Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth AFC - Change of Management Team for the season 2015/2016

As of the end of this season, I have decided that I will step down from my role as 1st Team Manager at Perranporth AFC.  It is not a decision that I have taken lightly but after 23 years of being either a player or manager at the club, the time has come for me to devote more time to my family and ever increasing work commitments.

I will be staying on with the club but my role will move sideways to a position on the committee.  Hopefully I can make a difference there and bring some fresh ideas and eyes to what has for me been a fantastic club to be part of over the last couple of decades.  I will also continue to play for the Veterans Team.

Andy Savage will be coming in to work with Steve Maynard and between them they will take charge of the 1st Team proceedings.  This will be the only foreseen change and both myself and the football club wish them the best of luck for the season 2015/2016.

Mick Lane - Perranporth AFC

Edited by Mclefc

I wanted to come on here and say thank you to Mick and Steve for asking me to come on board at Perranporth. I am really looking forward to working with Steve and the challenges that next season will bring, at what is a great local football club. The welcome has been fantastic.

Once this season finishes the hard work begins as myself and Steve look to turn around fortunes on the pitch, hopefully some goid and exciting times ahead at the valley.

Regards

Andy Savage

Haha cheers Ben, us Army guys tend to move around alot so have to fit as many in as possible. Been involved at some good clubs during my time so far, learnt alot about cornish football, organisation, players etc. Really excited about this challenge.

correct dave foxhole is not a well run club but a very proud history and some hard working committee members who unfortunately lack the forsight of football in 2015 and how to be successful don't worry loads of clubs in Cornwall fall into this category 

No money = no players Ben,hard to compete against wealthier clubs

Interesting comment made earlier in this with regards to having the contacts. Down here you could be the best qualified coach around but it accounts for nothing if you don't have contacts with players. It's evidenced in all leagues that players go to play for the manager and not the club on many occasions

who are wealthier clubs in your opinion?   wadebridge? they have loads of money 

Blazey Bodmin st Austell Newquay Godolphin sticker st Dennis  all these have money that foxhole didn't n this would b the closest area for players to come from!!!

ask dave bunt for ex players now at these clubs ie whetters,giler n nanks at st Austell,Lewis prince n Ryan holland at sticker,Mark Rowe n Carl Rickard at st Dennis etc etc etc,these are just a few but have defo played at foxhole before