Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me with any info on 07597907549

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 21st January

Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Ambrose 2, Luke Wort) 3-0 St Day

Att - 40

Hayle Reserves (George Hatton, Kevin Lawrence, Matt Thomas) 3-0 Mullion

Att - 30

Pendeen Rovers (Jack Ramsey, Tristan Arthur, Glen Carew) 3-0 Holman SC

Att - 40

Perranwell 0-2 Troon (Jason Smeeth, Abdu Sabo)

Att -44

Porthleven Reserves (Steve Williams) 1-2 Newquay Reserves (Andrew Morris, Jack Bray-Evans)

Att - 40

St Agnes (Mike Burn, Duane Britton) 2-1 Wendron United (Matt Roberts)

Att - 65

League Cup Q-F (2pm)

Falmouth Athletic (Ryan Trathen) 1-1 St Ives Town (Curtis Richards)

(4-3 pens)

Att - 35

RNAS Culdrose (Michael Clarke) 1-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jowan May, Jason Roberts, Bryan Hawke)

Att - 15

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 23 15 6 2 65 24 41 51

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 22 14 6 2 74 24 50 48

3 ST AGNES 19 12 5 2 51 26 25 41

4 ILLOGAN RBL 19 12 4 3 64 23 41 40

5 WENDRON UNITED 22 11 5 6 49 36 13 38

6 ST IVES TOWN 20 12 2 6 40 28 12 38

7 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 17 10 3 4 50 29 21 33

8 PENDEEN ROVERS 21 10 3 8 41 39 2 33

9 RNAS CULDROSE 20 9 4 7 53 42 11 30*

10 TROON 19 8 3 8 37 33 4 27

11 PERRANWELL 20 7 5 8 49 36 13 26

12 ST JUST 19 9 2 8 43 34 9 26*

13 HAYLE RESERVES 23 7 5 11 36 49 -13 26

14 ST DAY 21 8 5 8 32 43 -11 25*

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 18 5 6 7 33 45 -12 21

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 25 5 2 18 45 84 -39 17

17 MULLION 22 3 3 16 38 66 -28 12

18 HOLMAN SC 23 3 4 16 25 78 -53 10*

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 24 2 1 21 20 106 -86 7

The comments are coming because people don't like the fact were doing okay nobody thought we would be anywhere involved at all this season after Andy stepped up with a new team. As for no local lads

Kyle Winnan local

Jason Roberts local

Paul Hart local

Dave Broglino local

Ryan Reeve local

Tom Annear played Fal united ( Penryn Athletic) all his youth

Matt Potts local legend

Thats 7 so nobody local hmm how silly How many sides in the combo can say they have squads full of lads just from there town or village.

What people forget is we are a reserve side as well and need to have a squad with players that are good enough to step up and help the first team out when required which we have.

We are under no pressure at all at Penryn. Falmouth little bit different really need to win something this year as the squad which is very good down there has mostly been together now for a couple of seasons as is the same at Illogan.

All the talk about Falmouth and Penryn people seem to forget that both Illogan and St Agnes can go above us both

A few nice comments maybe would be nice in and out when we do well just like Saturday away at Culdrose really hard game boys done excellant dug in and got the result. WELL DONE FELLAS

Well done winno, we know your going great guns, just a little question you say that your players step up and help Andy out when he is short, what do you do when your short do you take from the thirds no! You go out and sign somebody from another club stopping say a young lad progressing from the thirds. How many players have you used from your junior side, or aren't you bothered with them.

Chacewater isn't really local not when your a true ryner! Ryan reeve bench Jason Roberts bench dave bumbadingo bench and your only playing Tom annear coz of his old man is there. So we get a good idea on how local players are treated.

I was born in Penryn 55 The Terrace the main street so if that ain't a true rynner don't know what is!!! Someone godda sit on the bench think ull find those names youve mentioned have started at least 75 percent of games all take turns play well you keep your place!!! Not that it's got a thing to do with u !!!

Had no reason to call on the 3rds yet but would if I had to have helped them out though we are a club at penryn all there to help each other!!!!

How many lads in fal town squad live in Falmouth!!! Same for mawnam, Constantine illogan st day fal ath wendron all clubs pretty impossible to do it!!

The comments on here are funny stupid most of the time but funny and they normally come from the same muppets!!!

The comments are coming because people don't like the fact were doing okay nobody thought we would be anywhere involved at all this season after Andy stepped up with a new team. As for no local lads

Kyle Winnan local

Jason Roberts local

Paul Hart local

Dave Broglino local

Ryan Reeve local

Tom Annear played Fal united ( Penryn Athletic) all his youth

Matt Potts local legend

Thats 7 so nobody local hmm how silly How many sides in the combo can say they have squads full of lads just from there town or village.

What people forget is we are a reserve side as well and need to have a squad with players that are good enough to step up and help the first team out when required which we have.

