Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay manager for 2015-16 announced

Newquay AFC are grateful to Ross McOnie for ensuring the clubs SWPL Premier status is secure for 2015-16 season, Ross will be Asst Manager to Sacha next Season. There will be the usual players in and out during the summer, just like every other club in Cornwall, but with a new batch of youngsters coming through the system, Sacha will be spoilt for choice, it will be a busy and interesting pre-season.

Sacha is a former Peppermint player, was also at Bodmin Town so knows what's expected at this level. He has now cut his managerial teeth at Wadebridge, obviously felt it was time to move onto a tougher challenge, Newquay always happy to encourage 'youngsters' in the game.

I heard he's going to raid the west league for most of his players 

​That's stirring it Mary !

Best wishes Sacha. Wadebridge have played some nice football, but have lacked consistency - frustrating. Every good wish at Newquay and for Wadebridge too. 

Maybe I know something you don't? 

Mary is a beaut! Why west players Mary, with greatest respect if Wadebridge are struggling in the West how will they improve Newquay? I think Nemesis will be a happy man Friday as reading the rag yesterday Godolphin are resting majority of players ready for the Senior Cup Final. 

Mary is a beaut! Why west players Mary, with greatest respect if Wadebridge are struggling in the West how will they improve Newquay? I think Nemesis will be a happy man Friday as reading the rag yesterday Godolphin are resting majority of players ready for the Senior Cup Final. 

That's very abusive Leeds! No need for that! Just you wait and see my pedigree chum come the start of next season I will accept any apology! 

Newquay AFC are grateful to Ross McOnie for ensuring the clubs SWPL Premier status is secure for 2015-16 season, Ross will be Asst Manager to Sacha next Season. There will be the usual players in and out during the summer, just like every other club in Cornwall, but with a new batch of youngsters coming through the system, Sacha will be spoilt for choice, it will be a busy and interesting pre-season.

Think Newquay should be more grateful to Elmore and Bovey for ensuring their Premier survival ! Good luck to Sacha and Ross, who is a decent bloke who accepted a very difficult task 

I think MaryPoppins, had he/she known anything at all, would have been on here advising everyone of the appointment well before the press embargo was lifted on Weds. It was common knowledge at St Blazey on Saturday afternoon who the next manager would be, yet not a single soul came on here to claim they were 'in the know'.

As for claiming to know where players will come from, he/she did so within hours of reading about the appointment on here, hardly evidence that he/she had 'heard of a raid on the west div'. Would anyone be surprised if players from the top end of the West were approached in June ? I'd suggest he/she knows as much about local football as I do about the politics of Burkino Faso.

Elmore pulling out certainly helped those who found themselves towards the bottom end of the SWPL, Bovey having a mare of a season was no surprise, neighbours Liverton went the same way, must be very difficult to attract players to Gastro Pub Central. Let's not forget, that Falmouth, Camelford and Elburton are all down there fighting to stay off what would have been the 2nd relegation position (thanks again Elmore), but if, and it is a big if St Austell go up, then there would have been just one drop spot anyway.

Ross who is a top man, he has seen many managers come and go in the last 20 years or so, and was charged with one aim only, keep Newquay up. In very simple terms that most will understand, it's job done !  The supporters who have stuck by the club in this transition season knew what was expected and what was likely to happen, only St Austell and Torpoint in Cornwall have bigger crowds in the SWPL, not too bad at all, especially when the neighbours have had good runs to two Cup Finals.

I look forward to marypoppins advising of the Euromillions numbers for this Friday before they are on TV, and how many seats the Tories will lose come May 5th. 

I think MaryPoppins, had he/she known anything at all, would have been on here advising everyone of the appointment well before the press embargo was lifted on Weds. It was common knowledge at St Blazey on Saturday afternoon who the next manager would be, yet not a single soul came on here to claim they were 'in the know'.

As for claiming to know where players will come from, he/she did so within hours of reading about the appointment on here, hardly evidence that he/she had 'heard of a raid on the west div'. Would anyone be surprised if players from the top end of the West were approached in June ? I'd suggest he/she knows as much about local football as I do about the politics of Burkino Faso.

Elmore pulling out certainly helped those who found themselves towards the bottom end of the SWPL, Bovey having a mare of a season was no surprise, neighbours Liverton went the same way, must be very difficult to attract players to Gastro Pub Central. Let's not forget, that Falmouth, Camelford and Elburton are all down there fighting to stay off what would have been the 2nd relegation position (thanks again Elmore), but if, and it is a big if St Austell go up, then there would have been just one drop spot anyway.

Ross who is a top man, he has seen many managers come and go in the last 20 years or so, and was charged with one aim only, keep Newquay up. In very simple terms that most will understand, it's job done !  The supporters who have stuck by the club in this transition season knew what was expected and what was likely to happen, only St Austell and Torpoint in Cornwall have bigger crowds in the SWPL, not too bad at all, especially when the neighbours have had good runs to two Cup Finals.

I look forward to marypoppins advising of the Euromillions numbers for this Friday before they are on TV, and how many seats the Tories will lose come May 5th. 

I knew a week ago but was told to keep quiet till it was common knowledge! Just you wait and see I'm not saying wadebridge players will be there but a few players from the top of the west league teams will be there come pre season 

He will look for players from wadebridge because players follow managers Mary!! My point is if they are below average (below mid table) in west then how will they improve or better Newquay? As for players leaving the top sides then in the west surely top sides like Helston will be getting promotion anyway so why leave a team thats just got promotion

He will look for players from wadebridge because players follow managers Mary!! My point is if they are below average (below mid table) in west then how will they improve or better Newquay? As for players leaving the top sides then in the west surely top sides like Helston will be getting promotion anyway so why leave a team thats just got promotion

There are more the one top side in the west not just Helston! A few of the "better" wadebridge players will be joining along with a couple from the top teams in am the west and the boys he chooses to keep!