Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC vs Famouth Town

Abandoned matches are generally replayed on a "cup-tie" basis - ie everything is shared, gate receipts and costs.

A quote from the Non League Matters Forum. I wasn't aware of this but I presume it doesn't apply at SWPL level. It refers to Truro having to replay their game against Corby.

Abandoned matches are generally replayed on a "cup-tie" basis - ie everything is shared, gate receipts and costs.

A quote from the Non League Matters Forum. I wasn't aware of this but I presume it doesn't apply at SWPL level. It refers to Truro having to replay their game against Corby.

The original game was abandoned after 30mins, re-admission tickets were issued to all spectators for use in any SWPL match at Mount Wise Stadium upto and including the re-arranged match. I have no idea what league rulings may apply, I'm sure the two clubs know what is what.

As for the match today, I'm still struggling to get my head around how it can be deemed deliberate handball, when it is blasted at you from a yard and you have no chance of getting any part of your body out of the way. In this instance, the ball struck Coopers arm which was across his chest. If it was deemed to have prevented a goal (Cooper was a yard off the goal-line), then the rules state he must be sent off, rather than a yellow. Fast track ref Ben Judd, screws up again !

Awful game, neither side could claim to have the upper hand for more than 5mins. Newquay equaliser (after the dodgy penalty converted by Squires) was a complete fluke. Josh Fearon crossed in from the left, the ball sailed over Peters into the far top corner. The Peppermints should have taken control but allowed Falmouth off the hook, no surprise when Rob Wearne headed home from close range unchallenged.

A fair crowd of 116 at Newquay, considering the big St Austell game was on down the road.

A very one sided report from nemesis. Yet again blaming the referee. Have you ever officiated a game. No credit to Falmouth town nemesis????

With comments like that, it's little wonder that most folk have given up reporting on games on this forum.

Yes, the ref got it wrong one way or the other, either it was deliberate handball which prevented a goal, in which case the man must be sent off or it wasn't deliberate handball and play continues. if I'm wrong, then please advise of the correct ruling in such a circumstance ? One sided report, it was hardly a report and if you read again, I clearly state the Newquay goal was a fluke. As a Newquay supporter, why would I praise the opposition unless they were outstanding, obviously. It was a game between two sides that cancelled each other out, by fair means or foul, not one that will live in the memory.

If you want a non-biased report, speak to a neutral or newspaper reporter (I was off-duty yesterday, other than behind the lens). When I do reports for the Newquay Voice, they are always neutral, but you wouldn't be interested in that fact.

Newquay were awful and Falmouth not much better although they did put some good moves together. There young right back looks a player for the future. The result was no fault of the ref although the sending off seemed pointless ( I was 80 yards away !!).
Again I do not understand Newquays line up/ tactics...it looked 4.1.1.4 which gave Middsy in holding midfield no chance as the ball was moved on as soon as he tried to close down, in my opinion the problem all season until Lewis was home who also plays holding but able to spring forward.

Have to agree with wellpasssedit. Would also help if Newquay front men were able to hold ball up better and wait for support. The full backs too rarely ventured beyond halfway, perhaps fearful of being left exposed. A disappointing result and even more disappointing game and none of this the fault of the referee who was no better or worse than usual .