Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday April 4th 2015

Recommended Posts

Duchy Div 1

Grampound 2-0 AFC Bodmin
Well deserved and much needed win. Good to see veteran Glyn Ford coming on as a sub and having a really good game.

Grampound goalscorers Will Watson and Ryan Orchard with two good finishes.

Edited by AJW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Dennis Reserves 4-0 Gunnislake

25m, 38m, 50m, 71m


St Dennis 3rds 3-2 Kilkhampton

0-1 36m

0-2 46m (14 seconds into second half)

1-2 58m

2-2 80m

3-2 82m

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites


St.Merryn set up a Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup semi-final contest against Boscastle after winning a quarter-final tie 2-1 at higher division St.Breward after extra time. Glyn Sandoe was the St.Breward scorer with Andy Hicks getting the first for St.Merryn. The tie was decided in extra time by a penalty kick shot home by Richard Hughes.

Looe Town will not give up on their slim hopes of the Premier Division title. They closed the gap at the top to two points, but have played two more games. Their win at Lostwithiel was impressive at a difficult place to get a result. The game featured just one goal, but that a stunning strike. Matt Barton passed the ball out to young Kieran Faulkner who chested the ball down, cut inside and passed the ball into the net.

Josh Sanders scored a hat trick as North Petherwin completed their home programme in their first season of Premier Division football by beating St.Dominick 3-1. Brad Seaton replied for the visitors.

St.Newlyn East completed the double over Lamerton to maintain their slim hopes of avoiding the drop, their only two wins of the season. Chris Ballett, Scott Taylor and Tyler Eastlake scored the home goals as they live to fight another day.

Foxhole has wrapped up the Division One title after winning 5-2 at bottom club St.Cleer and were presented with the cup after the game. The visitors should have wrapped up the title at least two games ago but have been a little nervous in front of goal in those games. They made no mistake this time with Jamie Robinson scoring a brace and Brandon Tregidgo, Martyn Probert with his first for the club and Zac Smith-Brokenshire completing their tally. St.Cleer replied with goals from Alex Isted and Liam Donaghy.

Premier Sixes are close to completing the great escape. They faced a difficult home game against promotion chasing Biscovey and had a dream start with a screamer from Benz Corlett into the bottom corner in the opening minute. Sixes remained on top throughout the first half but faced a fight back from the visitors after the restart. Oliver Hall in the home goal made two great saves to maintain the home lead as the hosts held on for a crucial win that takes them four points clear of the drop zone. Sixes nearly doubled their win near the end, but this time it was the Biscovey keeper that made a great save.

Grampound also look safe after beating AFC Bodmin 2-0 as the visitors slipped closer to relegation. Will Watson smashed a superb 25 yard shot in the fifth minute to give the hosts the perfect start. Grampound were just in control of a close game but found the visitors difficult to penetrate. Ryan Orchard sealed the points in the second half. He made a run down the left, cut in and shot into the far bottom corner.

LC Phoenix were 4-1 winners at home to St.Mawgan. Phoenix scored through Darren Webber, Patrick Davis, Nathan Cox and an own goal. St.Mawgan replied with a Bonar Maull goal.

St.Dennis took another step towards the Division Two title with a 4-0 defeat of Gunnislake. Mark Rowe scored a hat trick with leading scorer Nathan Hugh completing the scoring.

Sticker maintained their lead at the top but know with just one game remaining they will struggle to hold off their challengers. They were impressive in gaining a superb 6-1 win at fourth placed Gerrans & St.Mawes United. In perfect playing conditions Sticker opened at pace down the slope and pinned the home side in their own half for the first twenty minutes. Then a breakaway down the right and a pin point cross saw Adam Hadfield open the scoring with a well hit shot. This spurred Gerrans on and they briefly had a good share of the play. The visitors were level ten minutes later with a lovely shot from Gus Angilley and Jack Boardman with a shot under the keeper gave Sticker a first half lead. On the changeover it was the visitors pressing game which had the opposition chasing shadows and a swerving shot from Matt Searle and another sharp finish from Boardman made it four to Sticker. Substitute Luke Perkes came on and lobbed the keeper and the same player made it six from a deftly hit free kick.

Callington Town kept up their promotion challenge with an 8-0 defeat of Holywell/Cubert Athletic. The visitors struggled to raise a team but showed great credit in mustering ten players for a long and difficult trip, something some other clubs should endeavour to do. Kieran Prescott scored a hat trick with Jamie Martin adding a brace. Liam Bryant, Aiden Bryant and a Liam Drake own goal completed the scoring.

In the only Division Three match, Gorran revived their hopes of beating the drop beating relegation rivals Grampound reserves 7-3. At full strength with their university players home and available Gorran earned an impressive victory with Shane Kibell scoring four goals. Ryan Morcom added a brace and Tom Bray-Smith their other goal. Grampound replied through Ben Thomas, Alastair Woodman and Dan Smith.

Southgate Seniors lost 5-1 at St.Minver as the Division Four relegation trap door opened a little further. Ben Beesley scored a brace with Matt Webster, Ozzie Beesley and Steve Wootton completing the hosts tally. Liam Cairns scored the Southgate consolation.

At the top Godolphin reserves rediscovered their form to surely put an end to High Street’s promotion hopes. Stuart Kesson-Smith scored for High Street but goals from Kevin McHugh and Jack Scott stretched the Godolphin lead to five points albeit having played more games.

Kilkhampton still await the one point required for the Division Five title after losing their first league game of the season 3-2 at St.Dennis reserves and that after being two ahead from a Lee Gardiner brace. The home side who fielded a strong unit fought back superbly to take the visitors 100 per cent record with Lee Rickard scoring a brace and Nathan Hugh who had played and scored in the Division Two fixture earlier adding their other goal.

Real Saltash earned another three points in their promotion chase overcoming visitors Boscastle reserves hitting five without reply. Mike Morrish scored a brace with Wayne Skeldon, Paul Shannon and Cliff Harvey adding a goal apiece.

Roche remain in contention after beating St.Teath 4-0. Chris Coad, Andy Geach, Gareth Geach and Shaun Trudgeon scored a goal apiece.

Padstow United put a turbulent fortnight of internal problems behind them as they beat St.Newlyn East reserves 10-1. On the other hand fortune is not currently treating Newlyn kindly as they played the game with nine men throughout after a car breakdown left two other players stranded miles from the ground. The visitors put eight men behind the ball and made it as difficult as possible for the home team and played with a superb sporting attitude throughout. Martin Murt scored a hat trick with Colin Morris and Joel Hurst adding a goal apiece. Kyle Tippett, Rob Elliott added further goals and the most deserved fell to left wing dynamo Ben Prendiville who was man of the match. Chris Symon scored from the spot for the Newlyn consolation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...