Cornwall Football Forum

Lewis explains his Saltash departure and news on his replacement

46 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Explains basically what every knew already

Danny wanted to kick on and take the club to the next level of the southern league.  they have basically said they don’t want to spend the money and would rather drop back a division a pay out nothing 

Good luck to who ever wants to take that managerial job on . 

Basically saying the opposite of what the club wanted us to believe (which we already knew) 

31 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Basically saying the opposite of what the club wanted us to believe (which we already knew) 

💯 right. The pretences of ‘ambition’ shown to be exactly that - pretences. Imagine playing or signing and maybe watching  a club like that!

Being one of the largest Cornish towns and having Plymouth  as a catchment area for players  they are in a better position than many.

Of course, it IS a difficult balance between protecting the long term future of a club and retaining ambition and club enhancement. I accept that ensuring a club survives is the first duty of any club committee. That said, I’m not that confident in the direction of the club. Time will tell who made the correct calls in the interests of SUFC.

For my part, I’ll not be going to the Waterways much next season. I’ve enjoyed watching this and recent cohort of players, but everything else about the club leaves me cold - ground, clubhouse, ‘welcome’ et al.

28 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

💯 right. The pretences of ‘ambition’ shown to be exactly that - pretences. Imagine playing or signing and maybe watching  a club like that!

Being one of the largest Cornish towns and having Plymouth  as a catchment area for players  they are in a better position than many.

Of course, it IS a difficult balance between protecting the long term future of a club and retaining ambition and club enhancement. I accept that ensuring a club survives is the first duty of any club committee. That said, I’m not that confident in the direction of the club. Time will tell who made the correct calls in the interests of SUFC.

For my part, I’ll not be going to the Waterways much next season. I’ve enjoyed watching this and recent cohort of players, but everything else about the club leaves me cold - ground, clubhouse, ‘welcome’ et al.

It’s a peaceful dejected feeling but with respect for protecting the club, unless it turns out everyone stays/ in the long term in a new era. The rumoured replacement is exciting but can’t really think 100% right now with respect for Danny.

Ive seen changes in sport and off course they will always happen. I was sad Dane went last year. It’s nature of being a fan I guess.

14 minutes ago, hills19 said:

It’s a peaceful dejected feeling but with respect for protecting the club, unless it turns out everyone stays/ in the long term in a new era. The rumoured replacement is exciting but can’t really think 100% right now with respect for Danny.

Ive seen changes in sport and off course they will always happen. I was sad Dane went last year. It’s nature of being a fan I guess.

Haven’t Dane , krac and Lewis all gone for same  reasons ?? . Would say that tell you something about the way the club is run 

• 2 weeks later...