Cornwall Football Forum

Percy Stephens cup final

Congratulations to mawnan great final again to be apart of. They took a 2.0 lead quickly with us not getting into the game really until the 30-35th minute then things clicked for us nicking one just before half time. We equalised then they managed to get a penalty 5 minutes later to go 3.2 up I then missed a crucial penalty and it finished 3.2 mawnan. Again congratulations to mawnan for a great final! And sorry to my boys should have taken us to extra time!. Hopefully secure the league in the next home game and secure the double for another fantastic season 

Well done for coming on and being honest Daniel.Thats the difference between trelawney premier and two,you can miss penalties and have players out in lower leagues and still get a result but against better opponents you will get punished for missed chances and a weaker side and lose. One point separates second to fifth in the premier this season and you could even drop points against teams lower down if you weren't on form or had players out.But a great season for you and the exiles and you have done very well ,Pendeen lost the final 2 seasons ago when in trelawney 2 and also missed a penalty right at the end which would have taken the tie to penalties,but they bounced back and are one game away from the combo again so keep your heads up and I'm sure you and exiles will be stronger for this experience.

Really enjoyable game. 100% accurate report from Dan (who was a threat all game by the way).

Equaliser was a bit of a freak goal (I probably should have dealt with it), but deserved.

penwith keeper played a blinder!

TJ & Keenan had a cracking battle all game. Unfortunately both seem red with 5 to go.

percy is having a great night.

lovel touch by Penwith to give us a guard of honour 

Great game for the neutral today, mawnan scored the first two games and could of been further ahead but the exiles keeper kept his team in the game with some great saves. Exiles scored a great passing goal just before h/t to get back in to it. Mawnan awarded a penalty after a hand ball from the wing back that was slotted home sending the exiles keeper the wrong way. Exiles awarded a penalty with 5mins to go but the forward dragged it wide. 

Two stand out players for me were the exiles keeper who made several top saves to keep his team in the game. Also the exiles no4? Scored the first goal ⚽️ So calm on the ball and a sweet left peg, should be playing senior football!! 

Was a good game to play in shame we didn't get a better result.

To be honest I enjoyed a good battle with Keenan and it was a good hard fought battle and I would relish playing against that sort of striker every week but unfortunately in our leagues we only have the average striker who have little to offer 'Luke murray' 'Kane trevaskis' ?? Bit silly both getting a red card to be fair but maybe that's why I'm not a ref, have a good night with the trophy boys but enjoy it whilst it lasts as we will be back for it next year 

Edited by number 6

6 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Was a good game to play in shame we didn't get a better result.

To be honest I enjoyed a good battle with Keenan and enjoyed it was a good hard fought battle and I would relish playing against that sort of striker every week but unfortunately in our leagues we only have the average striker who have little to offer 'Luke murray' 'Kane trevaskis' ?? Bit silly both getting a red card to be fair but maybe that's why I'm not a ref, have a good night with the trophy boys but enjoy it whilst it lasts as we will be back for it next year 

Did you enjoy the battle by any chance 

3 hours ago, Tempo said:

I think most teams would like an "average" striker who scored almost 50 goals this season though haha.

Hopefully he'll be one of those going to combo next season maybe level should be playing at see how many he scores then? 

And no disrespect how many of those goals were against Chacewater reserves, Storm and holmans reserves? especially early on goals are goals etc but would expect him net hatful against that opposition especially the lack of players early doors for those sides!! Btw I'm not knocking the chap he scored hat trick at home against us we couldn't handle him either even though didn't net other two fixtures not doubting the ability just be good see against quality opposition what he can do, for example penwith 

1 hour ago, stokefan1 said:

Hopefully he'll be one of those going to combo next season maybe level should be playing at see how many he scores then? 

And no disrespect how many of those goals were against Chacewater reserves, Storm and holmans reserves? especially early on goals are goals etc but would expect him net hatful against that opposition especially the lack of players early doors for those sides!! Btw I'm not knocking the chap he scored hat trick at home against us we couldn't handle him either even though didn't net other two fixtures not doubting the ability just be good see against quality opposition what he can do, for example penwith 

Yeah but you could say the same for penwith how many would there boys get if they were at combo as that's the minimum standard most of them should be playing! 

3 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Yeah but you could say the same for penwith how many would there boys get if they were at combo as that's the minimum standard most of them should be playing! 

Yeah not arguing that either... which is something that those players no there reasons for doing so, I'd just like see how many goals were against sides who ridiculously struggled early on especially end of season midweek etc Chacewater, holmans were tad stronger proven by penwith only edging them 1-0!!! Don't think penwith has as many ex combination/above players in there ranks who played consistently at that level maybe wrong though... 

11 minutes ago, justin1 said:

Just the two 

And would just like to add that every one of my players live within a mile of each other went school together or are related ie brothers cousins etc we don't need to pull in players from far awide or pay to win nothing just a small family club you should try it works wonders.. 

I didn't say anything about you pulling players in or where they live or who there family are? Haha and as for pulling players in considering this was about luke Murray he's played for mabe for the last 3 years or so 

10 minutes ago, ian beale said:

I didn't say anything about you pulling players in or where they live or who there family are? Haha and as for pulling players in considering this was about luke Murray he's played for mabe for the last 3 years or so 

I didn't say you did i said we don't need to bring in players and pay money to win things or try.. 

2 hours ago, justin1 said:

Just the two 

And would just like to add that every one of my players live within a mile of each other went school together or are related ie brothers cousins etc we don't need to pull in players from far awide or pay to win nothing just a small family club you should try it works wonders.. 

lol

On 18/05/2017 at 10:07, ian beale said:

Lies

That's the difference between us and Falmouth you see. We totally forgive your player for getting subbed onto the pitch and attacking our player in the first instance. I hope one day you can do the same. We and the league thought this was all resolved clearly Ian Beale wants to have another inquest 

24 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

That's the difference between us and Falmouth you see. We totally forgive your player for getting subbed onto the pitch and attacking our player in the first instance. I hope one day you can do the same. We and the league thought this was all resolved clearly Ian Beale wants to have another inquest 

Think he has a bad memory lol.