Cornwall Football Forum

RIP David Osborne (Devil)

So sorry to hear about Dave Osborne passing away i use to see him when i was down at the hospital . I myself have not been well lately because my kidney cancer returned and i have been having radiotherapy i was going up to watch Newquay vs Bodmin tonight but didnt feel well enough to go up . Pass all my condolences on to Daves family he will be misses terribly at mt wise .

Really sad news . Devil was one of the biggest characters I have come across in local football . A top bloke who really welcomed me to Newquay when I first got involved there in the nineties . He has given a great deal and I loved his take on the laws of the game when refereeing . RIP.

Really sorry to hear this sad news. Think Devil did every job going at Newquay over the years. First remember him when I was about 16 playing for the Peppermints and latterly as a ref. Never changed, big character, came across as tough but had a heart of gold really and loved a joke and a laugh. Bad week for cornish football with Dev and Bill leaving us too soon. RIP Dev x

Really sorry to hear this sad news. Think Devil did every job going at Newquay over the years. First remember him when I was about 16 playing for the Peppermints and latterly as a ref. Never changed, big character, came across as tough but had a heart of gold really and loved a joke and a laugh. Bad week for cornish football with Dev and Bill leaving us too soon. RIP Dev x