Cornwall Football Forum

FA Trophy replay

DAVE MAYBE THE FACT THAT IT IS XMAS COMING AND WITH ECONOMY STILL LOOKING RUBBISH PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY WATCHING THE GAME..... JUST A THOUGHT

I hear what you're saying, but as it was an evening game it's an opportunity for some that are involved elsewhere on a Saturday to take a look. Like the couple I saw from Illogan and the one from Troon.

£10 is a lot more than one has to pay to get in to other games in Cornwall, but if we're honest, the standard of the Blue Square South is a lot, lot better than even the best teams in the SWPL.

I would therefore say that in comparing football in the county, Truro and the opposition they face each week is value for money.

The cheapest team to support in the Conference South is Dorchester Town at £9.00 they have frozen that figure for the FIFTH season running hoping that in doing so they will encourage more to attend.

TRURO CITY are the next cheapest at £10.00 which I think is good for a TOP NON LEAGUE club from current league position there are ONLY 34 teams between us and being NUMBER ONE, win our games in hand and it would be nearer. It is also noticable that not so long ago a number of those teams above us now, were in the Football League, Irrespective of opinions, Truro City have come a long way.

On Saturday admission at Farnborough (we beat then 8-2 at Treyew Road) will be £12.00 Adults £8.00 Senior Citizens, I think their car park costs a bit as well.

I've seen 9 Truro away games this season, 4 WINS, 3 Draws, 2 defeats, although paying more than those attending Treyew Road for the privilege, I must say the team has given us value for money.

Dave should be a good crowd against Ebbsfleet United. Truro Seconds have no game next saturday so would urge all that attend all truro second games and if your team is not playing to come to Treyew next Saturday for a cracker of a game. Long way for Ebbsfleet United to travel and sure won't like being the away team.