Cornwall Football Forum

Chairman's New Year's Day interview with Dave Deacon

Mr Heaney acknowledged the AWAY support and how terrific they are, he like others knows the majority are members of TISA, the expenditure for not only those who travel from Cornwall as a group but us exiles who travel individually is enormous, I often wonder what drives those living in Cornwall to make the long journeys as often as they do, then I know, it's their love for their Football Team.

Mr Heaney never mentioned the HOME supporters vocal support because those same people who travel away do not have the heart to open their lungs whilst being treated as outsiders in their own domain. He mentions an increase in attendances but not the lack of atmosphere, there has not been a Club Shop, and what their agent has for sale is minimal and overpriced, therefore, fans should be allowed to wear what they like, NOT threatened in the manner events unfolded not so long ago.

TISA should be allowed to display their SUPPORTERS Club flag, it's members to wear it's SUPPORTERS Club colours, my BROTHER ex Truro City player, team colours Red & Black, gave his life for this country fighting against first a little man who wore built up shoes during WWII, later dictators in the Far East, a wasted life if people are refused entry for wearing whatever they desire in what we all think is a free country.

All this video proved to me was a display to massage one persons ego, paving the way for what he wants and Truro City renting a ground rather than owning one which was always a prime factor to be protected by the clubs Trustees, nothing will change my mind that a Stadium for Cornwall will be a bad thing for Truro City Football Club or it's supporters.

Mr Heaney had an opportunity to put across a New Years message to unite the club, in this video intervierw he has failed miserably.

"Mr Heaney, tell your supporters something new, not spend 8mins filling your interview with fluff. "

Confirmation that we will be watching Conference South football for the rest of the year (barring relegation) was good news for me. I should point out that I instigated the video and not the chairman.

for those that don't wanna listen to the whole interview just listen for about 20sec's from 2mins 20; it will put a smile on yr face and shows what a hypocrite he is.

he is talking about money and his comments are surly a p##s take.

How can heaney moan about any company not paying monies owed :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

"Mr Heaney, tell your supporters something new, not spend 8mins filling your interview with fluff. "

Confirmation that we will be watching Conference South football for the rest of the year (barring relegation) was good news for me. I should point out that I instigated the video and not the chairman.

I think your weddings etc will be a better earner for you!! But it has got you on the map i would say!!

Truro City ( the white tigers ) has lasted longer than my 2 marriages though !! :clapper: :c:

Am i being cynical but is it not better for a club to own it's ground rather than rent one i.e. Stadium for Cornwall.Once again what we are hearing is waffle,come on Mr.Heaney be open with your supporters,Truro City was there a long time before you arrived,hopefully might be there when you leave. :c: :ninja:

For all the real Truro City fans, I came across these whilst looking for red & white ones.... http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2475wt_1110

Hiya Nemises, Thank you for the info.

We are real Truro City fans, not the cardboard cutouts Arsenal had at their clock end not that many years ago :c:

When City play away the terraces are lit up with the Red and Black that is clearly visible.

TISA are available if you would like a Red and Black one anytime.

I got my Scarf and Hat from http://www.footballheaven.net who also do Red and White at a reasonable price if you are still looking.

Am i being cynical but is it not better for a club to own it's ground rather than rent one i.e. Stadium for Cornwall.Once again what we are hearing is waffle,come on Mr.Heaney be open with your supporters,Truro City was there a long time before you arrived,hopefully might be there when you leave. :c::ninja:

The ground are the "Crown Jewels" for any club and I think all Truro City supporters whether they are TISA members or those who support independently should all join forces to fight against Truro's involvement with a Stadium for Cornwall, also being cynical where will the support teams play 2nd Team youth etc.?

There has to be something in it for the Council otherwise they would not want to be involved, in the circumstances I think the council should make available land for use by the support teams, then Mr Heaney has his way to pursue HIS DREAM, should it fail there would still be a facility for THOSE REAL TRURO CITY SUPPORTERS to pick up the pieces and ensure the City of Truro can look forward to football for another 122 years if the "Heaney Dream" goes belly up.

