Cornwall Football Forum

I should imagine that some teams are finding it difficult at this time of year to get the money together for general costs of running a football club like insurance, affiliations etc. not every club has the luxury or experience of keeping funds back for the following season. its not like asking a sponsor for a new kit or polo shirts were they can get advertising.

it,s all about sponsorship events etc.... making your club a success it,s tough but if put work in and people pay subs etc... and for kit you obviously need decent sponsors, who do sometimes help some clubs with pitch fees, affiliations etc.

It,s hard times we live in just means everyone has to muck in and do their bit and try make the money paid out a good sum of it back by events running at club, auctions, club nights, and with world cup being on at the moment chances clubs get together have curry night etc while watching games and make the club some money couple quid a head and your making it, just takes everyone to buy in to what you wanna achieve and that,s down to club get that across and players who play for club to understand.

We ran a 5 a-side tournament last year and will again this year, BBQ going, lots teams their spending whole day took time and planning but made it success nearly made back our affiliation costs, just few ideas :) but yes its hard with costs going up all time

Ted (postman pat) is making the point that to field 2 sides for the forthcoming season through league entry, county affiliation and kit and equipment required can cost the best part of £1200.......not cheap is it? especially if a club hasn't finished the previous season with much in the way of petty cash.

I will admit we had to have a bit of a crisis meeting on Monday over this very topic and have sent out a bit of a plea for assistance otherwise may find ourselves up a smelly creek with a severe lack of paddling equipment!!! I'm sure we are not the only ones but luckily it seems people are waking up to the fact that playing football needs a bit of pride and commitment in your local club and also a little bit of effort in the whole sponsorship/fund raising dept

Pitty I obviously knew of your situation but sadly Holmans is not the only club that are in the same paddless boat. in our community of football you are always meeting people and get talking about your own club. me personally i believe that lots of people do not know what goes on off the pitch to keep a football club going.