webt to Wadebridge last night to watch the latest of the pre season friendlies to go and watch ,Turned up at the match and the referee had not turned up was confusing about the time of ko and day because in some places it had been adverised as a 7 45 Kick off on friday .

Perhaps when the club don’t inform the officials and that official stepping in late notice it doesn’t help!

12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Was surprised to see Rob Rosevear in goal for Wadebridge because he was carryying a injury and you could tell because he let in 2 quite soft goals on another day he would surely of saved .This was a very depleted Wadebridge side last night and i thought they where quite poor they had so many players missing but take nothing away from Tavi they are a fine footballing side with there captain Ed Harrison haveing a great game but the star of the night for me was young George Newton a recent signing from Truro Reserves he was brilliant and the Wadebridge defence just couldnt cope with him this lad will go far .

Tavistock forward Liam Prynn scored and had  a real good game ,Wadebridge had no strikers with Lloyd ,Rowe and Flew all missing and some of the players where poor but not Sam Gerken and Tom Shepherd who both played well and young Tom Jeal who came on to replace Rob in the Wadebridge goal made a couple of fine saves but they need to get Rob back for the season starts he should be rested now for the rest of the friendlies 

Wadebridge did get a consolation goal but by then they where well down and Tavi where in complete control .

I was having a good chat with the linesman on my side he said hes off to Minnosota next week to officiate in a big Soccer tournament over there lucky sod .

My Mom for Wadebridge yet again im going for Tom Shepherd come back to Newquay please Tom and for Tavistock could only be 1 player and thats George Newton 

Onto the next lot of pre season friendlies at Newquay and Monday the biggy at Bodmin vs Huddersfield and Tues at Godolphins ground St Day vs Truro Res and u18 so get off your asses and go and watch some local footy.

matt lloyd has rumoured to have gone to st blazey. another one out the door at wadebridge, could be struggling come the season starter at this rate.