Cornwall Football Forum

Have you got volunteers at your club worth a mention?

Dave Deacon

I ask because possibly as a regular monthly article for my CORNISH SOCCER Mag,  I'm looking to feature this hard-working group of people that let's face it, are at every club, but very, very rarely ever get the mention they deserve.

If you have someone in mind, please let me know as soon as possible. You can contact me via the usual ways :- either by the message system on this forum; email to davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info, text 07759 502408 or phone me.

Many thanks

Dave Deacon 

The two ladies that have run Penzance tea-hut for years. This is their final season doing it. Must be close to 30 years service to the club now.

Pauline Mead and Jenny Williams

Also Jimmy Hocking, aged 92. Helped build Penlee Park in 1951-52, digging out, pushing wheelbarrows around, etc. Cleans out and washes down changing rooms after every game, paints ground during close season and is the oldest ball-boy in Cornwall. Is currently the Penzance Clubman of the Year.

Edited by cornishteddyboy

Peter young works amazing with a little assistance on the penryn football pitch.  Also David baker works his magic in every aspect of the club. Kenny Simmons, mike young And andy stives. All should hold their head up high, are an asset to the club and wouldn't be where we are now without them