Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth to renew rivalry with Newquay (Tuesday 4th.Sept)

SWPL Premier.Tuesday 4th.September 7-30pm ko

Falmouth Town v Newquay (SWPL Div.1 W.Champions)

For the first time in 6 seasons Newquay are back at Bickland Park

From the programme-

Karl Turner set to make his 150th appearance

Trivia-

Newquay were the First and the Last club to visit Bickland Park in the Old South Western League.

Should be a good turnout of Peppermints fans for this one, just a shame the Ressies are tied up at Goonhavern the same evening.

Can anyone confirm admission price, any additional charge for Seating and price of Programme please, thanks.

are you going to falmouth or watching the rezzies??

i will be at the rezzies game thast all mate.

Sorry bud, I will be at Falmouth, have been looking forward to this one for a bleddy long time. Perhaps you could race over for the 2nd half ?

Anyway, in addition to me requests above, do Falmouth have a tea bar and pasties or other hot food ?

Hi Nemesis-we have an excellent refreshment bar serving Burgers, bacon rolls, tea & Coffee, crisps, chocolate, soup and more!! No pasties at Bickland..we leave that to the experts!! The clubhouse offers beverages of the non & alcoholic variety plus..!!

We look forward to seeing you at Bickland Park tomorrow night!!

Sorry bud, I will be at Falmouth, have been looking forward to this one for a bleddy long time. Perhaps you could race over for the 2nd half ?

Anyway, in addition to me requests above, do Falmouth have a tea bar and pasties or other hot food ?

i only live a couple of miles from goonhavern plus gotta pick up me boy from work right after!!

Josh Harris has returned to The Peppermints, signed this afternoon I understand, even the SWPL were surprised and pleased that Godolphin waived the 7 day notice, thanks must go to the neighbours.

Josh came on as a Sub with about 25mins to go, was very good indeed, skillful and quick down the right hand side. Looked even better in a Newquay kit tonight, we wore white shorts for the first time in years, much to the delight of those who think it is a better look with Red & White striped shirts - most hate the black shorts and tolerate the occasional use of red ones.

Shame the game was won by a poor free kick which slipped through the 'keepers hands. Poor game overall, neither side got going til the last 10mins. £5 admission, no extra charge for seating, £1 programme which is poor value for the limited but informative content. Tea (weak), Coffee (Good) 50p. Rough count of 140 (46 from Newquay, would have been more but the Ressies were in action at Goonhavern).

Good banter with Westy, he was honest enough to say he didn't tap in from 0.5ins, always good to visit what most folk agree, is the most 'proper' football ground in the County. However, the seating in the stand needs a damn good clean and on a regular basis I would suggest, they still have a pigeon problem, this time with bird poo and pee. Car Park end looks good but the side terrace and far end are still looking tired, a real shame but I'm sure that with time and a bit of effort, Bickland Park could be brought back to its former self - unless sold off for housing of course. No change in the clubhouse, still a dark place to drink.

Thanks to Falmouth Town for putting up with us, had heard the home fans were less than welcoming to visiting fans at a recent game, we had no trouble at all which helped us get through a turgid game.