Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Torpoint Athletic - Fri 21st Sept - 7.30pm

I see Stuart Dudley's much hyped side at the start of the season struggled against a very poor Torpoint outfit last night. Saltash for me have had a very poor start to the campaign with the players they have at their disposal, Yet Dudley still walks around with an air of arrogance??? I think He needs to realise that having more badges then a cub scout leader doesn't guarentee results!! As an Ashes fan I would love to see where a manager of the calibre of a Dave Leonard or Dave Jones could take our talented squad!!!

Not to sure?? Even Kev's spell in charge we were playing much better stuff then we are at the minute. And to be fair to Kev He is really no more then a bucket man that got chucked in at the deep end (Which couldn't of been easy for him due to his little legs)!!! :clapper:

I had really high hopes under Dudley but have been hugely dissapointed!!! Alot of the Signings dont look good enough, Maddison looks like he should be good but is completely in-effective with absolutely NO end product and the others are along the same lines!! We have tried to strenghen by signing a handfull of the poorer LISKEARD players??? Hopefully their is a turnaround in form soon.

Not to sure?? Even Kev's spell in charge we were playing much better stuff then we are at the minute. And to be fair to Kev He is really no more then a bucket man that got chucked in at the deep end (Which couldn't of been easy for him due to his little legs)!!! :clapper:

I had really high hopes under Dudley but have been hugely dissapointed!!! Alot of the Signings dont look good enough, Maddison looks like he should be good but is completely in-effective with absolutely NO end product and the others are along the same lines!! We have tried to strenghen by signing a handfull of the poorer LISKEARD players??? Hopefully their is a turnaround in form soon.

Au contrere mon frere..... Im 52 years old and havn't kicked a ball in many a moon!! As a "fan" are you not aloud to voice your concern on here as to what uconsider a poor start and performances that seem to have gone backwards. If I thought this forum was a "Cheerleading" contest i would never have posted. When there good rest assured Ill praise them. Haha.... Thats a very educated comment "Judge at the end of the season", Try telling that to the premiership managers out of work at christmas. Unfortunetly football isn't like that, your judged on the present!!! Unless your gonna tell me Dudley has a 5 year plan. :(

Au contrere mon frere..... Im 52 years old and havn't kicked a ball in many a moon!! As a "fan" are you not aloud to voice your concern on here as to what uconsider a poor start and performances that seem to have gone backwards. If I thought this forum was a "Cheerleading" contest i would never have posted. When there good rest assured Ill praise them. Haha.... Thats a very educated comment "Judge at the end of the season", Try telling that to the premiership managers out of work at christmas. Unfortunetly football isn't like that, your judged on the present!!! Unless your gonna tell me Dudley has a 5 year plan. :(

Huh?? Im not sure i wanna confront the manager over poor performances at peninsula level.

If I have hurt Richard Maddison with my "scolding attack" of his football ability, Id like to publicly say im NOT at all sorry. This is mens football not under 11's...... And if its all the same with you, id like to voice my opinions from behind the saftey of my keyboard.

Many Thank

Give credit to Torpoint Athletic, they have improved in recent week and look a far better team than when i saw them play Newquay.

At no point did I expect us to be competing with the likes of Bodmin Town at the top of the league! Stuart Dudley has assembled a side within a limited budget and I think given time they will be around the top at the end of season.

I think as supporters we do have a right to comment, but let's not get personal.

Personal...... By saying I didn't think a lad is doing enough to effect games in the final 3rd. Are we really that sensitive???

And this is from "Pastyman" Who absolutely slaughtered Shane Krac on here for a tackle on Drummond which wasn't even deemed a foul..... Ironic that.

The budget comment is also ridiculous, for this level Saltash's budget is by no means low. EXCUSE MENTALITY springs to mind!!!!

If the report reads correct, I'm sure 3 out of the 4 goalscorers where 3 of "liskeard weaker players" from last season, to put saltash 3rd in the league, 1 point behind top spot, with an interesting game against Bodmin this Friday when anything can happen, going by previous seasons I'd say this has been saltash's best start for a number of years "the pragmatist "

Yeah cracking start.... We've manged to get knocked out of a cup, drop awful points to Blazey, Torpoint ect.... And are already off the pace without really playing anyone of real note.

The win against Elburton was a good 1 without ever looking spectacular.

If as I suspect you are one of the poorer Liskeard players or potentially a parent riting on their behalf, Please dont take my comments personally. Football is all about opinions and unfortunely apart from Kanache who is a goal threat from midfield (but still needs to get fit), The others "I" think are not good enough.

Get a grip mate, didn't realise saltash where Barcelona. If you are so called fan of saltash united I'm sure they wouldn't want you bringing this unwanted criticism of the club which has had a good solid start. This is swpl football. No player in this league is perfect else they wouldn't be playing this standard.

I agree at times, but we wouldnt be playing this standard if every delivery was pinpoint now would we. Why not tell me to my face rather than trying to stir it on a forum, very mature. 1 game doesn't make an individual so the fact your trying to slate me on the evidence of 1 game suggest you haven't been to the rest of them, else you wouldn't of come to this conclusion because stats don't lie. Enough said your boring me now. I think I'll go up the park and practice my crossing for you. #helmet

Regards

Richard I seem to have hit a nerve :angry: . Its only my opinion and to be honest I think if you were to take it on board without taking it personally you have all the other attributes to be a top top player. By your reply on here I can now see that your just another good young player that cant take constructive criticism or be told anything. Shame really.

O and Richard I know stats dont lie but they also tend to be a little more accurate then "6 or 7 assists". #Fibber

Enjoy your evening up the park. I look forward to seeing an improvment friday!! Up The Ashes.... :thumbsup:

I can take criticism off people/players/mangers that have the balls to put a name and face to their comments which you still haven't done, so to be honest it means nothing. Hit a nerve.... No. Just bored of people bashing players on here hiding behind names when they haven't a clue on what they're talking about. As for the stats, that was a rough guess as I didn't want to shame your post anymore so than you have yourself !.

Your a right fiesty little bugger..... I hope i see some of that aggression Friday night!!

Good luck for friday, Hopefully we go down there and get a result. Anyway iv got to dash, this cooking lark is harder then it looks.

See you at the game, If you score I may by you a can of coke and reveil my true identity??? :ph34r:

Jolly ho Dickie. X

I just wonder where "ThePragmatist" has suddenly appeared from!

As Maddie has already stated, if he was "more talented", he might well being playing for Arsenal, Man city or Liverpool. But he is graced with talents that allow him to play at local level and is, I guess happy to play for "the ashes".

Personally, I thought "the ashes" had a great game last night and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. This despite the "agricultural" efforts of certain Elburton players, who know who there are.

I hope to be at the Bodmin Town v Saltash United game on Friday, so would love to chat over the finer elements of the game with "ThePragmatis". Thats if he/she wants to reveal their identity. But I very much doubt it. But we will see.

Not a cheerleading contest, but i don't think a real 'fan' would publicly criticise individual players and state they are not good enough blah blah blah.

Grow a pair and tell Duds to his face instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Why dont you do the same then RobVP....you seem to be hiding behind a keypad....pot kettle springs to mind