Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup live draw on the radio

Good news after talking to Phil Hiscox last night. All being well after the League cup games on the 20th October, the draw for the following round will be done live on my half-hour slot, from a ground staging a game that afternoon. :clapper:

Just to remind you of the Second round ties :-

Tuesday 16th October (7.30pm)

Exmouth Town 4 - 0 Newton A Spurs

Friday 19th October (7.30pm)

Penzance 0 - 4 St Blazey

Saturday 20th October (2.30pm)

Appledore V University of Exeter

Buckland Athletic V Dartmouth

Budleigh Salterton V Clyst Rovers

Callington Town V Launceston

Foxhole Stars V Liskeard Athletic

Hayle V Bodmin Town

Liverton United V Tavistock

Millbrook V Ivybridge Town

Newton Abbot V Cullompton Rangers

Porthleven V Falmouth Town

St Austell V Saltash United

Torpoint Athletic V Elburton Villa

Vospers Oak Villa V Plymouth Parkway

Wadebridge Town V Holsworthy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

That is great news about the draw being made live on the radio.

Just a quick question i very much enjoy listening to your show and the after match reports but is there any chance in the future that the show will go on for longer maybe one hour rather than 30 minutes?

There is nothing beter then listening to other scores, managers and players views on the way back from footy on a sat afternoon.

Look forward to your reply

Harris

Guest ggr_garth

Not knowing the Radio Cornwall schedule, maybe a Sunday morning programme reviewing the weekend's football or Friday evening programme previewing the weekend's action could be looked into? Any thoughts?

Bit of a thumb in the eye for the CCFA who if I am right refuse to follow Devon FA's example by having their county cup draws done live on BBC radio devon. Do you think the CCFA wll take any notice?

A programme on Sunday evening say between 6:00-7:00 pm with a round-up of scores from the whole weekend (Saturday and Sunday's games) plus interviews with both Saturday, Sunday and Ladies team officials would be great. Also a round-up of that weeks forthcoming games.

I know it's not Dave's fault but his program on Saturday's is missed by half of us plus he's not been texted results of games etc.

The draw will be done live from Foxhole Stars who are playing Liskeard Athletic in the Cup that afternoon.

I have been involved in the BBC Radio Devon monday morning cup draws for the past 2 seasons so I have been looking to develop that into Cornwall. What Cornwall FA do is entirely upto themselves but maybe they will listen in and think, "hmmm we could do that".

The first & second rounds were drawn in the presence of all the clubs at the AGM in June by reps of Axminster & Mousehole (the 2 furthest apart clubs) its important from a fixturing point of view to do the draw in June but the following rounds can be topical and done like this.

Looking forward to a mini Cornish tour this weekend at Penzance on Friday night and Foxhole on Saturday afternoon, come and say "Hello !"

Phil H

I agree another day/night would be great for a radio broadcast with both players and managers views along with pre/post match reports a good way to catch up on all the local football. Lets be honest with the new S.W leagues local football is going places and it is great to see.

I still feel that an hour slot after games will be a very good thing.

Harris

CCFA won't be encouraged to have the Senior Cup draw on radio. If anything, the Throgmorton Cup draw will only more firmly entrench the fossils into their Luddite obstinacy. Too many of the officers appear to run County football for their own sakes rather than for the people who play, watch and follow the local game.