Premier Division

Foxhole Stars 0 - 3 Altarnun

Lamerton 2 - 1 Fowey United

Mevagissey 2 - 4 St.Mawgan

Torpoint Athletic 7 - 0 St. Columb Major

First Division

Bere Alston United 4 - 0 Week St. Mary

Boscastle 0 - 1 Polperro

Godolphin Atlantic C - C Calstock (Unable to raise a side)

Grampound 2 - 2 Pensilva

St. Dominick 4 - 2 Pelynt

Second Division

St. Dennis 3 - 1 Lostwithiel

Third Division

Biscovey 0 - 0 Lewdown Rovers

Roche C - C Callington Town (Unable to raise a side)

St. Minver 4 - 3 Stratton United

Sticker 5 - 1 Tintagel

Fourth Division

Mevagissey Reserves LKO Southgate

Pensilva Reserves 2 - 6 Charlestown Saints

St. Teath LKO North Petherwin

Fifth Division

Grampound Reserves LKO Torpoint Comrades

LC Phoenix 2 - 2 Calstock Reserves

St. Newlyn East Reserves 2 - 4 Lanivet Inn

Godolphin V Calstock

Went to watch the game in Newquay in the faint hope that Castock would suffer another surprise defeat (sorry Stew I'm biased) but the game had been called off as Godolphin couldn't raise a team giving Calstock the points they needed to secure the title.

I'm sure Stew and Calstock would rather have won it by playing the game but would like to congratulate Calstock FC on behalf of St. Newlyn East FC on a fantastic season and being worthy champions. As Stew has said all along "it's not where you start but where you finish".

Good luck next season in the Premier Division.

Jiggy

Lamerton 2 Fowey 1

cracking result for Lamy after there performance Thur night, just shows when the players are there and the attitude is right we can compete with anyone. Good first half with both sides having chances but a low shot from James Steer outside the box crept in to give Lamerton the lead. 2nd half saw fowey pushing for the equaliser but some good defending and a goal line clearence kept the lead, the equaliser came from a mix up between our keeper and defender which let the fowey striker slot home. the final 20 mins saw some tough tackles from both sides and some good chance to win the game but it was a counter attack which saw Alex Mayne break away to lob the keeper to score the winner.

There were a few handbags in the second half which I thought the ref managed well but I suspect Fowey wont see it that well but there was not any nasty tackles from any of the sides, there was some dodgy offside decisions for both sides as you get every week, but looking at some of the refs we have had this season he was one of the better.

good end to Lamerton season against one of the best sides in the league shame none of their players came down to the pub as food was put on and we even had some sour grapes for afters!

well done to fowey and see you next season!

Lamerton 2 Fowey 1

cracking result for Lamy after there performance Thur night, just shows when the players are there and the attitude is right we can compete with anyone. Good first half with both sides having chances but a low shot from James Steer outside the box crept in to give Lamerton the lead. 2nd half saw fowey pushing for the equaliser but some good defending and a goal line clearence kept the lead, the equaliser came from a mix up between our keeper and defender which let the fowey striker slot home. the final 20 mins saw some tough tackles from both sides and some good chance to win the game but it was a counter attack which saw Alex Mayne break away to lob the keeper to score the winner.

There were a few handbags in the second half which I thought the ref managed well but I suspect Fowey wont see it that well but there was not any nasty tackles from any of the sides, there was some dodgy offside decisions for both sides as you get every week, but looking at some of the refs we have had this season he was one of the better.

good end to Lamerton season against one of the best sides in the league shame none of their players came down to the pub as food was put on and we even had some sour grapes for afters!

Well done Lamerton!!! Hopefully my boys down at Torpoint won today. Anyone know the score?

Thats typical little ron you dont come on the forum to do a report for months then youu steel my thunder on the last day of the season!!

And Foweys goal wasnt a mix up between defence and goalkeeper... i called... didnt get there because im old and unfit! nearly cost us the three points until Alex got the goal to get me out the brown stuff!

