Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday March 21st 2015

Recommended Posts

Premier Dvision

Lamerton            1v1              Lostwithiel

Padstow United      PvP              St Columb Major

Saltash United   4v5              Pelynt

St Newlyn East   1v9             St Stephen                         

Division 1

Biscovey              4v0              LC Phoenix

Foxhole Stars     0v2              Premier Sixes

Godolphin Atlantic          1v4              Edgcumbe FC

St Minver            3v3              St Cleer                                               

Division 2

Callington Town                8v1              Packhorse Athletic

Calstock               6v3              Holywell and Cubert

North Hill            0v0              Gunnislake

St Neot    3v2           St Dennis

Sticker     5v0           Lifton   

Division 3

Gorran     0v3           Queens Rangers

Grampound Reserves    5v2              St Breward

St Cleer Reserves             0v11              Veryan

St Stephen Res    1v0           Lanivet Inn

Tintagel                   1v1          Boscastle                            

Division  4

Godolphin Atlantic Reserves       1v5              St Merryn

High Street         3v1              Tregrehan Mills

Lanreath              2v2              Delabole United

Southgate           0v1              Pelynt Reserves              

Wadebridge Town           2v3              St Minver Reserves                        

Division 5

Boscastle Reserves         1v4              Kilkhampton

Pensilva               6v2              Saltash United Res

Roche      1v3           Padstow United Res

St Dennis Res     0v1              Real Saltash

St Mawgan Reserves      2v1              Week St Mar


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Important win in Division 3 for Grampound Reserves:-

Grampound Res. 5-2 St Breward

Score difference might have been higher if Grampound had not been down to 10 men on the half-hour when 3-0 up. St Breward pulled the score back to 3-2 before Grampound reorganised and scored twice to make it a comfortable scoreline in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saltash 4 Pelynt 5 - The visitors raced into a 3 goal lead only to take their foot off the accelerator and let the home team back into it. At 2 -3 Saltash were the stronger side but a Pelynt penalty increased their advantage. Saltash got back into it to close the defecit but Pelynt scored again towards the end. A late Saltash goal made the final few minutes tense but the visitors held on for all 3 points. Pelynt scorers Ryan Oxley 3, Anthony Harman 2

Edited by Columbia
Link to comment
Share on other sites


St.Stephen won 9-1 at St.Newlyn East who are now just one point away from relegation from the Premier Division. Jamie Bullock scored in the 5th minute, Kyle Willmott in the 15th minute and Richard Avery in the 35th minute of a very one sided half. It got worse in the second when St Stephen scored 6 more with goals on 50 minutes from Craig Coad and Ross Dunn with a 52nd minute penalty. Newlyn scored through Scott Taylor in the 67th minute, but they then had a player booked and sent off for his second yellow card and from the penalty Kyle Willmott made it 1-6 on 70 minutes. St Stephen had a goal disallowed for offside, but they weren't finished and a further goal from Craig Coad following a throw in came in the 77th minute. Newlyn had another player red carded on 78 minutes, a straight red this time and a minute later Ross Dunn scored again this time with a powerful shot inside the area to make it 1-8.  Craig Coad rounded off the scoring on 84 minutes for his hat trick. St Stephen could have had more but for outstanding saves from the Newlyn keeper. 

Lamerton secured their place in the Premier Division with a one all home draw with Lostwithiel. A fine game of end to end football saw Richard Searle of Lamerton trade goals with Martyn Jones as honours ended even.

Saltash United and Pelynt featured in a thrilling game which Pelynt won 5-4. The visitors were three nil up before Saltash hit back with two goals before half time. The second half was very even. Pelynt stretched their lead to 5-3 and then faced another comeback from the home side before holding on for the win. Ryan Oxley scored a hat trick for Pelynt, one from the spot with Antony Harman adding a brace. Saltash replied through Karl Whitehead, a Lee Jacketts penalty, and from substitutes Tom Easson and Jack Lowden

St.Cleer continued their battle for Division One survival with an excellent three all draw at St.Minver which in turn hampers the host’s promotion challenge. Andy Seymour scored a brace for St.Minver with Jason Northcott completing their scoring. St.Cleer replied with a Zak Peel brace and a Liam Donaghy goal.

Godolphin Atlantic with just one game remaining face an anxious end to the season after losing 4-1 at home to Edgcumbe and remain just clear of the bottom two. Aidan Martin scored for Godolphin, but Edgcumbe ended any lingering relegation fears with goals from Luke Jones (2) and James Carhart (2).

Premier Sixes looked doomed to relegation a month ago but 3 wins out of their last 4 league games has seen them move out of the bottom two. A daunting away trip to champions elect Foxhole saw Sixes triumph 2-0 and gain revenge for the contentious cup defeat a month ago. Foxhole with title hiccups were the better team early on in the first half with Richard Grifin hitting the post from 20 yards. Sixes responded by changing to a more attack minded formation and it paid off four minutes after the restart as Peter Ling scored his first goal of the season. Adam Pickin for the second week running had a goal disallowed for Sixes as they looked to put the tie out of reach. Foxhole introduced their new signing Martyn Probert who is P6’s leading all-time scorer with 30 minutes to go but he failed to induce a fightback, with his replacement at Sixes Pete Ling ironically sealing the win in the last few minutes with his second goal.

