Cornwall Football Forum

Radio Cornwall

I have been listening to Middlesex v Cornwall on Radio Cornwall.or I think I was because penalties were being awarded in midfield players were brought to the ground and the referee was making the wall go back 10 metres. add this to the fact i know every train that passes Barnets ground and was told the sun was shining every 5 minutrs surely for what we were told at least 5 times it was the biggest game in Cornwall s history couldnt we have had a commentator more conversant with the round ball rather than the oval one ?

At least you got to listen to the game, we on the supporters coach arrived at half time after being held up by a closed motor way and drivers who didn't have the knowledge to find a quick way round it. So we missed all the goals ,the lads still did us proud and fought to the end loosing 2-1, with Middlesex desperately holding on in the last 15 minutes. Large numbers of the Cornish army travelled ion a crowd of 700, well done to players,coaches,fans. They did Cornwall proud

We were all gutted Lynxman when we heard the news the supporters coach was going to be late. We drove up, and left at 7am and had a quick breakfast in Exeter and got there 1.10 after diverting through Oxford etc, bit of a nightmare, I said to the mrs I reckon the coach could be struggling to make it for the 2pm kick off. Surprised they didn't know the M4 was closed though, I read about that on Thursday! That's why we left a bit earlier, glad we did!! Feel really gutted you missed all the 1st half which was excellent. Sorry you didn't enjoy the commentary Panda, I enjoyed sitting next to Peter, he will probably admit he's more of a rugby man but I think he makes up for that with his enthusiasm and love for Cornwall. I must admit it was hot sitting in that press bit and the trains went by every 15 minutes!! Busy old place! I had texts from people such as Truro City legend Jake Ash and Cornwalls most successful manager ever Trevor and Jill  Mewton listening lying in the sun next to a pool in Spain!! Said they enjoyed it, so that's good enough for me. Really proud of the boys this season, were in it right up until the 96th minute final whistle, they should be so proud of what they've achieved together ???⚽