All in all i just want to say that im proud of all the lads today with the display they put on to beat one of the top teams.

All the best to Torpoint hope we done you a favour today just get the points you need to win the title now. Im sure you will if Bate's keeps bang the goals in!!

Big Ern out

Div 1 : Grampound 2-2 Pensilva

Pensilva were really up for this one but Grampound had enough clear chances to put them away. Well done to Pensilva for a point well battled for.

Shocked to see that Godolphin couldn't put a team out today. Thought they would have given Calstock a good game.

Div 5 : Grampound Res. 4-2 Torpoint Comrades

Well done to our reserves for avoiding re-election with 3 wins in their last 4 games after what has been a difficult season.

Godolphin V Calstock

Went to watch the game in Newquay in the faint hope that Castock would suffer another surprise defeat (sorry Stew I'm biased) but the game had been called off as Godolphin couldn't raise a team giving Calstock the points they needed to secure the title.

I'm sure Stew and Calstock would rather have won it by playing the game but would like to congratulate Calstock FC on behalf of St. Newlyn East FC on a fantastic season and being worthy champions. As Stew has said all along "it's not where you start but where you finish".

Good luck next season in the Premier Division.

Jiggy

I'm not sure if this helps but this happened to us one season at youth football. Liskeard failed to raise a side last game of the season and we needed a win for the title. I spoke to Ray Brown and he told me points awarded for a team failing to raise a side cannot happen to be the deciding factor for the league winner, promotion or relegation.

Not sure if that was just a youth league rule or FA rule? Might be worth asking the league about?

In the end we were awarded a draw, played a playoff for the league and lost on penalties.

Lamerton 2 Fowey 1

Do Fowey ever go back for food to any club?????? They are very sore losers especially at their own pitch i have heard

Well apparently the reason Fowey didn't come back to the pub is because "it is a bit of a trek to get home"

This i could see as a valid point to make.

However... when we travel to any club we always go back to the pub win, lose or draw however far the distance to travel... as the pubs always do food for both teams after a game. Our landlady had done food for both teams so it was lucky we were hungry after the game... although she lost money really as she cooked a load of good grub hoping that the takings of the bar would account for it.

Not only that but what ever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch and in the bar after should just be a good yap and a bit of banter... where have those days gone?

Lets hope that they return to football soon because at the end of the day its only a game and we work all week looking forward to Saturdays for a footy match and let our hair down.

If "a bit of a trek to get home" was the excuse for not going back, then there was no reason they couldn't have warned you before the game. That way your landlady could've been warned and saved cooking the extra.

Frankly not going back after the game is a bit ignorant really, it's all part of the day and keeps team spirit.

You are right Big Ern, after the final whistle anything that has happened is over. I can't remember the amount of times I've spent the game winding up strikers just to put them off, or even spent the whole game with the opposition trying to put me off. When the game finishes that's over and forgotten.

Well apparently the reason Fowey didn't come back to the pub is because "it is a bit of a trek to get home"

This i could see as a valid point to make.

However... when we travel to any club we always go back to the pub win, lose or draw however far the distance to travel... as the pubs always do food for both teams after a game. Our landlady had done food for both teams so it was lucky we were hungry after the game... although she lost money really as she cooked a load of good grub hoping that the takings of the bar would account for it.

Not only that but what ever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch and in the bar after should just be a good yap and a bit of banter... where have those days gone?

Lets hope that they return to football soon because at the end of the day its only a game and we work all week looking forward to Saturdays for a footy match and let our hair down.

