Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Robartes Arms 1-0 Storm (H/T 1-0) :yahoo:

Referee: Dan Pidgeon (Truro)

Very breezy at Illogan Park in a game where a patched up Robartes team won by the odd goal, scored early on by Danny Andrewartha. Storm came more into the game in the seconds period but Robartes dug deep and ground out a hard earned win.

Gulval Reserves 4 - 2 Redruth Utd Reserves

My personal slide continues! From being a valueable goalscorer in Portreaths first team to a useless ass(et) in the Redruth Utd Reserve side in the space of two months shows how easy things can go wrong if your not in the right frame of mind when you take to pitch! Never mind!

As for the game, i dont mind saying Gulval were the deserved winners and played the better football for most of the game. Gulval dealt with the windy conditions whereas Redruth struggled to cope with them and despite a second-half revival from the Reds, Gulval ultimately proved too strong. Decent game though, no bad tackles thrown in and well reffed i thought. Good luck to Gulval Reserves for the rest of the season! :c:

Portreath Res 4 Cornish New Boys 2

Well Done to Meady's boys, who went in 3-1 up at half time. 2nd half was much more even with improved display from New Boys, especially Ryan Hooper and Rob Oldland who looked dangerous throughout the half, and more secure at the back with Leon Gilbert (playing in his favourable position) and Ryan Roberts performing well!

Kevin Endean was very lively the whole match (should go a little easier on us oldies), playing alongside the very mobile Bundie up front.

Best side won but well done Cornish on second half performance! :c:

Guest titan1

madron res 1 - 5 titans div 3

horrible weather making the game hard for the titans in the first half, ht score 1-2 titans, second half the titans came out fighting with the wind behind them and made the score 1-5 titans.

titan goal scorers

P. BARNES 2

A. HEN 1

DIDI - 1

K. EDDY - 1

thankyou to madron for there hospitality throughout the day including the tea at h/t and the food afterwards and good luck for the rest of the season . :c:

We did neal but as Danny Andrewartha scored, he aint scored for ages so he forgot. Will save it for millser nxt week. Well done to Nick and Karen on the Birth of their son. One more millser to worry about in sixteen years time maybe. :smiley20:

Guest postman pat

although titans won 5-1 today a very young madron gave a very spirited display in horrible conditions.the wind and hails were awfull.as titan1 said thanks for the hospitallity and good luck for the rest of the season :c:

Went to watch TMS at Illogan, not a great game but a well deserved win for Illogan,although TMS had the better chances & most of the possesion they rarely threatened & when they did Carter kept them at bay with a string of great saves.

Illogan's goal was a great move which started from defence and was finished off by Miller after some good passes in between.

Good win for Illogan but what's happening at TMS-some indifferent results lately...

Congratulations Millser....hopefully he'll support West Brom & I won't have to mark him... :thumbsup:

Guest mezza-tms

Went to watch TMS at Illogan, not a great game but a well deserved win for Illogan,although TMS had the better chances & most of the possesion they rarely threatened & when they did Carter kept them at bay with a string of great saves.

Illogan's goal was a great move which started from defence and was finished off by Miller after some good passes in between.

Good win for Illogan but what's happening at TMS-some indifferent results lately...

Congratulations Millser....hopefully he'll support West Brom & I won't have to mark him... :thumbsup:

Who was you mate?

Was a tough game 2day

The wind played a big part in this game

Also what a result for tms res 2day

Beating chacewater who had 10 men

will chacewater drop any points b4 the end of the season?

will the give tms a chance to gain on them and overtake them in top place

Holmans 2 - 5 Troon (HT 2-2)

Holmans took a 2 - 0 lead early in the 1st half playing with the wind on Blaythornes main pitch however Troon fought their way back to level the scores 2-2 at half time.

The 2nd half saw Troon playing with the wind and they basically camped in Holmans 18yd box however some amazing defending and quite a bit of good fortune in a Rourkes drift Zulu styley saw Holmans still level after the first 25min of the 2nd half played. Troon eventually broke the defence down and notched another quick 2 goals to make the game well and truly safe.

A really good natured game with a large crowd watching in difficult windy conditions

By the way good luck to all the players and officials from portreath in the junior cup on Easter monday from everybody at Holmans FC

good win 4 the stones at chacewater.

whats mining 3 looking like at the minute tms must closing gap on chacewater

tms are 1 point behind chasewater and will be appealing against the 1 point deduction given to them earlier on in the season so it could all come down to goal difference which is also very tight!

tms res havnt lost now since the 2nd league game of the season something like 23 games.So all the presure is on chasewater were hot on your heels!! :clapper:

Guest Sullivan

Well done to the seconds yesterday :clapper: Not a good month for the firsts but I'm sure we'll get back on track as soon as! Every team has a dip at some point in a season.

Gulval Res 4 Redruth Res 2

Good game of footie considering the conditions. An absolute bullet of a free kick with the wind from Jake Williams for Redruth second.

TMS next and we have them in the Semi of the Jollys shield. last time we played we lost to the odd goal in 9 and lead 3-1 at half-time!

Bit late to appeal now Liam?

yeah thats what i fought but i looked threw some old rubbish and found all my ccfa form ie when,where,how i got sent off and when the ban is and stuff so will give it to marian asap then see what happens but like you said i imagine its to late now anyway :huh:

Gulval Res 4 Redruth Res 2

Good game of footie considering the conditions. An absolute bullet of a free kick with the wind from Jake Williams for Redruth second.

TMS next and we have them in the Semi of the Jollys shield. last time we played we lost to the odd goal in 9 and lead 3-1 at half-time!

i remember that game very well my first ever hat trick and perfect 1 at that 1 off my arse 1 off my knee and the other off my belly :clapper:

Gulval Reserves 4 - 2 Redruth Utd Reserves

My personal slide continues! From being a valueable goalscorer in Portreaths first team to a useless ass(et) in the Redruth Utd Reserve side in the space of two months shows how easy things can go wrong if your not in the right frame of mind when you take to pitch! Never mind!

As for the game, i dont mind saying Gulval were the deserved winners and played the better football for most of the game. Gulval dealt with the windy conditions whereas Redruth struggled to cope with them and despite a second-half revival from the Reds, Gulval ultimately proved too strong. Decent game though, no bad tackles thrown in and well reffed i thought. Good luck to Gulval Reserves for the rest of the season! :c:

Had no idea you were there mate. I would have made myself known and got you a beer afterwards if I had known who you were. Even though I was pretty pi#@ed off that my goal in the second half wasn't given. It was a good 2 foot over the line but you crafty sods just carried on playing while I was running away celebrating on my own. :( ..

Good group of lads though and as The General said, it was a cracking freekick that your young lad scored in the second half. Thanks for your good wishes and the same goes to your lads. :thumbsup:

Dunn Cup round 2.

Trevenson 1, Spice of Life 2.

Arthur Pearce round 3.

Illogan 1, Threemilestone 0. :(

Division 1.

Holmans 2, Troon 5.

Redruth 3, Gwinear 0.

Robartes 1, Storm 0.

Division 2.

Goonhavern 1, Trispen 3.

Halsetown 4, St Agnes 0.

Ludgvan 4, Madron 3.