Bude Town 0 Wadebridge Town 4

Elburton Villa 2 Millbrook 3

Lanreath 3 Mevagissey 4

Morwenstow 1 Lakeside Athletic  2

St Teath 5 Roche 1

St Minver 1 Padstow United 3

St Minver 1

Padstow 3

Lovely warm weather in Rock today with a beautiful but very small pitch. The game was of pretty low quality with players frequently giving the ball away and the game was riddled with mistakes. 

Padstow though shaded this game as they had a little more quality than their hosts. They were though far more physical than their local neighbours and that was evident in them having four players cautioned for bad tackles. They seemed to win a lot of the 50/50s.

I would imagine that Padstow will be a tough team to beat this season due to their physical approach. I was very impressed by the young teenage CB though for St Minver who was composed on the ball and nearly scored twice from corners. 

Enjoyable battle in the sunshine 

My MOM - The rugged beardy CB for Padstow

2 hours ago, David Bray said:

'Young teenage Centre Back from St.Minver,'  is he Under 18 still, and if so and wants to, get down to Brannel School next Thursday for the County Youth trials.

Details c/o Dave Deacon messages.

It's not to late for anyone, but best to speak to Glyn or the Coaching Staff first.

Unfortunately not Dave, he is 18 now. Him and his brother were both more than good enough last season but unfortunately as they played in The Duchy League ...

Our match report from yesterday St Minver 1 v 3 Padstow United

1 hour ago, Wittser said:

Unfortunately not Dave, he is 18 now. Him and his brother were both more than good enough last season but unfortunately as they played in The Duchy League ...

Our match report from yesterday St Minver 1 v 3 Padstow United

Cheers 'Wittser' and let me say here and now, playing Duchy League Football is no barrier to getting selected for the County U18's. The past is the past, if you turn up for the trials and you convince the County Management that you are good enough, who you play for is secondary. 

Enjoy your return to Senior Football.

31 minutes ago, David Bray said:

Cheers 'Wittser' and let me say here and now, playing Duchy League Football is no barrier to getting selected for the County U18's. The past is the past, if you turn up for the trials and you convince the County Management that you are good enough, who you play for is secondary. 

Cheers David and we certainly will do everything we can to enjoy our return to Senior football after 27 years ?  

Also hope the County Youth have another record breaking season ?

Best wishes ?⚽️?

On 27 August 2017 at 19:25, David Bray said:

25 years too late for me David...not that I was ever good enough! However I did score 2 in a trial v Truro reserves in a team that included Ian Gosling, Dave McGhee, Nick Campbell and some other quality players. Unfortunately I played for Tregony at the time so I couldn't be selected - and that's what I comforted myself with after I wasn't picked!