Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway 3 Truro 3

Well that was great Boxing Day entertainment and good excuse to get out the house. The ground looked absolutely packed out and I even got the chance to walk off the Xmas dinner having to park miles down the road. 
I thought Parkway were excellent and deserved to win. Truro if I’m honest we’re not that impressive not sure if it’s lack of playing time but they looked off it.   Harvey was well marshalled and they and they didn’t strike me as a team up at top of table  

still a great game and entertainment 6 goals. Seymour for parkway again was was excellent how they keep hold of him is a miracle .
 and a last comment on the ref, I thought he was poor for both teams seem to make some very odd decisions I couldn’t see from where I was if the ball crossed the line for Truro equaliser at the end. Parkway were adamant it didn’t.  even the linesman seem to  struggle maybe the Xmas festivities didn’t help the officials( too many mince pies and brandies ) 

Anyway  Parkway should be pleased great day for the club with 1300 through the gate. 

1385 was a great crowd ?Think  league record for Parkway.  Well deserved draw today and gutted to let one in the 94th minute. First time I've seen Truro this season and to be fair they were not what I was expecting. Not the best team I've seen this season.  Parkway now travel Weston Supermare next. Hope Seymore is not injured too badly. Great effort from the lads today. Well done Parkway.

Just watched the highlights on Truro's social media (still can't understand why Parkway seemingly don't want their supporters to know about these), and watched respective manager's post game comments. One regarded it as a thriller, the other a dull game with soft goals. Those at the game can decide which was more accurate.

From a league table point of view, Hayes did Truro a big favour by winning at in form Chesham while Parkway sink to second bottom with sides around them picking up points. True, plenty of games in hand, but they need to get something from these. One of these sides on display today will be focusing on securing a play off place in the second half of the season (it is vital that they snap out of this current dip though) while the other needs to concentrate on staying up.

5 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Quick look at the SL website shows that they would be 5 points worse off now if all matches had finished after 85 minutes. (It really is the post Christmas.pre New Year "dead zone.")

But what about the goals that they've scored in injury time? 

I don't follow it meticulously but there's 4 injury time goals that I can think about without looking. 

If you said it was 8 or 9 points it wouldn't surprise me