Biscovey are making a late bid for promotion and with those above dropping points a 4-0 win over LC Phoenix raises their hopes. They were much better in the first half with Tom Pickering and a Lee Budge brace having them three ahead. Phoenix improved after the break and the game was quite even. James McAvoy scored late on to complete the home win.

The Division Two title race was blown wide open after St.Dennis went down 3-2 at St.Neot. They raced into a two goal lead from Nathan Hugh and Paul Rowe but then missed a crucial penalty. This raised the spirits of the home team who fought back to win with a Charlie Coates brace and a Dan Chapman goal.

Sticker had a comfortable 5-0 win over Lifton to keep their title hopes alive. Jack Boardman and Gus Angilley scored a brace apiece with Alex Keast completing the home tally.

Callington Town stay in contention after thrashing Packhorse Athletic 8-1. Kieran Prescott scored a hat trick and new signing Ricky Coton a brace. Liam Bryant, James Pascoe and Darren Woolley added a goal apiece for the hosts with Packhorse replying from the penalty spot.

Calstock beat Holywell/Cubert Athletic 6-3. Mike Brown and Jan Humphrey scored a brace apiece for Calstock with Lee Webb and Barry Hemmett adding their other goals. Connor Drew, Mike Deacy and Aidan Reek replied for Holywell.

North Hill and Gunnislake finished goalless.

Veryan won a third successive championship after a thumping eleven nil win at St.Cleer reserves. They got over the line for the Division Three title after their only remaining rivals Boscastle failed to win. Bobby Lee-Johns, Alex Pearce and Kai Pearce all scored hat tricks with Martin O’Callaghan and Craig Phillips completing the rout.

Boscastle were held one all at Tintagel, but are only one point from guaranteed promotion as runners up. Shaun Keeble scored for Tintagel with Dan Capstick replying for Boscastle.

St.Stephen reserves picked up three crucial points in the battle to avoid relegation from Division Three. A game of many chances against Lanivet Inn was decided by a lone goal. Matt Bromhead striking in a shot in the 28th minute from just outside the edge of the area into the bottom corner. Both sides threatened but there was no further scoring.

Gorran remain bottom after losing three nil at home to Queens Rangers. Jamie Seery scored a brace with Matt Bale adding the visitor’s other goal.

Lanreath’s late revival continued with a two all home draw with Delabole United. The club remain bottom of Division Four but still hold hopes of survival. James Barrett and Andy Livingstone scored for Lanreath with Jordan Blanchard and Dean Favreau replying.

Wadebridge Town are relegated after losing 3-2 at home to local rivals St.Minver reserves. Nathan Osborne and Jamie Chapman scored for the hosts whose lack of experience throughout the season proved their downfall.

Godolphin Atlantic reserves’ young players are having a nightmare end to the season as they were beaten 5-1 at home by title rivals St.Merryn and see their gap at the top decrease further.

High Street jump up to second leapfrogging local rivals Tregrehan Mills. Jake Mansell scored all three goals in a 3-1 win with Sam Rowse getting the Tregrehan goal.

Division Five leaders Kilkhampton were far from their best but still gained a sixteenth straight league win after beating Boscastle reserves away from home. Adam James, Liam Faio, Ryan Wilshire and Lee Gardiner were the visitor’s marksmen.

Real Saltash remain on course for promotion after a fine 1-0 win at St.Dennis with Harry Crofts scoring the only goal.

Roche entertained Padstow United reserves in another promotion clash. Padstow started well moving the ball around well. They took the lead with a low shot after 20 minutes. After this Roche took control and pressed Padstow back. Roche missed some clear cut chances and struck the Padstow bar. But they couldn't get level and when a long range effort hit a divot and looped up into the net over the keeper who had the original shot covered Padstow doubled their lead. Five minutes before the break a good move saw Padstow increase their lead. In the second half Padstow were on top but didn't add to their advantage although they did strike the bar with a superb lob. Both keepers made great saves before Roche won a penalty late on to make the final score 1-3.


Pensilva beat Saltash United reserves 6-2. Matt Trevorrow scored a brace for Pensilva with Marc Tuck, Scott Brown, Andy Cobb and Paul Kerr completing their tally. Saltash replied through Ashley Luscombe and Matt Warne.

St.Mawgan reserves were 2-1 winners at home to Week St.Mary. Lee Bryant scored both home goals with Ben Smeeth pulling a goal back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone who likes dissecting big scores, the St Cleer vs Veryan (0-11) goal were scored in the following minutes:

First half: 6m, 8m, 16m, 18m, 26m, 36m

Second half: 52m, 58m, 65m, 73m, 74m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I was, I ventured to St Cleer for the first time this century. The last time I went there, they were an ECPL outfit. It was a choice between Fowey and St Cleer but as I'm not crystal on where Fowey play (It's not Squires Field) I opted for one I knew for definite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Willow tree u choose a nice day for it up at st cleer and you got to see a few goals haha!!

duchy 3 

Veryan clinched the title after this emphatic away win away to st cleer in an 11:0 victory with some great goals!! 3 hat tricks were scored bobbly lee johns, alex pearce and kai pearce (aka ken pearce)! The other two goals were scored by craig phillips and martyn o'callghan. Not sure who got mom for this game! For me probably ken pearce banging in a hattrick off the bench and playing out of position as hes usually a centre back!!( he also missed two sitters?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...