Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town Supporters Club

In an old Falmouth Town programme it asks people to come and meet at the headquarters of their Supporters Club based on Chapel Terrace, Falmouth. 

I know things change but Google maps shows a place called The Jacobs Ladder pub, about five houses and a converted chapel.

Was the club based in the Ladder or was it called something different in the 50's, or based somewhere else on that tiny terrace?

On 16/11/2022 at 17:11, cornishteddyboy said:

In an old Falmouth Town programme it asks people to come and meet at the headquarters of their Supporters Club based on Chapel Terrace, Falmouth. 

I know things change but Google maps shows a place called The Jacobs Ladder pub, about five houses and a converted chapel.

Was the club based in the Ladder or was it called something different in the 50's, or based somewhere else on that tiny terrace?

Way before my time CTB.Any supporters from back then would have to be in their eighties now and sadly I can't think of any.But will ask around the clubhouse if our game is on weather permitting on Saturday.

On 17/11/2022 at 22:42, The Town Man said:

Sure someone once said that the old Tony Diamonds nightclub on Chapel Terrace was once the FTFC social club in the early days.

Can clarify that the old Chapel on Chapel terrace was indeed the 1rst FTFC social club before moving to Arwennack Avenue ,and then to the present site at the ground .