Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall go down in opening SWCC group match

Dave Deacon

It finished 3-2 to Devon's U-18s.

Despite leading twice through Kyle Marks (his first a penalty, the second a header), it didn't prove enough as Devon rallied firstly with a penalty of their own from Gibbins; Hardcastle levelled the game five minutes into the second half and skipper Nathan Antat completed the scoring  with an unstoppable shot.

Cornwall next play in 3 weeks time as they travel to Gloucestershire for their 2nd Round tie in the FA County Youth Cup.

Have to say fantastic set up at coach rd lovely pitch ,bar , all round great set up. Felt the first half was 60-40 in devons favour but we created just as many chances as they did hence going in 2-1 up ht. Second half was really disappointing we never seemed to come  out the changing room and Devon got stronger and stronger. Only my opinion but we were very deep 2nd half and it really looked like only a matter of time before they did score. Two midfielders superb for Devon and no biased from me at all when I say Kyle marks superb for Cornwall ??he never quits and energy levels superb . Very proud as a dad to be there as all parents but also both sets of lads behaviour was impeccable and have to say the way the lads are treated by Glynn and everyone involved is very professional they are looked after superbly. Unfortunate to lose but right result can't wait for Gloucester game. ??