Cornwall Football Forum

Sheridan leaves Plymouth Argyle

Well Sheridan has gone i for one isnt sorry he had no go in him and his tactics where crap . Im hoping Neil Warnock wiil be back in charge actually im goin to put money on it . The new manager will be between Warnock and Holloway at least wont be dull if Ian Holloway gets the job be good to see someone with a personallity when they are interviewed Sheridan just didnt have any go in him 

Plymouth will no doubt appoint the wrong person as they have done so often in the past, although Ian Holloway or Neil Warnock would be great shouts. I wonder if the new manager will take a close personal interest in the reserve team down at Bickleigh Barracks?!

I expect Sheridan will take the sheff utd job now or Leeds 1 thats nearer his family . I would love to see Plymouth ladPaul Wotton  given the job as manager he would install some pride back into the team not like all those loan players that came in and got there wages and most of the time they just didnt want to be here 

Wotton!!! Oh please god NO!!! He's on the coaching staff now. That hasn't helped create any passion. 

I think Sheridan has done a half decent job with the tools he had to do the job. His biggest problem has been getting that winning mentality when we go behind. But we've looked solid at times and we reached the play offs. 

I'm not convinced we even want Ian Holloway near the place after the way he left last time. 

Has Warnock got enough to get us out of this division? 1996 was a long time ago and that was through the play offs. 

As for Sheridan being dull, well he's like Nigel Pearson. Says what it is and move on. Argyle fans rave about Wycombes manager bouncing around and waving his arms. That's passion. Great when your sides winning. Everyone says god his passion gets his side playing. Say we had Ainsworth and we were struggling. Then everyone would say he's a nut case who just want es his arms around with no idea. So its a close call between being a bit dull and looking like a chimp from Paignton Zoo. 

I think we need a completly new fresh face. Start again with fresh ideas. But I have a sneaky feeling Warnock might get this job. 

Tough call for sure. 

Think Neil Warnock would jump at the chance to manage Argyle again i expect his missus is fed up with him being at home all the time and out on his tractor . How about him and Paul Wotton and Kevin Hodges as his assistants Neil has done well with all the clubs hes been involved in but i do like Ian Holloway it would never be a dull moment if he came back again . Im wandering if Warnock will be offered the job back at Sheff utd because he is a Sheffield utd fan but he does x it in Cornwall so Neil if your reading this get off your bloody tractor and take the Argyle job if Mr Brent offers it to you 

God no. Not any of them. Argyle fans love to look at the past and drag up old dust. Kevin Hodges. Nice bloke I'm sure but he was dreadful as the manager once before and he's been around for a long time. Kevin Blackwell is another anoying carracter. Another bit of old dust as well. Time for a real change. Graham Westley is a right moaner . Never his fault and the world's against him. No thanks. Holloway has been a bodge job manager for a while and couldn't handle the top league and jumped ship. 

I'd like to see the current Barnet manger myself. Martin Allen. Certainly nos a promotion season. Lead Barnet to the conference title last season.  Quite a character to. I think he'd stir the Plymouth public which is like pulling teeth at the best of times. 

Edited by Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a god choice.  I think he is just what we have needed.  A young man prepared to take on what is arguably a top job.  What he must do is to make sure that Argyles youngsters get a shout at the club .  We have lost so many promising youngsters over the years because managers who come in are either in between jobs or are not prepared to give these lads a chance.  He has a two year deal, so lets give him a chance.