Cornwall Football Forum

Phil Neville Steps Down From The England Women's National Side

So, Phil Neville finally resigns from the job of England Women's Football Coach.

Agree with what others have said on here, that it was a strange appointment (appears that he has handed the job with no application or interview process being applied), and one that he seemed to lose interest in long ago after the highs of the World Cup in 2019.

His replacement, Sarina Wiegman, brings a lot of pedigree from her role as the head coach of Dutch women's national team.

Phil Neville's destination would appear to be David Beckham's Inter Miami MLS franchise, the next stop after his impressive series of failures in jobs with the England U21's, Everton, Manchester United and Valencia. It certainly is not what you know, but who you know .

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

So, Phil Neville finally resigns from the job of England Women's Football Coach.

Agree with what others have said on here, that it was a strange appointment (appears that he has handed the job with no application or interview process being applied), and one that he seemed to lose interest in long ago after the highs of the World Cup in 2019.

His replacement, Sarina Wiegman, brings a lot of pedigree from her role as the head coach of Dutch women's national team.

Phil Neville's destination would appear to be David Beckham's Inter Miami MLS franchise, the next stop after his impressive series of failures in jobs with the England U21's, Everton, Manchester United and Valencia. It certainly is not what you know, but who you know .

At least nobody will notice when he screws up in the States. By the way, Inter Miami, what a stupid name for an American football club. There again; stupid owner, stupid manager and stupid name, seems he’ll be a perfect fit!

10 minutes ago, fenman said:

Well said Bruegel , I thought I was the only person in the world who thought that about the owner . Decent player but vastly ,  overated  , but having said that he can't be totally stupid because he's made million's of pounds .

With his feet and occasionally the outside of his head, I don’t think he can take much credit for any more recent entrepreneurial activities, that’s down to Victoria and her advisers. You don’t have to be smart to fall for a Spice Girl!

Don't get me started on boy and girl bands  Bruegel  !!!!!!!!!!!!    Most of them are the equivalent of a carpenter who cant saw or a groundsman who can't use a lawnmower . My father thought I had no music taste because I liked Elvis , Buddy Holly , Roy Orbison ( I nearly typed Hodgson ) and Dusty Springfield  . God knows what he'd have thought of the modern lot .