I mentioned the support teams, I have no confidence that the "Heaney Dream" includes them in depth once he has got his own way, the difference between Step 2 football and Step 7 (where the reserves are now) is too great for the players to step up and be immediately useful to cover injuries or suspensions in the first team. WE WILL BECOME A ONE TEAM CLUB who's Supporters Club was disbanded, not wanted in the past, I am now happy to be INDEPENDANT until there is regime change, there has been too much waffle deflecting from the main issues.

RED and BLACK - BRING it BACK.

This Stadium For Cornwall, how's it going to be funded.

Dicky Evans of the Pirates to put up say a couple of £2m, some hotel chain another £1m and the rest by the tax payers of Cornwall.

The Pirates will pay a reduced rent,

Truro City paying a rent obtained by letting some supermarket chain build on Treyew Road, thus providing a rent via a lease, for the Cornwall Stadium usage, players wages and a few quid to pay back Mr Heaneys £1.75m loan to the club..

What happens if Truro are relegated and gates go down, etc, will the rent be reduced or will it stay the same?

With all these Premier Inns being built here there and everywhere will there be enough trade for a hotel chain to find it sustainable?

Will Truro Reserves have to play on one of the training pitches? Stadium pitch can't be made ready from a Saturday 5pm for a Sunday 3pm for a Pirates match especially if it a wet weekend.

These are the sort of questions that should have been put to Mr Heaney, not let him waffle about how great the supporters are in Cornwall, how they have won 5 promotions, his best moment was winning some cup, etc.

I really don't think this will ever happen... a stadium for Cornwall would have been filled 20 years ago with the rugby ( Cornwall )

but Plymouth Argyle are struggling.... with a vast City compared to ours..( yes Argyle had a decent team but had to sell the best ones to keep afloat)

It would be lovely to get in my vehicle and drive for just over an hour to see decent football .. (Plymouth i mean , they had a Championship team

only a few years ago )

But it takes me 30 minutes to get to Truro ..... I have a TR15 post code .. :c:

Nero fiddling while Rome burns. So outside investors will only come in if the Stadium for Cornwall gets off the ground. Any "stadium for Cornwall" should be in the centre of the County for no-brainer obvious reasons, not at Truro . Truro City, as the premier football club in the County, would not have (i.e. own) its own ground: unbelievable! I have heard it said that the Council won't allow Treyew Road to be developed to the level required for Conference Premier and above. I find that incredible because it seems they will allow a ruddy great "Business Park" there. It would be perfectly possible to install covered terracing around three sides of the ground that wouldn't be any higher than the tops of the two open stands there now, and extend the covered grandstand the full length of the pitch, to more than meet the ground requirements. Both changing rooms could be extended (away, into the carpark, home, towards the pitch) to make them big enough: three bits of walling and an extension to the flat roof for each of them. Extra turnstiles: there's room. Toilets: portaloos are acceptable. If County planners "won't allow" development at Treyew Road then I smell a rat. Such a club needs to own its own ground. Truro's attendances in a 10,000 seater stadium will be an embarrassment. No, this is purely about making money by somehow freeing up the present ground for good old profitable development. As soon as a club has no lifetime security over its playing facilities it had better watch out.

And funny how the tiny squad is due to injuries and suspensions rather than players leaving because they weren't being paid and the club being unable to sign replacements because of the outstanding tax bill! Must have slipped his mind!

As for "things in place", another metaphor for "I haven't got the cash!"

What a terrible, terrible, terrible mess!

Not sticking up for Truro so don't take it that way but the stadium should be there. It's the capital. Wembley isn't central. Nor is Cardiff's Millenium Stadium.

Cornwall isn't that big a place that Truro isn't accessible. It's central enough.

Not sticking up for Truro so don't take it that way but the stadium should be there. It's the capital. Wembley isn't central. Nor is Cardiff's Millenium Stadium.

