Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO VS TORQUAY 1ST TEAM

36 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Last  game of the 3 tonight off to Truro to see them play Torquay hope its the 1st team as stated and not reserves and youth that Exeter sent out while all the 1st team players where there watching .Hope Rocky Neale plays tonight for Truro 

Im sure the Chairman will make sure its the first team.

From Torquay United website:-

"A trip to Treyew Road - TONIGHT KO 7:45pm

United head to Truro for their final away match of their pre-season campaign.

Truro City provide the opposition this time, managed by former Torquay United player, and assistant manager Lee Hodges.

“Truro is a big game for us as we are moving onto the phase of pre-season when players have to step forward and show me they understand what I’m asking of them as individuals, and as a team” said player-manager Kevin Nicholson.

“I’ve seen a lot of positives to show me that we are on the right track and this week is really about the boys hammering that home and staking their claim for a place in the starting eleven against Macclesfield.

“I’m very much looking forward to going up against my good friend Hodgy, and we had best win or else I’ll have a lot of texts from him that I’ll have to try and ignore!!!”

Adults: £10 Concessions: £8 U18s & Students: £5 U12s (with a paying adult): Free

Truro City FC Vs Torquay United 25/07/16 KO 7:45pm"

ALSO

Jamie Reid who played a couple games for Truro last season and impressed links up with the Torquay squad today, and will be available for selection for tonight's friendly.

Very entertaining game tonight at treyew road Truros defence where at fault for the 1st 2 goals Aaran Pugh played well as usual but i thought Jamie Richards had a poor game tonight Truro goalie Tom McHALE done some brilliant saves but i thought Torquay where brilliant and played some lovely football and Luke YOUNG was the outstanding player on the pitch he was every where my Man of the match for Torquay and Tom McHale for Truro .I never saw the winning goal i was on the way back to Newquay by then . I think Torquay will go up but not with that goalie in goalhe dropped so many balls tonight the new goalie the Gibraltar international will be 1st choice i think and Truro for the playoffs but they need another centre half Niall Thompson will be a handfull against most oppositions it would of been nice to see Rocky Neale play but still no sign of him maybe hes gone back to Bodmin hes had no pre season so he wont be fit when teh season starts  . I hope T orquay go upalways liked them 

Rocky Neale will be there on wednesday. Lee Hodges has said he is looking at a new defender in the next couple of days and 2 or 3 others to strengthen the squad. Truro are certainly going to be a handfull for any club this season if they can just sort their left side defense. Certainly missing Connor Riley-Lowe.

Rocky Neal is a little too far behind in pre season preparation I feel. He needs longer really to be able to settle in and get his fitness levels to where they should be. I hope he gets back to match fitness quickly. Can't wait to see him play to be honest, as I think he, Niall Thompson and Rory Fallon could be a real handful up top this season.