Cornwall Football Forum

One for the officianadoes

ECPL

If the encroachment was by the team defending, it is retaken. If it is the team attacking, I believe play restarts from a goal kick. I'm not a referee but that's what I would say.

A penalty kick is taken and scored but the referee rules out the goal for encroachment.  What happens next ?

a team-mate (attacker) of the player taking the kick infringes the Laws of the Game:

• the referee allows the kick to be taken

• if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken

• if the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and the match is restarted with an indirect free kick to the defending team from the place where the infringement occurred

a team-mate (defender) of the goalkeeper infringes the Laws of the Game:

• the referee allows the kick to be taken

• if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded

• if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken

a player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:
• the kick is retaken 

Page 46 http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/02/36/01/11/27_06_2014_new--lawsofthegameweben_neutral.pdf

I ECPL, not sure what the outcome was of your question?

However I have on e for you, 89 mins on the clock game 1-1 home striker through on goal puts it around the keeper, keeper takes him out ball goes over the line for a goal kick. Keeper takes it, final whistle blown.

Questioned the referee in a correct manner asking why he didn't give the penalty,? His reply was if I did I would have had to have sent of the keeper which I didn't want to do with 28 seconds left.

Can any Ref's clarify, this is correct (although probably know the answer)

I asked the question because in an England UEFA under 19 womens match.  England were losing 2-1 and were awarded a late penalty.   England score but the referee disallowed the goal because of encroachment by an England player and awarded an indirect free kick.   Having not refereed for a very long time I did wonder if the laws had been changed

The correct answer is if a players scores from the penalty and a team mate encroaches then the referee has to award the penalty kick to be retaken.  It was a surprise to see that the England player knew the answer as she placed the ball back on the penalty spot but the referee waived her away.

The result.  England appeal and UEFA agree that the referee made a mistake.  The two two teams had to go back to the same ground.  The penalty was scored and the teams played out the final 16 seconds.