Cornwall Football Forum

Packet Sports Coverage

To introduce myself, I'm Thomas Dee, Packet Newspapers new sports and news reporter.

I am aware that Cornish football fans are very keen to see much more coverage of local football in their weekly papers and online and I am hoping I can bring that to you. If you have or hear of any stories that you wish to see in an edition of The Packet or believe would be of interest, please feel free to either rely in this topic or by contacting me via email at thomas.dee@newsquest.co.uk.

Many people on this forum have complained about the decline in coverage of local football in the area's newspapers, looks like that is changing. If you were one of these people, or even if you weren't, make sure you buy and support The Packet or the other papers that are making an effort to cover the non league scene. Use it or lose it folks.

On 15/02/2021 at 11:06, Thomas.dee said:

To introduce myself, I'm Thomas Dee, Packet Newspapers new sports and news reporter.

I am aware that Cornish football fans are very keen to see much more coverage of local football in their weekly papers and online and I am hoping I can bring that to you. If you have or hear of any stories that you wish to see in an edition of The Packet or believe would be of interest, please feel free to either rely in this topic or by contacting me via email at thomas.dee@newsquest.co.uk.

Are you covering any specific area?

Currently there are only a couple of pages are allocated to sport, however once more local sport is being played and there is more to report there will be much more content every week.

40 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Sounds brilliant for those down West Mr. D, but have you checked with the editor as to how much space he’ll give you?

My sincere apologies (read my post on ‘non Cornish football, ‘Taking the knee’) to the lady editor and Forum members. What a plonker I am to make such assumptions (bows head in abject shame).
I promise not to ask Mr. D if he’s covering Netball, Ladies Hockey, Football and Rugby etc, but I hope, in the interest of impartiality, that he is.

14 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

My sincere apologies (read my post on ‘non Cornish football, ‘Taking the knee’) to the lady editor and Forum members. What a plonker I am to make such assumptions (bows head in abject shame).
I promise not to ask Mr. D if he’s covering Netball, Ladies Hockey, Football and Rugby etc, but I hope, in the interest of impartiality, that he is.

Mr D appears to be off to a promising start on covering ladies football.

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19105940.helston-womens-manager-paul-parfitt-believes-will-win-cornwall-womens-football-league/