Cornwall Football Forum

Another Wretched Win In the Euro Pub Cup

Embarrassingly, Chelsea insist on getting results in this Euro Pub Cup and it looks as if we're going to win it. When you are the Real Champions of Europe, the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to give it to the poor Spuds who are so desperate to win just anything. Mind you, we couldn't do a lot about their ignominious folding on an edelweiss pasture. Tonight we even gave the opposition the most groundless penalty I've ever seen, yet they still contrived to lose to us.

Anyway, I'd like to thank all the contributors to this site for their sterling support for this top English club and recognition that the Blue Tinners are indeed the only club with any interest in representing your fine nation overseas. If Somersetspur and Older are available in West London on the Sunday of the victory parade I'm sure a cup of tea and three buns each can be arranged :one for each of you and one for Gareth Bale when he puts on a blue shirt because he wants to remain in serious European competition. :yahoo:

I'll look forward to it, Older ! As for "allowed", I have received an approach from a Combination League club in the last fortnight.......and not the one you would assume ! :c::yahoo:

Please don't tell me, let me guess.....................St Day, with Kim Jong Rosenberg as Chairman?

I'll look forward to it, Older ! As for "allowed", I have received an approach from a Combination League club in the last fortnight.......and not the one you would assume ! :c::yahoo:

Please don't tell me, let me guess.....................St Day, with Kim Jong Rosenberg as Chairman?

That would be explosive...a nutter and a nutter !!! One well educated and Isaac !!!

Embarrassingly, Chelsea insist on getting results in this Euro Pub Cup and it looks as if we're going to win it. When you are the Real Champions of Europe, the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to give it to the poor Spuds who are so desperate to win just anything. Mind you, we couldn't do a lot about their ignominious folding on an edelweiss pasture. Tonight we even gave the opposition the most groundless penalty I've ever seen, yet they still contrived to lose to us.

Anyway, I'd like to thank all the contributors to this site for their sterling support for this top English club and recognition that the Blue Tinners are indeed the only club with any interest in representing your fine nation overseas. If Somersetspur and Older are available in West London on the Sunday of the victory parade I'm sure a cup of tea and three buns each can be arranged :one for each of you and one for Gareth Bale when he puts on a blue shirt because he wants to remain in serious European competition. :yahoo:

saffron buns i hope

No, it was a senior club. However, I have always respected the Nancledra and more recently the Halsetown philosophy of football and, I am sure, would feel very at home there. For the moment, God has told me to stick with Thrupp and Brimscombe FC, who have been promoted four times in succession (three since my arrival) and will be playing at Step Six next season.... :)

I've told them about the transfiguring brilliance of Shane Richards and how cheap the petrol would be from Camborne to Stroud, but the sticking point in the deal is that we were told we'd have to sign his agent Matt Harris as well and let him build Brimscombe's new stand (condition of going up to Step Six).

I expect John Roberts could plumb in a couple of disabled toilets for us.

Perhaps we ought to get Kevin Heaney up to Gloucestershire to give his opinion too before we go any further.

Oh dear. We've done it again. I was hopeful at half time when Basel took the lead that Chelsea would have a rest. But no. And they've been given ample warning by all of you on this site. Too many games. Difficult fixtures in the league. Bound to end in tears.

Only three goals better than Tottenham's aggregate against a team from mighty Switzerland. At least Chelsea confined themselves to that, kindly replacing Luis with a child in the second half: they wouldn't want to embarrass the Bale Athletic wannabes before inviting them round for the annual Lineker Memorial Goalfest at the Bridge.

I've ordered the commemorative saffron buns for Older and SS and would like to thank all those friendly neighbouring supporters from less successful clubs for cheering on the Blues, the only serious representatives of Britain in Europe in 2013.

:Santa:

Oh dear. We've done it again. I was hopeful at half time when Basel took the lead that Chelsea would have a rest. But no. And they've been given ample warning by all of you on this site. Too many games. Difficult fixtures in the league. Bound to end in tears.

Only three goals better than Tottenham's aggregate against a team from mighty Switzerland. At least Chelsea confined themselves to that, kindly replacing Luis with a child in the second half: they wouldn't want to embarrass the Bale Athletic wannabes before inviting them round for the annual Lineker Memorial Goalfest at the Bridge.

I've ordered the commemorative saffron buns for Older and SS and would like to thank all those friendly neighbouring supporters from less successful clubs for cheering on the Blues, the only serious representatives of Britain in Europe in 2013.

:Santa:

Well, thankyou Isaac - can't wait fer me bun me ansum.

• 2 weeks later...

MAGNIFICENT CHELSEA !

All hail the only British club ever to hold the Champions League and the Europa League simultaneously. In a year in which British football was an absolute joke in Europe, Frank Lampard and the Blue Tinners rescue the national reputation. Particular thanks to all the Spurs supporters for your patriotic support.

Easy, isn't it ? Good luck next year to the Bale-free Spuds who'll be trying to win it back,going to all those places in Slovenia and San Marino and what not to get through the group stage to play the serious sides who drop down from the Champions League for the knock-out rounds. It must feel like you're a Southern League team trying to get through to the third round of the FA Cup.

Hope to see you down in West London for your tea and buns. It's a crap trophy anyway. I've had the Combo Cup in bed with me and I think it looks better!

Want'un, do'ee ?