Cornwall Football Forum

HORLEY ELITE F.C TOUR TO NEWQUAY

Guest horleyelitefc

Guest horleyelitefc

hey there,

My team Horley Elite F.C are coming to newquay for a tour in May, We are looking to be in contact with any team who maybe able to assist us in getting a saturday and sunday game organised but am not sure of which dates yet any weekend in may.

If any1 thinks they could help email me at: mattofhbcsurrey2@aol.com, hope to hear soon

matty

Guest horleyelitefc

Around redruth united reserves mate have been in contact with them and am awaiting an answer for a date mate, also obviously need one saturday team and one sunday team so if a team confirms dates then obviously we will accept that.

Guest horleyelitefc

hi lads,

just an update on the horley elite f.c tour i now have a sunday team just need a saturday team for the 31st of may,the sunday team will be camborne park f.c, i would like to thank david for his help in getting that game for 1st june and encourage a saturday team to approach me for the 31st of may.

cheers lads

matt

hi lads,

just an update on the horley elite f.c tour i now have a sunday team just need a saturday team for the 31st of may,the sunday team will be camborne park f.c, i would like to thank david for his help in getting that game for 1st june and encourage a saturday team to approach me for the 31st of may.

cheers lads

matt

Just to be on the safe side I would advise Camborne Park to run their fixture past the CCFA as 1st June is officially the close season & we all know how petty the CCFA can be, also there is the matter of whether the club insurance would be valid. Don't want to see a welcoming club get into bother!

When playing a friendly, you need to inform the CCFA of who you are playing, where & when so that the game is covered for insurance purposes.

When playing a friendly against a team from outside of Cornwall, you need permission from CCFA to play the game. Contact them well in advance giving full details of the team you are playing along with their parent County so that CCFA can check they are affiliated, & it also covers the game for insurance purposes. You will not be permitted to play against a side that is not affiliated. You will also need their permission to play a friendly in June - I would be surprised if permission was granted for a friendly to take place in June!

What is the ruling exactly? Is it valid considering the opposition are a team outside of the CCFA's duristriction? :c: If so, it seems very unfair and a little petty. Teams should be allowed to play friendlies whenever they wish.

I would imagine that with it being a touring team then it is more important to make sure the insurance etc is covered. If anything bad happens it will reflect badly on local football and may prevent other organised tours from taking place in future.