Cornwall isn't that big a place that Truro isn't accessible. It's central enough.

Don't follow what you are trying to get at. The Stadium for Cornwall should be built wherever the people who will use it, need it - in this case, down west for the Pirates. City will be bust sooner rather than later.

Wembley is a pain to get to by road and awful on the Tube. Cardiff is perfect, 15 mins off the M4 or a 5min walk from Cardiff Central station.

This Stadium For Cornwall, how's it going to be funded.

Dicky Evans of the Pirates to put up say a couple of £2m, some hotel chain another £1m and the rest by the tax payers of Cornwall.

The Pirates will pay a reduced rent,

Truro City paying a rent obtained by letting some supermarket chain build on Treyew Road, thus providing a rent via a lease, for the Cornwall Stadium usage, players wages and a few quid to pay back Mr Heaneys £1.75m loan to the club..

What happens if Truro are relegated and gates go down, etc, will the rent be reduced or will it stay the same?

With all these Premier Inns being built here there and everywhere will there be enough trade for a hotel chain to find it sustainable?

Will Truro Reserves have to play on one of the training pitches? Stadium pitch can't be made ready from a Saturday 5pm for a Sunday 3pm for a Pirates match especially if it a wet weekend.

These are the sort of questions that should have been put to Mr Heaney, not let him waffle about how great the supporters are in Cornwall, how they have won 5 promotions, his best moment was winning some cup, etc.

Cornishteddyboy dont forget Mr Heaney borrowed the £1.75 million from LloydsTSB Bank therefore he ccould not seel the City ground until he pays that back if ever Hammers :c::closedeyes: :c:

Don't follow what you are trying to get at. The Stadium for Cornwall should be built wherever the people who will use it, need it - in this case, down west for the Pirates. City will be bust sooner rather than later.

Wembley is a pain to get to by road and awful on the Tube. Cardiff is perfect, 15 mins off the M4 or a 5min walk from Cardiff Central station.

I forgot to quote one from I above I was replying to. My point is if it's a stadium for Cornwall it should be Truro. The above stadiums I was referring to were national stadiums that weren't necessarily central. But I agree the best use will be from the Pirates.

Why should it be built in Truro ???,Seems to me a better place would be around St Erth which is on the A30 and has rail links and also bang smack in the middle of the rugby strongholds of Penzance and Camborne/Redruth.It's only the Pirates that will go anywhere near filling the stadium and im afraid 300 Truro fans rattling around in it every other week just wont pay.

Having been going to Truro twice a week for the last 4 months one thing has become plainly obvious to me, there is a hell of a lot of money going in to that area, I think to be honest when you look at the bigger picture Truro is the best place for this so called 'stadium for Cornwall', Where in Penzance is big enough to park all the cars of a capacity crowd? or a music concert, the answer-no where! Why waste money buying land for parking when Truro already have a massively successful park and ride! Granted the Pirates will share the ground but lets not forget they are no longer the 'Penzance Pirates' they are the Cornish Pirates and as long as they play somewhere in Cornwall does it really matter if that place ends up being Truro?

Common Tater' - absolutely spot on !

I've no problem with a Stadium for Cornwall per se, it'll suit the Pirates just fine. The issue for most Truro City supporters I know is that we will be giving up a ground (our home, given to the club by the people of Truro) which could be easily modified to sustain the standard of football we're at to become rent paying tennants at a stadium which our support will rattle around in. The economics behind this are purely to satisfy the interests (greed) of one person and one person only. Out of interest what will happen to the Pirates ground in Penzance? will it be sold or redevolped as a retail park like Treyew Road to buy them into the Stadium? In addition Heaney stated at the fans meeting that the ground rent from the retail park will go into a 'trust fund' to finance the team in the future, as someone pointed out to me on Sunday who will supervise this trust? Has this set up ever been tried elsewhere? As for the interview the Argyle fans heard the same old guff all summer, long way for them to go yet but they must be watching this with a sense of relief.