Cornwall Football Forum

Both sides were poor on the day. Seen Pendeen play so much better than that. Goal came from a corner, free header from about 6 yards. Probably wouldn't be a goal from open play if we were there til next Tuesday! Lack of quality in the final 3rd all night. Just glad it didnt go extra time!! Unlucky Pendeen, congrats St Stephen. Good luck in the final. 

I have to agree with Ballsax, it was a pretty dire match, pleased with the result though - two Duchy sides in the final again..

High balls, long balls, no shots and the game didn't liven up until the last 15 minutes after Craig Coad had headed home neatly to put St Stephen ahead.

Overall I thought Pendeen looked slightly better on the night, certainly had more bite but they didn't look like scoring. 

Hopefully tomorrow night's other semi at Bodmin will be better and i'm sure St Stephen will have much more to offer in the final.

I'm not sure what you guys were watching I think both teams were gd and competitive and both cancelled each other out all over the park was a great cup tie and fair play to st Stephen they took the only clear cut chance and gd luck in the final from all of us lads at Pendeen 

17 hours ago, ballsax said:

Both sides were poor on the day. Seen Pendeen play so much better than that. Goal came from a corner, free header from about 6 yards. Probably wouldn't be a goal from open play if we were there til next Tuesday! Lack of quality in the final 3rd all night. Just glad it didnt go extra time!! Unlucky Pendeen, congrats St Stephen. Good luck in the final. 

16 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

I have to agree with Ballsax, it was a pretty dire match, pleased with the result though - two Duchy sides in the final again..

High balls, long balls, no shots and the game didn't liven up until the last 15 minutes after Craig Coad had headed home neatly to put St Stephen ahead.

15 hours ago, wazza1999 said:

I'm not sure what you guys were watching I think both teams were gd and competitive and both cancelled each other out all over the park was a great cup tie and fair play to st Stephen they took the only clear cut chance and gd luck in the final from all of us lads at Pendeen 

1 hour ago, coady-9 said:

Agree with wazza we were both so evenly matched we just cancelled each other out was a good physical game. Credit to pendeen good side luckily that one chance fell our way and not theirs. 

wouldn't go as far as poor match and dire (tad harsh).  but it wasn't the best game of the season, maybe occasion effected it slightly, very even game as stated tho.

a little to much long ball from both teams for me, would liked to have seen more from both sets of strikers on the turn rather than chasing long "hit and hopes".  very interesting final 10/15 with Pendeen pushing for a goal.

nice goal from St Stephens......good ball in and fantastic header all be it from close range.  on the hole deserved the win.

I think poor may have been a touch harsh, can't deny both were well organised, but I also think both played into each others hands by lumping high balls down the throats of the centre backs, who dominated the aerial battle all night long. I think both sides are better than they showed last night, I'll stand by that. There was some neat football played from the back, it just lacked in the final 3rd. A couple of quality moments came from diagonal balls. Just needed a bit more tempo, sometimes there was a touch or 2 too many rather than a give and go. I've always been as honest as I can when posting on here. Apologies if I've offended anyone, that wasn't my intention.