59 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE FHFL DIVISION ONE TITLE

• FALMOUTH ATHLETIC
    • CHACEWATER
    • MAWNAN SMITH
    • HELSTON
    • ST KEVERNE

Guest omerta

this thread will run and run!! But to get it started and for what my opinions worth i go with CHACEWATER(Always come strong at the end of seasons and a canny knack of being able to bolster when required) who will be pushed all the way by FAL ATHLETIC(good luck lads but i just feel with 14 still to play there will be to many games to catch up on).Mawnan to finish a strong third with helston fourth and st.keverne(an excellant season but too small a squad to maintain form-still a third of the seasons fixtures to play in just 7wks)completing the top 5. Although Holmans(the form team) must be regretting their slow start or they would definately be amongst them. Its a shame though that whatever team lifts the title none are in a position for various reasons to take promotion into senior football because all 5 have a strong base on which to build. when the evening games start there will be shock resullts for sure and the most consistant team that hold there nerve will be victors. good luck to all and let battle commence.

Guest stealth

i no its not the same but whenever we play chasewater they always bring in players from either there 1st team or player from other teams its very annoying!!

green and white st kvearne have points on the board a grand totle of 3 more than chacewater who hav a game in hand :ninja:

Guest Bushranger

Would love my old club fal athletic to do,it is certainly overdue!!but im with omerta on this one ,as usual waterlogged draceana means a backlog of games and they probably have too many again this year!!But hey you never know!! :P

I think that the people who make Chacewater favourites are forgetting that ,on the run in to the end of season,we still have to play Holman SC twice,Falmouth Athletic twice,Mawnan away,Helston away,Mousehole,Falmouth Town,Stithians,Falmouth Albion,St.Day and Hayle.Nothing easy there at all.

I would make St.Keverne favourites as they have the points in the bag already as Green & White said previously.

Guest artificiosus

I think that the people who make Chacewater favourites are forgetting that ,on the run in to the end of season,we still have to play Holman SC twice,Falmouth Athletic twice,Mawnan away,Helston away,Mousehole,Falmouth Town,Stithians,Falmouth Albion,St.Day and Hayle.Nothing easy there at all.

I would make St.Keverne favourites as they have the points in the bag already as Green & White said previously.

so soccer follower u gota play just about every1.

albion will be tougher to beat now there 2nd team has folded more players to choose from

Guest artificiosus

not many more other wise they wouldnt of folded in the first place

maybe not loads more but obvisly 7 or 8 more players to choose from that will strenghten there squad.

which showed because they beat st day 3-1 away the other week.

Guest Spenny

I hope he two people who have voted Helston to win the league are just having a laugh....... or perhaps they need to study the league table a little more closely.

Greyhound no point in wanting to go up to combo if you finish 3rd if you can,t beat the best in fal/hel 1 what are you going to do in combo? Take a look at last year Wendron and hayle went combo now Wendron are 2nd from bottom in combo bottom of div 1 and 2 of fal/hel Hayle are mid-table in combo (Quite respectable) 2nd from bottom in div 1&2 of Fal/hel. Is your club capable of keeping two decent senior sides? With not much loyalty from players nowadays sometimes sucess in lower leagues keeps a higher calibre of player, than an average higher league team. good players don,t like losing.

Whirlwind like your comment on Portreath they have done well! but most junior teams do have to pay subs ect (enough said.)

Guest Helston Patriot

After watching the reserves yesterday, they would hold there own easily in the combo.

With a Midfield of Clayton Reynolds, Nathen Radbone, Tom Russell and Chris Mathews, i think thats better than alot of teams. Anyone of them could do a job for alot of clubs at a higher level. (and have done!)

Guest Spenny

Anything can happen this time of year with all the evening games coming up.... teams the top 3 would expect will be much stronger by bringing in players so get ready for some strange score lines.

I agree st keverne are in a great position but it might depend on what sort of side they can get to away games midweek.

falmouth athletic are looking good but they still have some tough games ahead

• 1 month later...
Guest omerta

thought i would bring this one back up to see how our predictions are fairing it was exactly two months ago we all had a guess.soccer follower backed st.kev(though a bit of reverse pyschology used there me thinks nige!) so your gone as are green and white stealth and garry kay who all also backed st kev. geachy bushranger(robin)and me are still on the money having backed chacewater. omertas top 3 still in the correct order at present tho still a new twist everytime a games played as the big 3 play each other. you had 17 left roy just 8 weeks ago- is this season ever gonna end you and kev must be thinking!. and a big up to spenny he put himself up to be shot down by backing his own team but fair play to you m8 youve gotta believe it to do it and your confidence would of built up the dressing room as the tough games have come one after the other. top marks to you all 4 teams taking it to the wire. let the battle continue!!!

Guest Spenny

Hey... nothing is decided yet. No one at chace is taking anything for granted.

Speedy if the snailman nickname sticks i will be blaming you

Guest spurs03

chacewater are odds on to win it, athletic got 3 left to play. got to win all of them and score average of 7 a game. cant see them beating mawnan by 7 or chacewater by 7 I know it aint over to the fat lady sing but she is singing pretty loud at this time. good luck to all and may the best team win. its been a great finnish this year,well done all.

Guest Spenny

Can anyone confirm the Hayle v Fal Athletic score... read 0v2 and 1v9.... bit of a difference.

Have the Athletic v mawnan and Lizard been confirmed yet?

Guest Spenny

will get interesting you beat lizard by double figures..... and thats possible depending what they bring along.... but you still have to beat mawnan to have a chance going into our game......and they wont roll over for athletic thats for sure. has the mawnan game been arranged yet??

im not sure about the date for the mawnan game,but im confident we will beat them,and ur right if we get a couple of early goals we could put in double figures against lizard,it would be nice to play u guys last game of the season,for the winners of the game to be the champions.u play stithians on wednesday is that right.

Guest Spenny

yeah we play wednesday..... so you will know what you need to do on sat. so really we could do with winning big too..... a win might be enough but if we could win by a few to make the current 13 advantage on goals even bigger it will pile the pressure on every chance you get on sat. i dont think you can rely on an easy win against mawnan either

no ur right,any game against mawnan is always hard,but i think we will beat them thou.yeh after ur game on wednesday we will no what we need to score to have any chance of winning the league,its a good end to a good season i think.do stithians have anything to play 4,

FHFL 1 after 17.5.08

Bit delayed after technical problems with site.

The point Falmouth AThletic got deducted earlier in the season could be the difference

Only got results for two games:

MOUSEHOLE 2-1 FALMOUTH ALBION

HAYLE0-2 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC

6 Games left:

CHACEWATER V FALMOUTH ATHLETIC

CHACEWATER V STITHIANS

FALMOUTH ATHLETIC V LIZARD

FALMOUTH ATHLETIC V MAWNAN

HELSTON V FALMOUTH TOWN

ST AGNES V MAWNAN