Cornwall Football Forum

Just out of interest what does everyone else pay for fees for training sessions, matches and signing on fees.

just curious as our club is talking about putting there fees up?

:wacko:

Helston dont charge for any of that but they do ask every player become amember of the club which i think is £7-00 a year. The teams have their own fines system which goes towards some social do's which puts money behind the bar too.

is that extra money to pay for refs? 5 pounds a game is a lot. we pay 2 pounds at wendron

I have heard that match fees and travel expenses are set to increase for the new season.

match fees for referees is to go up to £18 a game for 'junior' games, in line with the next lowest fee for the rest of the country.

currently cornwall is the lowest fee in the country.

petrol expenses are also goining up to reflect rising costs in fuel. I'd expect to somewhere between 35-40p. It was 35p 2 seasons ago.

£5 a game isnt a lot if you look at the bigger picture, if you have two teams its only £110 a week, by the time you have paid for a ref, paid for the line marking, travelling, electric, water rates, council rates it soon adds up.

it has always intrigued me with football and players reluctance to pay, for any other hobbie you would have to cough up!

RNAS Culdrose;

£25:00 Life Membership that pays for your membership pack that includes Bag,T-shirt, Water Bottle, Boot bag worth £17:50

£1:00 Weekly Subs (stays £1:00 even if we play 3-4 games in a week).

Team Fines - Ten Commandments goes towards individual team nights out.

This is across all three sides JCCL,FHFL & Sunday.

RNAS Culdrose;

£25:00 Life Membership that pays for your membership pack that includes Bag,T-shirt, Water Bottle, Boot bag worth £17:50

£1:00 Weekly Subs (stays £1:00 even if we play 3-4 games in a week).

Team Fines - Ten Commandments goes towards individual team nights out.

This is across all three sides JCCL,FHFL & Sunday.

correct me if I am wrong though Andrew but arn't your teams heavily subsidised by the Great British taxpayer?

Crystal, yes I will correct you. The football club is run as a self sustaining service fund that is not allowed public funding (taxpayers money) Our facility however is obviously Mod owned. We generate our own income through membership, bar takings, subs and sponsorship as any other club would.

Crystal, yes I will correct you. The football club is run as a self sustaining service fund that is not allowed public funding (taxpayers money) Our facility however is obviously Mod owned. We generate our own income through membership, bar takings, subs and sponsorship as any other club would.

ok so maybe not heavily subsidised but by using there facilities would you say you are partly subsidised by the mod?

Does that therefore not mean if you play on a council pitch you are partially subsidised by the council who also receive taxpayers money which contrary to popular belief members of the navy pay!! The culdrose football team enjoy good sporting facilities due to the fact they are members of the armed forces and part of the attraction of joining the navy in the first place is the availability of those facilities and excellent gymnasium being made available for personnel to use. I'm sure the "taxpayers" money that's paid to the culdrose groundstaff to look after the field for the use of all 2500 people that work there and their families is spent wisely it's not only used for teams that play on a Saturday, cricket, rugby youth football and all the different sections at culdrose use it extensively throughout the year.

Does that therefore not mean if you play on a council pitch you are partially subsidised by the council who also receive taxpayers money which contrary to popular belief members of the navy pay!! The culdrose football team enjoy good sporting facilities due to the fact they are members of the armed forces and part of the attraction of joining the navy in the first place is the availability of those facilities and excellent gymnasium being made available for personnel to use. I'm sure the "taxpayers" money that's paid to the culdrose groundstaff to look after the field for the use of all 2500 people that work there and their families is spent wisely it's not only used for teams that play on a Saturday, cricket, rugby youth football and all the different sections at culdrose use it extensively throughout the year.

the point I was originally trying to make (probably unsuccessfully) is that when you own your own ground you have to pay for everything, water rates, electric, council rates, the lines to be marked etc, etc, which all cost a fair wack. To use a council pitch you have to pay a premium, so they are not actually subsidised.

Anyway let's get this topic back on track, players still need to cough up more then they are.

"thems the breaks" I suppose Crystal!

at St Agnes we pay £2 in the seconds and thirds. First team don't pay subs, because the club charges people to come into watch the game, buy raffle tickets off Mandy - which is practically impossible not to do (I'm sure I bought a strip whilst standing at left back in one game!) - therefore generating money to pay for the referee's.

We're lucky to have volunteers and some people that may get a tenner or whatever to cut the grass and line the pitch. but the majority of it is done by the good will of those involved in the club.

Its a good craic if you can get 10 or so players up at the club, painting the changing rooms, tidying the pitch and surrounding areas, with a few tins of lager on a decent day, you can have a bit of a laugh doing it. But more importantly in my mind, it makes those realise what it takes to operate a football club without a sugar daddy in charge.