Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - SATURDAY, 28TH JANUARY, 2023


Recommended Posts

East Division

Altarnun    1-1    Millbrook

Gunnislake    6-2    Callington Town

Saltash United    5-1    AFC St. Austell

St. Mawgan    5-1    Polperro

West Division

Hayle    0-2    Illogan RBL

Mousehole Development    1-1    Perranwell

Penryn Athletic    2-2    Wendron United

Redruth United    4-2    St. Agnes

St. Day    4-0    Falmouth Town

Truro City    7-0    Porthleven

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hayle  0-2 illogan   approx 30 watching,  deserved win for Illogan they know how to play to their strengths , broke play up , stop start game , some meaty challenges,  if dealt with early in the first half , might have helped the game flow more , Hayle played some tidy football but didn't threaten the keeper , who had a really quiet game ( football wise ) , well done to Simon to get the pitch looking fantastic  , Off day for Hayle but that was more down to Illogans game plan which worked well . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Day 4, Falmouth Town 0

Good game for the neutral. Looked evenly poised until the 39th minute when Saints scored, a corner beyond the far post headed back in for a close-range header which even the Lino couldn't rule offside.

2nd half and Saints went 2 up, a Falmouth defender caught in possession trying to play that awful "play from the back" tactic (Nice to see hardly any of that in what I saw of the Accrington - Leeds game). That was in the 54th minute. A cross from the right led to number 3 in the 70th and a nailed-on pen led to the 4th on 72 which rather killed off any fight by Falmouth. Two further "goals"chalked off for "offside" and on 90 + 3, what looked like a neat scything of a Saint's forward's legs in the penalty are resulted in a yellow for the said Saint, presumably for diving. Good job the result was by then decided.

My first visit to St Day for two or three years, mainly due to lack of parking and nowhere to sit and watch. Found myself at a club unrecognisable from its Mining League days, memories of changing in my car on the roadside and no showers!! How the club has come on! Much evidence of improvements on the pitch and off it. Evidence, too, that the powers-that-be in the air-conditioned, centrally-heated offices of HQ are completely out of touch with grass-roots football. They may be vaguely aware of clubs at Truro's level due to the occasional intervention of such clubs in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds of the FA Cup, but go down to REAL grass-roots and they have no idea! If a club lacks bodies off the pitch then it has little chance of gaining the funds needed to just keep up with edicts handed down by the FA.

Rant over.

Good afternoon's entertainment: tea/coffee £1, cake available and bar open with spectacular new view of the main pitch. Always strikes me as a friendly, hospitable club with a lot going on. New off-road parking available, you can pay by card if you've a mind to - I'll go there again after a much shorter interval than the last one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 28TH JANUARY, 2023

Somebody coming off the sideline and slapping a player a couple of times as he stated is handbags? Ref dealt with that appallingly. Tackles flying in from the start for Redruth, skipper had a solid game, from the neutral perspective Aggie tried to play football but the physicality of Redruth was too much for them. The handbags you describe didn’t warrant a spectator/player/ what ever he was entering the field of play to assault a player. Ruined a decent encounter. But do agree Redruth probably deserved the win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, r_and_l said:

Somebody coming off the sideline and slapping a player a couple of times as he stated is handbags? Ref dealt with that appallingly. Tackles flying in from the start for Redruth, skipper had a solid game, from the neutral perspective Aggie tried to play football but the physicality of Redruth was too much for them. The handbags you describe didn’t warrant a spectator/player/ what ever he was entering the field of play to assault a player. Ruined a decent encounter. But do agree Redruth probably deserved the win. 

Gotta agree with you on that one.. not sure who the "roadman love island reject" was but to run from a dugout and strike someone like that was disgusting. Not everyone saw it unfortunately. Definitely not the referee.  I do feel for the officials and I know they are crying out for them but the two in the last two weeks in this league have been awful. Today's one didn't go more than 3 yards past the centre circle today unless it was to talk to someone for questioning a decision. Both teams would have benefited from an official getting a grip on the game early on but it seems they love to cut do n on swearing a lot these days but it's okay to pop a poorly timed tackle in or raise a hand.... All in all redruth did deserve the three points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

Gotta agree with you on that one.. not sure who the "roadman love island reject" was but to run from a dugout and strike someone like that was disgusting. Not everyone saw it unfortunately. Definitely not the referee.  I do feel for the officials and I know they are crying out for them but the two in the last two weeks in this league have been awful. Today's one didn't go more than 3 yards past the centre circle today unless it was to talk to someone for questioning a decision. Both teams would have benefited from an official getting a grip on the game early on but it seems they love to cut do n on swearing a lot these days but it's okay to pop a poorly timed tackle in or raise a hand.... All in all redruth did deserve the three points.

Let me get this straight you're blaming a ref for missing a player get hit which was probably done unexpectedly and away from his eyeline at that time? Just so I can be sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Let me get this straight you're blaming a ref for missing a player get hit which was probably done unexpectedly and away from his eyeline at that time? Just so I can be sure

Don’t see how it would be away from his eyeline seeing as someone from off the field of play entered to strike a 16 year old who was involved in a melee with multiple players from both sides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, r_and_l said:

Don’t see how it would be away from his eyeline seeing as someone from off the field of play entered to strike a 16 year old who was involved in a melee with multiple players from both sides. 