We are under no pressure at all at Penryn. Falmouth little bit different really need to win something this year as the squad which is very good down there has mostly been together now for a couple of seasons as is the same at Illogan.

All the talk about Falmouth and Penryn people seem to forget that both Illogan and St Agnes can go above us both

A few nice comments maybe would be nice in and out when we do well just like Saturday away at Culdrose really hard game boys done excellant dug in and got the result. WELL DONE FELLAS

Don't forget to add Ashley Thomas to this list,Falmouth boy. :closedeyes: :c:

Wow, Harsh but fair and Mr Motivator. I don't like to comment often on here, but are you really suggesting that a player only plays for the town/village where he lives? If he moves house, should he then move clubs too?

I have moved house more times than I have changed clubs and I have never lived in Penryn, nor was I born there, so are you suggesting that I should of never been allowed to play for them over the past 14 years? I feel like part of the furniture at Penryn, but from your definition, I'm not local! Similar could be said of someone like my good friend Nigel Brabyn who has played for Perranwell for so long, but doesn't live there. Look at what great clubmen the 'perranwell twins' are. I'm sure perranwell are delighted to have them at the club and don't care where they live.

Symon, myself and Kev have a nice mix of youth and experience and our team have more than exceeded the expectations we had at the beginning of the season. We are fortunate that Winno has lots of contacts at this level who have called him and asked if they can join us at Penryn. As for paying, myself and Martin Thom are responsible for the finances of the team, which involves collecting membership fees and sweepstakes money each week from all the players that helps to pay for training, travelling to away games and for putting on food after our home games!

As for the league! Yes, we are competing, just like lots of the Penryn sides I have played in over the years, but with the more recent results, the momentum is probably with Falmouth Town, Illogan and St Agnes. Long way to go yet, its nice to see an open contest this season that is raising lots of interest and debate! Hope everyone's enjoying it? I am!

Mr Motivator and Harsh but fair, who do you play for and where do you live? Any chance of revealing who you are? Keep up the good work fella's!

Matt Potts

Well done winno, we know your going great guns, just a little question you say that your players step up and help Andy out when he is short, what do you do when your short do you take from the

thirds no! You go out and sign somebody from another club stopping say a young lad progressing from the thirds. How many players have you used from your junior side, or aren't you bothered with them.

Are the thirds good enough to step up? That is the question. And given their league position id say no probably not.

I thought this was the results thread not lets have another go at penryn thread,everything thats being said is the same week in week out on here.Icome on this site to find out results and read the match reports not the same old garbage every week about penryn,why not leave these comments off this thread and if you want to say this sort of stuff start a thread.I would like to say i have nothing to with penryn so good luck to them.

No ones having a go, just stating facts I have no problem, justs seems abit fishy that all the better players who are well known for getting paid are coming to penryn, yes they are doing well but alot of these players are playing below there potential, so it's hard to think they are not getting paid. And if they are good for them after all they are travelling a long way, what happens next season when they all go???? Would be nice to see you bring someone through from the junior side like most good clubs do ie Wendron, st Agnes, mullion etc not just bring in some big gun for a change.

Don't bite winno it ain't worth it, all you got to say is name one team in any league in Cornwall that plays only players who are 'local' it's impossible to do!!

What do you want managers to do, draw a radius of a couple of miles from around the ground and that's all you are allowed to pick from. Don't be ridiculous people.

There are 2 teams in Cornwall that play only locals for almost every game!

Think about it???

The two teams on the Isles of Scilly: Garrison Gunners and Woolpack Wanderers

http://www.worldssmallestleague.co.uk/index.html

I do believe that the penryn multi-managers response to being wound up by certain members of the forum, has developed into a cheeky little attempt at mind games!! Illogan know the way home and are a good side. Falmouth need to win something as they have been together for a couple of years now??? Apart from new goal keepers, centre half, left back, centre midfield, wide player, and centre fwd, they are almost unchanged lol!!!! Falmouth 7th or 8th last year, huge improvement, I heard they are than happy with developments. Roy has been reported as saying their original aim was top four, then build again for next year!

All this crap about penryn is boring now, obviously coming from immature jealous individuals! No one moaned last year when helston bought the combo did they?

Hmmm, Can assure you Helston DID NOT pay or indeed buy the league last season. Amazing what happens when you have a class manager and coach with Sid and Richie to attrack players in. But we had 12 members of our squad all went to Helston School and still do

Dont know why everyone bangs on about money when a club does well. St Day pay but no-one cares as they aren't challenging. Sure P'well might have a few ££ floating around but again, no-one cares as they aren't up there.

It all gets boring. I wonder if everyone had to use thier own names how much slagging would go on?!

Winno, I'll be home sunday the 5th March pal revv'd up!!

Extra sausage roll with your cocktail pasty (sourced from local supermarket) is the most on offer I'm afraid Burts. You can have it as long as you attend training.........oh wait a minute, you posted this while we were at training!

That means pottsy u trained 2 weeks on the trot u feeling ok mate