Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay v Saltash

The first half saw Newquays youngsters turn it on again, you would not have known which side were potential champions. Once again, the ref denied The Peppermints an obvious penalty, silly little man, same one who robbed Newquay when 2-1 up v Barnstaple in the Vase.

Anyway, second half, Saltash made two half time subs and stormed out of the blocks, 2 quick goals (although the 2nd was offside) rocked the young Mints. The Ashes superiority told in the end as Newquay ran out of steam, Friday night at Parkway will be interesting for those attending. Other than the result, the major disappointment was the lack of Saltash fans, less than a dozen for a side who could be title holders in 2 games time.

Well done Newquay, cracking first half, congrats to Saltash who turned on the style at times in the 2nd half.

Sorry Nemesis, but you are totally wrong on several points.

Whilst you have a good set of youngsters at Newquay, it was quite obvious which team were in the top three.

If you were not so blatantly biased, you would admit that from the position you were in the ground, you would not have had a good of the so called "obvious" penalty or the 2nd quick goal, which was not offside.

Nobody is going to come on & say how poor their team was tho pastyman, he is only doing what most supporters would do & try & make out it was ok, or they competed, or had players missing etc. You have to give him credit that nemesis will always stand by the peppermints & not put the knife into them. Credit to him.

Sorry Nemesis, but you are totally wrong on several points.

If you were not so blatantly biased, you would admit that from the position you were in the ground, you would not have had a good of the so called "obvious" penalty or the 2nd quick goal, which was not offside.

Nemesis biased........... Never!!! lol

Certainly made a very exciting end to the season and IMO made the league more vibrant and interesting.

Add to the mixture that a club,Exmouth have also taken promotion makes the league look better.

Bodmins dominance and failure to take promotion had made the league as predictable and boring as F1.

As all roads on Friday lead to Bolitho Park .

I think they are about mid table in the attendance tables but I have to agree that they have had a great season showing improvement in the last part of the season.

I think the game tonight could be a feisty affair but should be very entertaining. I cant attend but will be looking for updates, good luck to both teams but especially to the officials!!!!

MQx