Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Man City try to keep up with Barcelona last night was something, and I think great credit is due to City for coming away with a 2-1 defeat. If Arsenal had played Barca last night, on tonight's performance, they would have been destroyed. Terrible performance tonight from Arsenal. Not sure how else to describe that. Got it all to do now!!

I do not have Sky either. Only really saw the 2nd half (streamed it on the laptop). Not sure what went wrong. Giroud missed a couple of golden opportunities, one was virtually an open goal, 8 yards out, blasted miles over the bar. Another clear header, missed by miles. Welbeck had a shot blocked from going in the goal by Walcott (over the bar - goal kick). So we did have some possession and chances, but defensively, totally naïve. Going forward, lose the ball, BFG only defender against pace, not a chance! Didn't see 1st half, and their first goal, but at 0-1, we were controlling the start to the second half. But, on about 55 mins, were must have had 9 players in and around the opposition penalty area, play breaks to Monaco, and they run up the other end and score. Why lose the shape as badly as that? Awful. Gibbs was off-form, and only passed the ball backwards. Just off the pace of the game. At 2 nil, Monaco controlled things, very relaxed, comfortable on the ball. Arsenal chased, and looked more ragged as it went on. then, The Ox pulls a great goal back, only to then lose possession himself with 30 seconds to go, and they run up the other end (again) with no defence to worry about, and score. Can't fathom it. Great players on show, not firing together at all.

I actually still think we can do it. The team has some great players in it, and I think they will be hard pushed to put another performance in quite as lacklustre as that. But the smart money is on Monaco to progress!

Fair assessment. As I say, missed the first half, but from what I did see, Arsenal could have won had they put their (relatively easy) chances away. But they didn't. It did get worse as it went on. A bit desperate. Cazorla was good, Gibbs awful, Mertesacker nightmare as you say, Koschelny all over the place. Just not up for it on the night, when it mattered.

Understatement ,over paid under worked if you can't get yourself up for a Champs League game ,go forth and fornicate, the board has such low expectations not worried about trophies,but income from getting in the champs league ,perhaps not getting in this season might make them wake up and smell the coffee and not count the coppers?

Fresh blood from the top silent Stan out in usmanov, dein back gazides out Arsene to move upstairs bring in an experienced manager,we pay top money so should not be a problem , revamp the backroom staff look at the training far to many injuries , then the players ,release several fringe players buy if they will come some class ,use the youth section to fill squad ,will take a few seasons not a short time fix , but as gooners we have been waiting 10 years for a title ,and be competitive which we haven't for several seasons , clubs come to the Emirates and realise they can get a result, when there was Highbury clubs did not like the place to play . No coincidence that since David Dean was ousted we have not won a title.

COYS - 2-1 in the bag, no penalties needed.

should be a close game , but can't they draw and share the wretched cup ,dislike Maureen, and don't like the trotts , such a shame they are both in the final, ,if spurs win bragging rights ,if they lose it will be only the league cup, such is life

Good news is we have 139 million in the bank. Hmmmm, where should we spend it???

sorry homer have I missed something? ,some papers ( paper talk) say there is 50 mill to spend on players ? I think that would buy one decent striker , would have thought there is more the shirt sponsorship, revenue from the emirates,the sky money ,various other deals ?,and of course, we have Stan who took 3 million out last year ,get rid let usmanov buy him out at least he is a fan ,being a good businessmen the players and staff would have to up their game.

Silent Stan seems to only turn up at the club for the agm, usmanov is at most home matches and they won't allow him on the board ,perhaps because he was backed by David Dein ,who was some how ousted ,the man who brought Arsene to Highbury ,negotiated for Denis Berkamp among many others to the club ,when he was on board the club were winning trophies ,coincidence? I don't think so ,now we have gazides a man who makes money for Stan of the USA ,but can't bring a trophy to the club, great being in the black but the trophy cabinet is a bit bare.

Is this the longest running thread ever, time to close it perhaps ? We know the same old arguments, jibes and banter will run on and on and on ..........  :)  :mellow:

or could it be a good original post ? Ha ha , Keith Arsenal create a lot of attention in the media for the style of play and the way the club is run ( rightly or wrongly) ,and when things go tips up the media are over it like a rash ,if fellow posters are fed up with the post it will be finished ,but if the spuds win today they will be over this post like a rash ,which I am trying not to think of .

