Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 15th January 2022

Results.
Saturday 15th January 2022
Godolphin Atlantic Reserves p-p St Day
Hayle Reserves (Aaron Hicks 2) 2-4 Mawnan (Luke Wort 3, Dominic Pullen)
Att-9
Lizard Argyle (???) 1-3 Holman SC (Danny Claypitt 2, Marcus Grasso)
Att-30
Mullion Reserves (Jack Rutterford) 1-1 Goonhavern Athletic (Chris Sturgess)
Att-20
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Liam Dent) 1-2 Helston Athletic Thirds (Ashley Stidwell, Ross Duncan)
Att- 114
RNAS Culdrose (Ashley Mellows) 1-9 Pendeen Rovers (Tristan Prowse 3, Silas Sullivan 3, Stuart Strong, James Squires, Charlie Harry)
Att-12
Rosudgeon 0-1 St Agnes Reserves (???)
Att-30

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Fixtures - Saturday 15th January 2022

Penryn 1 (Liam Dent) - 2 (Ash Stidwell Ross Duncan). Decent crowd, probably 100 watching the top 2 in the Division. Thought Helston were going to rue missing a few chances in the first half when Penryn scored from a corner in the second but they converted their later chances to run out deserving winners. Fully committed game from both sides. 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 15th January 2022
On 15/01/2022 at 10:06, cornishteddyboy said:

True but Godolphin had, had no communication from St Day so I could not 100% confirm it.

Clubs you must keep everyone informed.

Everyone was informed as we, and many clubs always do. When did we have to start informing you CTB?

Game postpone due to Covid reason and players recovery from covid. We were advised by the league. We will again talk with the league this week, Godolphin and the referee also and if we are all happy, football will be played. 😉

💛🖤💛🖤

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Everyone was informed as we, and many clubs always do. When did we have to start informing you CTB?

Game postpone due to Covid reason and players recovery from covid. We were advised by the league. We will again talk with the league this week, Godolphin and the referee also and if we are all happy, football will be played. 😉

💛🖤💛🖤

You didn't have to inform me. Godolphin got hold of me after spotting it on full time but had not been told it was off. I gave them your clubs contact details. When I wrote the post above Godolphin had not told me it was 100% off hence me saying I could not confirm it. 

Clubs are asked time and again to contact the correct people but being the person who posts info and results they come to me regarding rules, games off, etc. I point them in the correct direction.

9 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

You didn't have to inform me. Godolphin got hold of me after spotting it on full time but had not been told it was off. I gave them your clubs contact details. When I wrote the post above Godolphin had not told me it was 100% off hence me saying I could not confirm it. 

Clubs are asked time and again to contact the correct people but being the person who posts info and results they come to me regarding rules, games off, etc. I point them in the correct direction.

We informed the League Secretary, who was very very efficient on this occassion and by the time our Secretary and their Secretary got off the phone fulltime was already changed. I don't think either Secretary had time to contact their managers before it was seen on fulltime.

I know our Secretary took a call from a random player of Godolphin before he even got chance to then call the referee and inform others. All processes were followed as they always are.

But always great to have the volunteer league secretaries be so efficient so I take my hat off to John and all the others who do such an amazing job.

💛🖤💛🖤

13 hours ago, Mark said:

We informed the League Secretary, who was very very efficient on this occassion and by the time our Secretary and their Secretary got off the phone fulltime was already changed. I don't think either Secretary had time to contact their managers before it was seen on fulltime.

I know our Secretary took a call from a random player of Godolphin before he even got chance to then call the referee and inform others. All processes were followed as they always are.

But always great to have the volunteer league secretaries be so efficient so I take my hat off to John and all the others who do such an amazing job.

💛🖤💛🖤

The most common question asked of me is "What is the Rule regarding the number of higher placed players you can play"

Followed by "When is the next cup draw", "Rules regarding promotion and relegation" plus many others.

The most annoying, the ones that you give an answer too, who then don't have the decency to text or email back a thank you. It is as if it expected by a lot of people. I am not Alexa!

Did you know the Combo website is run and paid for by me and is older than full time. Did you know I text 59 people with the combo scores every week or midweek, and only one person, just one, thanks me, and that person is the chap who scored over 2000 goals. Been doing that for 12 years now. 

I am not moaning, I enjoy it, but please don't state that you have to keep me personally informed about postponements now, when you don't. It makes me sound I am bigger than the league.

What happened at Culdrose yesterday? The home side were leading 1-0 until Pendeen found their scoring touch scoring in the 50th, 53rd, 56th, 59th, 74th, 76th, 77th, 78th and 83rd minute. Nine goals in 33 minutes, the first four in eight, then a slight gap and the other five in nine.

Reminds me of this from the Combo History page "On 17th February 1990 Penryn Athletic beat Falmouth Town Reserves 12-2. At half time the score was 1-2 and with 20 minutes to go 3-2. Penryn scored a remarkable 9 goals in the final 20 minutes"