So there was a melee and you're expecting a ref on his own to see every single incident during that melee including one from a spectator which is rare? Maybe players could act like bloody adults instead of having a push and shoving match? If it's a mellee then theres a bunch of stuff going on the ref will look at what's happening but won't see everything. Refs fault for a spectator coming on the field and striking someone though. Silly ref

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

So there was a melee and you're expecting a ref on his own to see every single incident during that melee including one from a spectator which is rare? Maybe players could act like bloody adults instead of having a push and shoving match? If it's a mellee then theres a bunch of stuff going on the ref will look at what's happening but won't see everything. Refs fault for a spectator coming on the field and striking someone though. Silly ref

Is it not the refs responsibility to protect the 22 players on the pitch? The simple fact is the aggressor stood there after the melee proudly stating “he only slapped him a couple of times” no excuse for him missing it and failing to deal with the non playing assailant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Let me get this straight you're blaming a ref for missing a player get hit which was probably done unexpectedly and away from his eyeline at that time? Just so I can be sure

I was a being rather tongue in cheek when I said he missed it.  You couldn't tell from typing on here. As for melee, yes there were several people but when a lad in a brown gilet not even wearing anything football related runs onto the pitch he surely stood out from the crowd. Chucking some cheap shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not being funny your 16 old player got up in a strop and started on one of our players, our spectator ran on to help our player, no punches thrown, so get your facts right. 

2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

I was a being rather tongue in cheek when I said he missed it.  You couldn't tell from typing on here. As for melee, yes there were several people but when a lad in a brown gilet not even wearing anything football related runs onto the pitch he surely stood out from the crowd. Chucking some cheap shots.

No cheap shots chucked bud, he simply split things up from the who decided to start things 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Up the reds said:

Not being funny your 16 old player got up in a strop and started on one of our players, our spectator ran on to help our player, no punches thrown, so get your facts right. 

No cheap shots chucked bud, he simply split things up from the penis who decided to start things 

He proudly stated he only slapped him a few times, let’s be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Up the reds said:

Not being funny your 16 old player got up in a strop and started on one of our players, our spectator ran on to help our player, no punches thrown, so get your facts right. 

That was the player who got up to defend himself after the number 10 had booted the ball at his head whilst on the ground long after the whistle had gone for the free kick. As for punches thrown I can confirm that they were and there were plenty of witnesses who will confirm it.  I believe that r and I was a neutral at the ground so he has no affiliation to any teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

That was the player who got up to defend himself after the number 10 had booted the ball at his head whilst on the ground long after the whistle had gone for the free kick. As for punches thrown I can confirm that they were and there were plenty of witnesses who will confirm it.  I believe that r and I was a neutral at the ground so he has no affiliation to any teams.

I was there as a neutral. There can be no argument the non playing man that entered the field and struck the 16 year old was above all cowardly but should have easily been noticed by the ref. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, r_and_l said:

I was there as a neutral. There can be no argument the non playing man that entered the field and struck the 16 year old was above all cowardly but should have easily been noticed by the ref. 

Wasn’t his head you muppet was his back😂😂 

3 minutes ago, r_and_l said:

I was there as a neutral. There can be no argument the non playing man that entered the field and struck the 16 year old was above all cowardly but should have easily been noticed by the ref. 

There was no punches thrown by our spectator 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All

Can I ask that conversations on this forum regarding the incident involving a 16 year old at Redruth aren't continued on this here please. 

It's important the matter is looked at officially and much though this forum is a fabulous place for football in general not for matters of this nature.

Thank you

Mandy 

Chair St Agnes AFC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was also a spectator at this game, and witnessed it all. The love island looking lad did run on the pitch but no punches were thrown, I had the perfect view of it. He did then go on to have an argument with the other manager and gave him a “warning” by very lightly tapping him on the head with his fingers and calling him a b***h. That was the end of the commotion and I don’t think it’s fair to accuse someone of assault on a minor when it never happened. He may not have dealt with it the right way by using his mouth but he did not assault no one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

Gotta agree with you on that one.. not sure who the "roadman love island reject" was but to run from a dugout and strike someone like that was disgusting. Not everyone saw it unfortunately. Definitely not the referee.  I do feel for the officials and I know they are crying out for them but the two in the last two weeks in this league have been awful. Today's one didn't go more than 3 yards past the centre circle today unless it was to talk to someone for questioning a decision. Both teams would have benefited from an official getting a grip on the game early on but it seems they love to cut do n on swearing a lot these days but it's okay to pop a poorly timed tackle in or raise a hand.... All in all redruth did deserve the three points.

Well done Magic Mike! I‘m sure your comments will help us to keep and recruit new referees. Must applaud you for such a perfect game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive just had a look on the fulltime site to see who this ref is and I've seen him a few times over the last few seasons. He's a good referee and in those three games I've seen him he was solid. Instead of blaming the ref blame the idiots that, well, acted like idiots. Imagine how the ref feels seeing these comments on here. You buggers will be screwed when you don't have a ref next weekend because I tell you what if I was the referee secretary I'd give your refs to the teams in Trelawney that can actually behave themselves and not act like little kids. Grow up you're embarrassing yourselves and the club's you try to represent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve locked this thread because to be honest I’m just so fed up with all the crap posted on the forum these days!

The way the game is going, both on and off the pitch, there won’t be any football to bother with if you guys that play, watch, support and know everything don’t lighten up and start showing that you enjoy it because you certainly don’t give that impression!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...