Thought we hung on today and a couple of good tackles from Gabriel saved us ,the build up at times was slow ,which you don't expect from the gunners 3 points though and spuds losing pity it was to chelskie ,wish they could have both lost

Good win at ot thought the ref was very good DiMaria in serious trouble for grabbing the ref ,if utd did have Degea they would have conceded more ,this is only on the second half as I missed the first half , the gunners don't get many results at man utd home ,but pleased with this one

Unlucky older ,the best team won tonight utd roughhouse tactics didn't work ,at last the gunners have a bit of steel in midfield ,still need some quality in the next window , Arsene has at present has got the fans on side ,still away to go to retain the cup ,but The Arsenal have a fighting chance.

Where are the calls for Wenger's head? Do the Gunners supporters only moan when they lose. Tut tut. Wenger doesn't have to get the supporters on side. The true Gunners never doubted. Best man for the job, win or lose.

yes us fans love a moan ha ha . I must say I have had doubts. About Arsene .that maybe he has lost that winning mentality .like all fans we want to win everything. Still a long way to go till the end of season .and no trophies yet ..the players have belief.fingers crossed they.can turn the result on its head against Monacco .Arsene has a great legacy at Arsenal .the Emirates .the training facilities at Colony .a great style of football .Henry.Viera .Pires among many who has graced the club ..I hope he can win some more .but he is getting older .perhaps. his greatest legacy is still to come ? Maybe he already has in mind who will continue his vision when he goes ?

• 2 weeks later...

What a win today four great strikes .upstaged by Charlie Adams shot inside his own half .must be contender for Goal of the season . Alexis Sanchez  top  player .great signing .a couple more of this quality and the gunners can really push on 

Does make me laugh with all the Goons.

They are having a little run.So out comes Merson ,Nicholas,and others saying 2 more quality signings and they can win the Premiership.

Messi and Ronaldo.???????????????

Now now sss green eyed monster. Ha ha .yes a good run but some iffy results earlier in the season has cost the league challenge this season . yes ex gunners are probably right about a couple of quality signings to challenge next season .but who ?  I think some will go and a couple in . sss will spurs push on next season .new stadium to finance ?  Or will they have to let Kane go .spurs best player by far .he would get in most prem leagues starting line up ?  Hope he stays as he will play every week for spurs and be good for England in the future . fingers crossed he has another good season next year .but will prem defenders find him out ?

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky Arsenal? Crap. Don't get fooled by listening to that crap Shearer and his mates crack on about. Reading played well, raised their game, yes, they had to, and limited Arsenals dominance. But the better team won. Reading were not robbed, they were beaten on the day by the better team. I'm gloating. Get in there, FA Cup Final here we come. The Royals can buggger off back from where they came. YEEESSSSS!!!!

Mangle we went through on a fortunate goal . Reading got their tactics spot on . we were slow on the build up . not sure what has happened with Theo and leprof. But some things not right . pleased we are in the final  but wasn't pretty .have to up our game to retain the cup .. Will it be Gerrard's final or ex spud Sherwood ? Not sure who I prefer but the best starting eleven need to start .but what do I know .I am only an armchair fan ?  Would be great to retain the cup .and finish second in the league. Pity some silly results earlier in the season cost us points .we perhaps could have been closer to Chelskie 

Lucky Arsenal? Crap. Don't get fooled by listening to that crap Shearer and his mates crack on about. Reading played well, raised their game, yes, they had to, and limited Arsenals dominance. But the better team won. Reading were not robbed, they were beaten on the day by the better team. I'm gloating. Get in there, FA Cup Final here we come. The Royals can buggger off back from where they came. YEEESSSSS!!!!

Off the subject of the fa cup .what do you think we need to strengthen the squad for next season ?  A different type of striker to Giroud (not replacement)  midfielder . defender?  Who do you think will go ? Flamini .poldi. Campbell.and Wellington Siva work permit has been granted