They were probably more worried that the pub wouldn't sell cocktails or have a place to put their handbags!! Shame they called the Ref a cheat, as it was a well deserved win for Lammy and I thought the ref did a good job under alot of pressure. Was good to see they highlighted the big lad in centre midfield as the man of the season... legend :-p

Thanks to KeithFranks, Fixtures Secretary Duchy League

Saturday 7th May 2011

Premier Division

Foxhole Stars 0 - 3 Altarnun

Lamerton 2 - 1 Fowey United

Mevagissey 2 - 4 St.Mawgan

Torpoint Athletic 7 - 0 St. Columb Major

First Division

Bere Alston United 4 - 0 Week St. Mary

Boscastle 0 - 1 Polperro

Godolphin Atlantic C - C Calstock (Unable to raise a side)

Grampound 2 - 2 Pensilva

St. Dominick 4 - 2 Pelynt

Second Division

St. Dennis 3 - 1 Lostwithiel

Third Division

Biscovey 0 - 0 Lewdown Rovers

Roche C - C Callington Town (Unable to raise a side)

St. Minver 4 - 3 Stratton United

Sticker 5 - 1 Tintagel

Fourth Division

Mevagissey Reserves LKO Southgate

Pensilva Reserves 2 - 6 Charlestown Saints

St. Teath LKO North Petherwin

Fifth Division

Grampound Reserves LKO Torpoint Comrades

LC Phoenix 2 - 2 Calstock Reserves

St. Newlyn East Reserves 2 - 4 Lanivet Inn

Well done st dennis great season boooooom

Hi Jiggy,

Just back from sunny France :thumbsup:

I must agree with you Martin, we certainly did not want to win the league this way especially after a sorry display against Boscastle and wanted to put it right....when the wife had a call from the secretary of Godolphin i had mixed emotions...anger for not being able to play and joy that at least i do not miss a match :clapper:

I am biased and believe that any team that goes 21 games unbeaten ( soon to be 22 hopefully ) deserves 2nd spot or 1st spot.

We will cross again next year.

Thanks again for your kind words, from all at Calstock F.C

Hi Jiggy,

Just back from sunny France :thumbsup:

I must agree with you Martin, we certainly did not want to win the league this way especially after a sorry display against Boscastle and wanted to put it right....when the wife had a call from the secretary of Godolphin i had mixed emotions...anger for not being able to play and joy that at least i do not miss a match :clapper:

I am biased and believe that any team that goes 21 games unbeaten ( soon to be 22 hopefully ) deserves 2nd spot or 1st spot.

We will cross again next year.

Thanks again for your kind words, from all at Calstock F.C

Stu mate,

Dont quite understand how you have gone 21 games unbeaten (soon to be 22) when you lost last mid-week to Boscastle..??? :unsure:

Congratulations on the league title though!!!

Godolphin never go back anywhere, poor!

After handing the title to Calstock you'd have to question if they actually go anywhere Left Peg!!! ;)

All jokes aside, Calstock deserve to win it this year. They are the best side we've played against all season, (including Torpoint) and although we didn't really bring a side to your place to give you a game for the full 90, the side you put out that day Stewart should be good enough to beat any Duchy side.

Shut it Henry,

Thanks for your kind words.....hope youve delivered those letters by now :thumbsup:

Good season for spence with all things considered

Correct me if I am wrong but yes it was 21 games unbeaten but the 22nd game was a loss away to boscastle so so it won't be soon to be 22 games unbeaten, or does it not count if the manager is out of the country?? Lol

Shut it Henry,

Thanks for your kind words.....hope youve delivered those letters by now :thumbsup:

Correct me if I am wrong but yes it was 21 games unbeaten but the 22nd game was a loss away to boscastle so so it won't be soon to be 22 games unbeaten, or does it not count if the manager is out of the country?? Lol

Thanks the Cat!!! Thought i wasnt wrong!! Stu I expect an apology ha ha :yahoo:

Shut it Henry,

Yeah, I found a quiet corner of a field for them!!! ;)

Not too bad at all really, it's a shame that the only times this season we have had a bare 11 was against you. I'd have enjoyed the games more if we'd have both had full strength sides.

I'm crossing my fingers that we may squeeze up too, if we are lucky enough to go up I'm putting off retirement for another season (I make that at least the last 6 I've said that now!). I realise it's only 2 up but every year the league seem to push more up, we managed it in 6th last year!!! If not then Downderry Vets will be happy to have me I'd think. :thumbsup: